Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems 11:54 - Jan 10 with 903 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Saying systems aren't important and it is the biggest cop out in football to say that you should stick to a system.

He used the example that KDB said that City spent 15 minutes on system before beating united. He failed to mention that Man City play the same system every single week.

I don't like to look too much in to pressers because of lot of it is just PL PR. But if he actually believes that systems aren't important, then my god we are in trouble.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 11:58 - Jan 10 with 864 viewsSwansea_Blue

Kind of goes against what ME has just said about having a particular identity too!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:03 - Jan 10 with 837 viewsSomethingBlue

Manchester City do not play the same system every single week.

Have to be fair — I think managers should be asked about their tactics more, and also open up about them more, but every one you talk to ... could be Guardiola, could be Klopp ... will repeat that "players before systems" line. I guarantee it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:08 - Jan 10 with 805 viewsTractorJack

FFS did he really say that? KDB also said "But it’s not like we never did it before so we did already a sometimes against teams who prefer to play man against man — Cardiff, United, I think Barcelona the way we did it the first year. So we’ve done it a couple of times.”

He's talking about playing without a centre forward, obviously they've done loads more prep in the past - it was only 15 minutes this time because they were so well drilled previously!
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 12:11]
PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:15 - Jan 10 with 773 viewsSwansea_Blue

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:03 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Have to be fair — I think managers should be asked about their tactics more, and also open up about them more, but every one you talk to ... could be Guardiola, could be Klopp ... will repeat that "players before systems" line. I guarantee it.

I think the difference with some of these teams is that they tend to be small changes playing to the strength of a particular player, rather than wholesale changes. Some changes in formation don't have to result in big changes to the system - a 433 to a 4231 doesn't need a lot of change in style and Klopp plays around with both.

Undoubtedly managers will play to some players' strengths though (especially if they're top players).

Mind you, Lambert also seems to be one of those who thinks a players should be able to play anywhere. At this level, I'm not sure that's the best route to go down.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:15 - Jan 10 with 774 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:03 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

Of course the personnel is important. But to say systems is a cop out isn't true.

Man City almost always play a 433, that is their system. I may be wrong but I cant remember Man city straying away from that set up?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:16 - Jan 10 with 771 viewsChrisd

That's unlike PL to talk utter BS, did he mention that he played in a Champions League final with some German side to misdirect further questioning?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 12:24]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:21 - Jan 10 with 750 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Man City know their system like the back of their hands, I think PL is misquoting KDB

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:23 - Jan 10 with 736 viewsitfcjoe

Patterns of play are more important than fixed systems - but we don't have those as yet and our players aren't good enough to play so fluidly with shape and system, that is the big issue

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:25 - Jan 10 with 722 viewsChrisd

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:23 - Jan 10 by itfcjoe

Patterns of play are more important than fixed systems - but we don't have those as yet and our players aren't good enough to play so fluidly with shape and system, that is the big issue

Worryingly though Joe, our manager seems completely blind of this fact.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:40 - Jan 10 with 689 viewsSWGF

"Good players will fit into any system....the more intelligent players you have, the game becomes easy", said PL.

Generally accepted that KDB is a "good player" and has football intelligence. He and his mates may only require 15mins to learn a system.

How many "good players" do we have?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:47 - Jan 10 with 662 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:16 - Jan 10 by Chrisd

That's unlike PL to talk utter BS, did he mention that he played in a Champions League final with some German side to misdirect further questioning?
[Post edited 10 Jan 2020 12:24]

He mentioned big clubs and competed for titles which is close

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:50 - Jan 10 with 652 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:40 - Jan 10 by SWGF

"Good players will fit into any system....the more intelligent players you have, the game becomes easy", said PL.

Generally accepted that KDB is a "good player" and has football intelligence. He and his mates may only require 15mins to learn a system.

How many "good players" do we have?

He also said that when he went to Dortmund he found it fine to fit in a midfield four although he had never played in one before.

I just wish one of the journos said "you were a better player than Ipswich town players who are playing in league one" frustrates the hell out of me.

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 13:16 - Jan 10 with 608 viewsSWGF

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 12:50 - Jan 10 by TRUE_BLUE123

He also said that when he went to Dortmund he found it fine to fit in a midfield four although he had never played in one before.

I just wish one of the journos said "you were a better player than Ipswich town players who are playing in league one" frustrates the hell out of me.

He mentioned he played for Dortmund? Never knew that.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 13:19 - Jan 10 with 598 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 13:16 - Jan 10 by SWGF

For the life of me I though it was Frankfurt.

Glad he has cleared it up.

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 13:20 - Jan 10 with 591 viewsitfcjoe

PL talking pure nonsense on his presser Re systems on 13:16 - Jan 10 by SWGF

I presume Dortmund is in Germany, just trying to piece together a couple of hints Lambert has made about his playing career

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024