Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be better off being relegated!!!!! 20:23 - Jan 5 with 4424 viewslondontractorboy57

Can any one who was an advocate of this 2 years ago tell me how we are better off?
We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:30 - Jan 5 with 3860 viewsBrianTablet

Well, we've won more games than we would have...

And participated in the Steamboat Willy Trophy...

And errr, witnessed some class players plying their trade...

Hmmmmm....

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:38 - Jan 5 with 3838 viewsCoco

I don't think we are 'better off' being relegated but like Dean Ashton said the other day, something needed to happen at the club. We have been stagnating and that isn't healthy for anyone. The only hope was relegation would kick some folk up the bum.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:39 - Jan 5 with 3834 viewsmadmouse1959

We might have no choice in getting relegated again if Evans carries on master-minding poor decisions for this club .
Lambert has 5 years to build a squad, possibly bolstered by Non League players and League Two reserve players.

shampoo dave

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:47 - Jan 5 with 3808 viewsCoco

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:39 - Jan 5 by madmouse1959

We might have no choice in getting relegated again if Evans carries on master-minding poor decisions for this club .
Lambert has 5 years to build a squad, possibly bolstered by Non League players and League Two reserve players.

Starting with James Wilson who was readily accepted.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:50 - Jan 5 with 3800 viewsWD19

We are losing less money every year.

I can see why that might be seen as a good thing to at least one person.
We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 07:56 - Jan 6 with 3570 viewsOxford_Blue

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 21:50 - Jan 5 by WD19

We are losing less money every year.

I can see why that might be seen as a good thing to at least one person.

we lost 9m as a result of relegation
We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 08:02 - Jan 6 with 3550 viewsartsbossbeard

We won an FA Cup match.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 08:20 - Jan 6 with 3506 viewsr2d2

Exactly, bunch of idiots. Numbskulls as Big Mick said.
Login to get fewer ads

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 08:24 - Jan 6 with 3495 viewsartsbossbeard

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 08:20 - Jan 6 by r2d2

Exactly, bunch of idiots. Numbskulls as Big Mick said.

Quite.

The worst thing for me is that our fans forced Mick's hand in departing before the agreed end of his tenure where a potential no-hard-feelings style handover period would've certainly assisted matters - and maybe a word in PH's ear not to come in too "Billy Big Bollox".

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 11:00 - Jan 6 with 3390 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 08:24 - Jan 6 by artsbossbeard

Quite.

The worst thing for me is that our fans forced Mick's hand in departing before the agreed end of his tenure where a potential no-hard-feelings style handover period would've certainly assisted matters - and maybe a word in PH's ear not to come in too "Billy Big Bollox".

Hang on. Mick would have told PH not to come in all Billy Big Bollox? Mick? McCarthy?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 11:02 - Jan 6 with 3382 viewsartsbossbeard

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 11:00 - Jan 6 by Cheltenham_Blue

Hang on. Mick would have told PH not to come in all Billy Big Bollox? Mick? McCarthy?

Yep.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 16:57 - Jan 6 with 3217 viewsMullet

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 11:02 - Jan 6 by artsbossbeard

Yep.

He doesn't know anything about Mick McCarthy does he?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 17:38 - Jan 6 with 3152 viewsKeaneish

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 08:24 - Jan 6 by artsbossbeard

Quite.

"Listen, unless somebody decides otherwise, you've got me, boring old big nose f**king fart with shi*e football until May. Unless somebody decides different. It hurts me because it can affect the players, but it doesn't bother me. I have to be honest. I prefer it the other way. We changed the hit parade for six games, but it's back. I can tolerate it.

McCarthy also criticised fans who had been calling for Celina to be brought on earlier in the game, saying:

"I don't give a shi*e about that, by the way. He didn't go on because of that, let me just clear that up. In fact, there's more chance of him not going on when they start telling me what to do. And yes, I am a belligerent f*ck. Let's just clear that up."

Somebody must have decided otherwise, i guess...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] Ă‚ÂŁ2.65 Million and Waiting?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 17:51 - Jan 6 with 3105 viewsartsbossbeard

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 17:38 - Jan 6 by Keaneish

"Listen, unless somebody decides otherwise, you've got me, boring old big nose f**king fart with shi*e football until May. Unless somebody decides different. It hurts me because it can affect the players, but it doesn't bother me. I have to be honest. I prefer it the other way. We changed the hit parade for six games, but it's back. I can tolerate it.

McCarthy also criticised fans who had been calling for Celina to be brought on earlier in the game, saying:

"I don't give a shi*e about that, by the way. He didn't go on because of that, let me just clear that up. In fact, there's more chance of him not going on when they start telling me what to do. And yes, I am a belligerent f*ck. Let's just clear that up."

