Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Approach to today's game... 10:00 - Jan 11 with 838 viewsKeaneish

Edwards and Garbutt are key to making this as easy on ourselves as possible. If they retain the shape they did against Wycombe and don't over commit at the wrong times, keep the width and get good balls into the box early and frequently, this should be a comfortable afternoon.

Failure to do this, play to narrow or get caught on the counter and we'll get bogged down in a scrap.

Think we're all widely agreed we should keep the same starting 11 that finished ay Wycombe bar maybe one or two tweaks. The side should pick itself really given we're at home and Wycombe was a decent-ish performance.

If Edwards and Garbutt turn up and do the above, i'm gong with a comfortable 2 or 3 nil win...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Approach to today's game... on 10:37 - Jan 11 with 781 viewsChrisd

Thought Garbutt and Edwards had decent games at Wycombe overall, impressed with some of Edwards quality of crosses during the first half. Unfortunately, he didn't have as much of an impact during the second, but we had stopped playing really. I like Garbutt, he's got a terrific left foot especially for this level we need to get him involved as much as we can. Start Judge in his favoured 10 role, then bring Bishop on in his place at the 60 minute mark.

What we've shown, especially during this current run, we've got no given right just to expect we're going to have an easy afternoon. Probably many were expecting that at Accrington and took them too lightly and were then complacent. We're Ipswich, we never do things easily if we can help it and Stanley players aren't simply going to let us roll over them, they know we're beatable.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Approach to today's game... on 12:41 - Jan 11 with 703 viewsHullblue

If Donacien is fit I’d go with a back four. I know we’ve tinkered too much, but they did a number on our wing-backs in the away game. You’re right in your analysis but I think we can avoid that potential issue altogether. I’d probably even play Woolfenden at right back if Donacien isn’t fit.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Approach to today's game... on 13:31 - Jan 11 with 623 viewsBluefish

Which formation do you fancy to be drawn out of the hat?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Approach to today's game... on 15:52 - Jan 11 with 545 viewsHullblue

Approach to today's game... on 12:41 - Jan 11 by Hullblue

If Donacien is fit I’d go with a back four. I know we’ve tinkered too much, but they did a number on our wing-backs in the away game. You’re right in your analysis but I think we can avoid that potential issue altogether. I’d probably even play Woolfenden at right back if Donacien isn’t fit.

Ahem, as I was saying, let’s definitely stick with the back three.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024