Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? 18:42 - Jan 12 with 2873 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

You’ve got Rooney, Shearer, Henry, Van persie, Suarez, Torres, Drogba.

I’ve probably missed a few but he’s got to be in the top two.... With who I’m not sure.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 18:56 - Jan 12 with 2427 viewsIllinoisblue

he's got to be up there with Marcus Stewart

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 19:16 - Jan 12 with 2397 viewspelles321

I’m not sure Torres should be in the debate. Couple of good seasons at Liverpool, when Gerrard was also on top of his game.

Bergkamp is the one I’d have included. He and Cantona were the players who made their respective teams tick in regards to creativity. I’d still say Shearer and Henry for me, but may reconsider at the end of Aguero’s career as he has some record.
Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 19:19 - Jan 12 with 2392 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 19:16 - Jan 12 by pelles321

I’m not sure Torres should be in the debate. Couple of good seasons at Liverpool, when Gerrard was also on top of his game.

Bergkamp is the one I’d have included. He and Cantona were the players who made their respective teams tick in regards to creativity. I’d still say Shearer and Henry for me, but may reconsider at the end of Aguero’s career as he has some record.

Love Bergkamp. Not sure he was an out and out striker like the others on the list were though.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 19:21 - Jan 12 with 2389 viewsMullet

I think Henry blows him out of the water with assists. The league was also a lot tighter for a larger chunk of Henry's time at Arsenal I'd argue. Both helped catapult their respective teams up into title contention though, but for me I prefer Bergkamp and Henry to KDB and Aguero.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 20:01 - Jan 12 with 2320 viewsGarv

For sheer quality Suarez was the best, despite being a cheat of epic proportions.

For longevity and goals then Rooney, Shearer and Aguero (in no particular order) are the top three, closely followed by Henry, very closely followed by Van Persie. Torres and Drogba shouldn't be part of the discussion for me.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2020 20:04]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 20:03 - Jan 12 with 2315 viewsbournemouthblue

Van Nistelrooy was pretty prolific for Man U

The likes of Wright, Defoe and Cole are probably the next tier down?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 21:15 - Jan 12 with 2213 viewsvapour_trail

I’d add Jimmy Flloyd to the list and remove Torres.

Henry and Suarez top for me for their quality, though Suarez has done more of his goal scoring in Spain.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 22:40 - Jan 12 with 2129 viewsStokieBlue

Shearer pre-injury was ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 23:07 - Jan 12 with 2097 viewsSamWhiteUK

Can't believe people are saying take Torres out. I know he went off the boil at Chelsea, but f*ck me, when he was in his prime he was out-of-this-world unplayable. His finishing was deadly and he was absolutely rapid to boot
Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 23:11 - Jan 12 with 2088 viewsMrTown

Wouldn’t have Torres in.

In terms of PL: Henry, Shearer, Rooney, Aguero, Suarez, Drogba, Van Persie

In terms of pure genius I love Luis Suarez.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 23:28 - Jan 12 with 2075 viewsjeera

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 18:56 - Jan 12 by Illinoisblue

he's got to be up there with Marcus Stewart

There's some high praise right there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 00:17 - Jan 13 with 2034 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 23:07 - Jan 12 by SamWhiteUK

Can't believe people are saying take Torres out. I know he went off the boil at Chelsea, but f*ck me, when he was in his prime he was out-of-this-world unplayable. His finishing was deadly and he was absolutely rapid to boot

He was terrifying for defenders, used to back them up in to their own box.

Elite bagsman
[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 0:17]

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 08:30 - Jan 13 with 1898 viewsitfcjoe

Not for me - he's a goalscorer but not much more to his game like the others had, and been in the best team for a long time.

A fantastic player, and right to be in the conversation but hard to put him even in the top 5.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 09:12 - Jan 13 with 1862 viewsSwansea_Blue

Priskin-esque

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 09:19 - Jan 13 with 1849 viewsMrTown

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 08:30 - Jan 13 by itfcjoe

Not for me - he's a goalscorer but not much more to his game like the others had, and been in the best team for a long time.

A fantastic player, and right to be in the conversation but hard to put him even in the top 5.

Surely he makes top 5.

Henry, Shearer, Rooney, Suarez and Aguero.

He is the definition of serial goalscorer.

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 09:22 - Jan 13 with 1845 viewsSwansea_Blue

Andy Cole is unsubtly coughing in the background...

