Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games 22:21 - Jan 7 with 1944 viewsMelford

Look at this for Cardiff v Swansea. If you are a Swansea fan living in Cardiff you can't just rock up at the game, you have to go back to Swansea to go back to Cardiff.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/07/swansea-fans-facing-bizarre-200

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 04:56 - Jan 8 with 1700 viewsallezlesbleus

I read that last night. What an absolute farce.

Although I have heard that Town fans have been forced onto the train to Ipswich, after a game at Norwich, even when they have shown their train ticket and driving licence proving that they live in Cambridge or Lowestoft etc.

I know that there is the potential for trouble at the Cardiff v Swansea match, but I cannot think of any other sport, business, entertainment facility that has to put up with as much cr4p as football supporters.
If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 08:49 - Jan 8 with 1459 viewsITFC_Forever

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 04:56 - Jan 8 by allezlesbleus

Although I have heard that Town fans have been forced onto the train to Ipswich, after a game at Norwich, even when they have shown their train ticket and driving licence proving that they live in Cambridge or Lowestoft etc.

I know that there is the potential for trouble at the Cardiff v Swansea match, but I cannot think of any other sport, business, entertainment facility that has to put up with as much cr4p as football supporters.

We drove to Norwich for an away game one year, and when we headed off to our car, the policeman tried to force us back to the station.... been happening up there for years.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 08:52 - Jan 8 with 1449 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 04:56 - Jan 8 by allezlesbleus

It is mental, and our Derby gets our fans treated awfully.

Which is strange considering it is so tame. Norwich and Ipswich fans could be on the train together and nothing would happen.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 08:56 - Jan 8 with 1439 viewsitfcjoe

I met some Leeds fans when I was away in Egypt once, who travelled up from just outside Cardiff to Elland Road every week - the same happened for them at a Cardiff game (a 'bubble' match). So had to travel from Cardiff to Leeds to Cardiff to Leeds to Cardiff to watch a game of football!

I'm surprised ours haven't gone that way, they will at some point - and then when there is no trouble, like there isn't ever anyway in reality, it is seen as a success.

A catch-22 though, make conditions worse, no trouble and seen as a success and if any trouble they make it worse - fan's can't win

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 08:59 - Jan 8 with 1419 viewsITFC_Forever

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 08:56 - Jan 8 by itfcjoe

I met some Leeds fans when I was away in Egypt once, who travelled up from just outside Cardiff to Elland Road every week - the same happened for them at a Cardiff game (a 'bubble' match). So had to travel from Cardiff to Leeds to Cardiff to Leeds to Cardiff to watch a game of football!

I'm surprised ours haven't gone that way, they will at some point - and then when there is no trouble, like there isn't ever anyway in reality, it is seen as a success.

A catch-22 though, make conditions worse, no trouble and seen as a success and if any trouble they make it worse - fan's can't win

Even after games at Carrow Road, when you come out of the ground, there's always loads of budgies mixed in with Town fans, so I don't know why the budgie so-called top boys then hide behind police lines and point and shout, when they can just walk through them if they wanted to.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 09:05 - Jan 8 with 1396 viewsjasondozzell

I live in Cam and this has happened to me in recent derby games up there. I've had to protest quite a bit to be allowed to get the train back to Cam - they just want to herd everyone onto the Ipswich train!
If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 09:07 - Jan 8 with 1391 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 08:59 - Jan 8 by ITFC_Forever

Even after games at Carrow Road, when you come out of the ground, there's always loads of budgies mixed in with Town fans, so I don't know why the budgie so-called top boys then hide behind police lines and point and shout, when they can just walk through them if they wanted to.

It happens at Portman road coming out of churchman's as well.

There is that little metal fence and fans shout the odds at each other either side of it. Then it ends and all the fans are together again, and nothing happens.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 11:57 - Jan 8 with 1227 viewsbrazil1982

...and still fools buy the tickets. It's the same for Blackburn v Burnley. Supporters should simply boycott.
Login to get fewer ads

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:11 - Jan 8 with 1181 viewsFunge

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 11:57 - Jan 8 by brazil1982

...and still fools buy the tickets. It's the same for Blackburn v Burnley. Supporters should simply boycott.

I agree.

Had a long rant about this topic last year before the game at Carrow Rd. For the purposes of brevity, this is nonsense behaviour by the OB - stop indulging it.
If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:14 - Jan 8 with 1170 viewsallezlesbleus

What I don't quite understand is that those who aren't bothered about watching the match and just want to cause trouble, can still drive / take public transport to Cardiff and then kick off in the town centre or near the ground anyway.
If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:19 - Jan 8 with 1162 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:11 - Jan 8 by Funge

I agree.

Had a long rant about this topic last year before the game at Carrow Rd. For the purposes of brevity, this is nonsense behaviour by the OB - stop indulging it.

Unfortunately in this case, that would be the ideal outcome for the police I expect

Agree with the sentiment for a lot of other football-related matters though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:27 - Jan 8 with 1133 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:14 - Jan 8 by allezlesbleus

What I don't quite understand is that those who aren't bothered about watching the match and just want to cause trouble, can still drive / take public transport to Cardiff and then kick off in the town centre or near the ground anyway.

Quite.

It's all a bit odd down here on derby day. The bubble trips are a nightmare as so many fans live over Cardiff way or further east. There was a bit of trouble about 10 years or so ago though with fans facing off and chucking bricks at easch other, so I'm assuming that's why they do it. But yeah, if people want to cause trouble they'll find a way to do it. There wasn't any at teh return fixture earlier in the season though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 1130 viewsallezlesbleus

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:27 - Jan 8 by Swansea_Blue

Quite.

It's all a bit odd down here on derby day. The bubble trips are a nightmare as so many fans live over Cardiff way or further east. There was a bit of trouble about 10 years or so ago though with fans facing off and chucking bricks at easch other, so I'm assuming that's why they do it. But yeah, if people want to cause trouble they'll find a way to do it. There wasn't any at teh return fixture earlier in the season though.

Have you ever been to a Cardiff/Swansea match, SB? How does it compare to our derby?
If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:31 - Jan 8 with 1116 viewsSteve_M

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:29 - Jan 8 by allezlesbleus

Have you ever been to a Cardiff/Swansea match, SB? How does it compare to our derby?

He would go but he would have to get there via Ipswich.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 13:08 - Jan 8 with 1031 viewsSwansea_Blue

If you thought Norfork and Suffolk Police were over the top for derby games on 12:29 - Jan 8 by allezlesbleus

I went to the last one as it happens, as that was also shifted to a Sunday and didn't clash with anything else. It was good, very noisy, but only from the Swansea side, Cardiff were as quiet as mice which was a bit odd even though they were pretty rubbish on the pitch.

It was the day of a Wales Rugby World cup match and everyone had been in the pubs since 8 am, so that had quite a lot to do with the atmsophere.

It wasn't as nerve-wracking as going to one of ours (and ultimately less depressing , as I haven't been to one of ourse since the play off semi).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024