Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal V Leeds 21:03 - Jan 6 with 1228 viewslondontractorboy57

Watching this match magnifies how far ITFC have fallen behind other teams we are to slow
in all departments no creativity in midfield, it shows how much work needs to be done just to get back to Championship standard very sad.
Arsenal V Leeds on 21:05 - Jan 6 with 1218 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone can get up for a cup game. You should hear people talking about our masterclass against Exeter.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Arsenal V Leeds on 21:07 - Jan 6 with 1214 viewsDubtractor

Arsenal V Leeds on 21:05 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

Anyone can get up for a cup game. You should hear people talking about our masterclass against Exeter.

Our first half in the home game against Lincoln was up there with some of our great play off semi finals.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Arsenal V Leeds on 22:00 - Jan 6 with 1095 viewsunstableblue

I have to say that our true fall from grace was when we abandoned pass and move football completely under Mick and players began to play very cautiously and inside themselves. It bred fear.

And I remember the only sane thing Hurst stated when he arrived was just how undynamic and unfluid, rigid the team had become. Which Chambo confirmed at a later date.

Now before anyone goes mental that this is anti Mick, Mick was just reacting to the reducing quality of the squad and the increasing technical nature of the Championship.

Look at Leeds even to the end they tried to play football how it should played, as technically trained. You’re right it feels a million miles from Towns current state.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Arsenal V Leeds on 22:16 - Jan 6 with 1026 viewsstrikalite

Arsenal V Leeds on 22:00 - Jan 6 by unstableblue

I have to say that our true fall from grace was when we abandoned pass and move football completely under Mick and players began to play very cautiously and inside themselves. It bred fear.

And I remember the only sane thing Hurst stated when he arrived was just how undynamic and unfluid, rigid the team had become. Which Chambo confirmed at a later date.

Now before anyone goes mental that this is anti Mick, Mick was just reacting to the reducing quality of the squad and the increasing technical nature of the Championship.

Look at Leeds even to the end they tried to play football how it should played, as technically trained. You’re right it feels a million miles from Towns current state.

Ultimately Mick was a defender still at heart, his number one priority was to keep clean sheets, but for me he tipped the balance so much that yes players become rigid and scared of being caught out of position...it can hold even the best teams, often it did, but it was riskless football a lot of the time..
Arsenal V Leeds on 22:54 - Jan 6 with 961 viewsunstableblue

Arsenal V Leeds on 22:16 - Jan 6 by strikalite

Ultimately Mick was a defender still at heart, his number one priority was to keep clean sheets, but for me he tipped the balance so much that yes players become rigid and scared of being caught out of position...it can hold even the best teams, often it did, but it was riskless football a lot of the time..

When we had better attacking midfielders, a skilful winger and more quality up front, we played more expansively under Mick and put in some good performances. But I’m not sure it was ever built on a solid foundation of pass, move, flexible shape.

When Mick probably rightly reacted to an away drubbing at Reading when we’d tried to play more openly, we went very negative and possession and number of attacks really fell back.

We need the glimmers of promise from Paul to come to the fore and soon, or we’re really screwed. We seem to have lost the press. And the defensive lapses never seem far away.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Arsenal V Leeds on 00:08 - Jan 7 with 873 viewsFTP

Arsenal V Leeds on 22:00 - Jan 6 by unstableblue

Good post. It is literally depressing to watch Leeds tonight and even Norwich playing good entertaining football and see our efforts. We are miles off Championship standard and I'm not even sure we're even going to in the mix come May in our league.
Arsenal V Leeds on 06:58 - Jan 7 with 732 viewsbobbyramsey

And to think that once upon a time, and not too long ago, we were able to compete with Leeds and their like....

Wtf happened?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024