Somebody must have decided otherwise, i guess...

Not sure how this correlates to Mick being Billy Big Bollox.

Rightfully calling out Town fans for being helmets, maybe?

Turned it well, didn't it.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 18:35 - Jan 6 with 3052 viewsPJH

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 17:51 - Jan 6 by artsbossbeard

Not sure how this correlates to Mick being Billy Big Bollox.

Rightfully calling out Town fans for being helmets, maybe?

Turned it well, didn't it.

There still seems to be some that actually believe that it DID turn out well.
We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 19:06 - Jan 6 with 2997 viewsCoco

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 18:35 - Jan 6 by PJH

There still seems to be some that actually believe that it DID turn out well.

Getting rid of Mick wasn’t the problem.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 19:10 - Jan 6 with 2992 viewsMullet

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 19:06 - Jan 6 by Coco

Getting rid of Mick wasn’t the problem.

Just weird how everything has fallen apart since then, and those who were demanding more are settling for less and less with no sense of irony or shame innit.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:15 - Jan 6 with 2928 viewsCoco

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 19:10 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Just weird how everything has fallen apart since then, and those who were demanding more are settling for less and less with no sense of irony or shame innit.

The options weren’t Mick or a massive mess. Maybe he should have given Mick a long contract and a decent budget but you have to admit things had got pretty dire with nobody wanting to go to games and endure the football. A change was necessary that doesn’t mean the current plight was wanted or expected. Surely even the most arrogant and polarised supporter can have balance here?? It isn’t always black and white, mick in/mick out I TOLD YOU SO NUMBSKULL MORON! is it?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:16 - Jan 6 with 2926 viewsMullet

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:15 - Jan 6 by Coco

The options weren’t Mick or a massive mess. Maybe he should have given Mick a long contract and a decent budget but you have to admit things had got pretty dire with nobody wanting to go to games and endure the football. A change was necessary that doesn’t mean the current plight was wanted or expected. Surely even the most arrogant and polarised supporter can have balance here?? It isn’t always black and white, mick in/mick out I TOLD YOU SO NUMBSKULL MORON! is it?

It's just weird how it's happened though isn't it? Given what came before Mick, your first sentence doesn't sound very convincing.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:17 - Jan 6 with 2926 viewsPJH

Personally I loved frequently winning 1-0 at Derby.
We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:22 - Jan 6 with 2907 viewsCoco

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:16 - Jan 6 by Mullet

It's just weird how it's happened though isn't it? Given what came before Mick, your first sentence doesn't sound very convincing.

Well yes it has gone tits up since he left but that’s as much to do with the poor decisions made. Poor appointments a recruitment. I would guarantee if we had appointed Allardyce after Mick we would be stronger but would you have moaned about the style of play? I’m guessing yes.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:23 - Jan 6 with 2907 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Whilst you are right, given that we had about the 5th/6th smallest budget in the league and we’re therefore punching significantly above our weight, a drop in results following McCarthy’s departure was always more likely than not. And the risk was incredibly high that a poor appointment would see us end up being relegated - as sadly proved

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:24 - Jan 6 with 2905 viewsMullet

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:22 - Jan 6 by Coco

Well yes it has gone tits up since he left but that’s as much to do with the poor decisions made. Poor appointments a recruitment. I would guarantee if we had appointed Allardyce after Mick we would be stronger but would you have moaned about the style of play? I’m guessing yes.

I'd have moaned about appointing Allardyce because I'm an Ipswich fan. What has "style of play" got to do with anything? None of the bedsheets are moaning about it now with any conviction or credibility are they?

They should be storming the offices of Evans no?

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:28 - Jan 6 with 2890 viewsCoco

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:23 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Whilst you are right, given that we had about the 5th/6th smallest budget in the league and we’re therefore punching significantly above our weight, a drop in results following McCarthy’s departure was always more likely than not. And the risk was incredibly high that a poor appointment would see us end up being relegated - as sadly proved

Agree.

I just fed up with people taking some kind of weird moral high ground. All fabs that wanted a change from Mick were not all frothing, bedsheet waving idiots just as those who voted Brexit ate not all rabid ignorant racists. MOST fans fully appreciated Mick but felt things had gone stale and needed a change. The fact it gas all gone so awfully is down to our illustrious owner despite his good intentions.

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:29 - Jan 6 with 2886 viewsCoco

We would be better off being relegated!!!!! on 20:24 - Jan 6 by Mullet

I'd have moaned about appointing Allardyce because I'm an Ipswich fan. What has "style of play" got to do with anything? None of the bedsheets are moaning about it now with any conviction or credibility are they?

They should be storming the offices of Evans no?

“What has style of play got to do with anything”

Who are you kidding?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024