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 09:27 - Jan 13 with 1834 viewschicoazul

Somewhere between Kevin Phillips and Michu.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:00 - Jan 13 with 1799 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 09:22 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

Andy Cole is unsubtly coughing in the background...

I missed out loads but the ones I name would make the top 5

Shearer(because its Shearer)
Henry(because its Henry)
Aguero(for sheer consistency)
Suarez(for ability, that season was absolutely disgusting, all round game)

Then maybe one place up for grabs?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:04 - Jan 13 with 1796 viewsdirtyboy

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 22:40 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

Shearer pre-injury was ridiculous.

SB

People forget how good Shearer was, he was strong, fast (particularly so in his early days) and his workrate were excellent.

Thierry Henry was another level though in terms of pure footballing brilliance, yes goals, but also the number of assists and just taking players out of the game (how often were two players put on him) just brought so much to the team.

Rooney had a bit of everything, could play anywhere with his range of passing, great skills and could obviously score goals.

Aguero, great player obviously, just don't feel he's got that x-factor like the others, can't really put my finger on why.
Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:10 - Jan 13 with 1790 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:04 - Jan 13 by dirtyboy

People forget how good Shearer was, he was strong, fast (particularly so in his early days) and his workrate were excellent.

Thierry Henry was another level though in terms of pure footballing brilliance, yes goals, but also the number of assists and just taking players out of the game (how often were two players put on him) just brought so much to the team.

Rooney had a bit of everything, could play anywhere with his range of passing, great skills and could obviously score goals.

Aguero, great player obviously, just don't feel he's got that x-factor like the others, can't really put my finger on why.

I guess the biggest argument is what do you want from a striker.

If it is goals, you have to look at Shearer firstly, I agree that he's underappreciated, which is strange as he is the top goalscorer.

Aguero, maybe even Kane after that. Players who are goalscorers but don't have too much else to their game.

Henry, I always say is the best ever Prem player but was he a better out and out striker than Shearer? So it depends what you look for I guess.

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 1788 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:00 - Jan 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Henry(because its Henry)

Cole always gets forgotten, even though he's in the top 5 for goals scored. It just happens that his career took off when the PL was formed. He was class for United, but I wouldn't put him in the top 5 as he doesn't have the international record that the others in this top group had/have.

I'd probably go with Bergkamp as the 5th. A different type of striker and more versatile than some of the others, but he oozed class.

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:28 - Jan 13 with 1768 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:14 - Jan 13 by Swansea_Blue

Cole always gets forgotten, even though he's in the top 5 for goals scored. It just happens that his career took off when the PL was formed. He was class for United, but I wouldn't put him in the top 5 as he doesn't have the international record that the others in this top group had/have.

I'd probably go with Bergkamp as the 5th. A different type of striker and more versatile than some of the others, but he oozed class.

I love Bergkamp, he is my favourite ever PL player.

Just with the other strikers named, I always consider him as perhaps a number 10 Cf type, playing just behind, whereas the others I have listed were out and out 9s. If Bergkamp was categorized as a striker, he walks in for me

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:32 - Jan 13 with 1762 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ some terrible lists here

The following or GTFO, based on PL performance only and have only considered players that would be the recognised striker or part of a front 2, no wife forwards like Ronaldo or Hazard (yes I know both occasionally played there)

Henry
Shearer
Bergkamp
Cantona
Suarez (shorter spell but begrudgingly included as he was absolutely unplayable)

Honorary nod to Torres for being similarly unplayable as Suárez for a spell - but let down by final year at Liverpool and Chelsea spell

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:43 - Jan 13 with 1737 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:32 - Jan 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Christ some terrible lists here

The following or GTFO, based on PL performance only and have only considered players that would be the recognised striker or part of a front 2, no wife forwards like Ronaldo or Hazard (yes I know both occasionally played there)

Henry
Shearer
Bergkamp
Cantona
Suarez (shorter spell but begrudgingly included as he was absolutely unplayable)

Honorary nod to Torres for being similarly unplayable as Suárez for a spell - but let down by final year at Liverpool and Chelsea spell

But Bergkamp and Cantona wouldn't make my list as I don't view them personally as strikers. I understand the front two bit, but in my head they aren't out and out strikers.

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:44 - Jan 13 with 1730 viewsMrTown

Where does Aguero rank among PL strikers ? on 10:00 - Jan 13 by TRUE_BLUE123

Henry(because its Henry)

Rooney owns a place in the top 3, let alone the top 5.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024