Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old "like a new signing" cliche 16:12 - Jan 5 with 1430 viewsBobbychase

Was never truer than with Bishop yesterday.

I was thinking today that if we'd have been watching a promising new youngster who had just signed a deal with ITFC we'd be salivating, he was that good. A major plus point on a day when a very strong side somehow contrived to lose a game they should have won comfortably.

We've endured enough bad injury luck in the past few years to deserve Bishop to stay fit for the rest of the season. I'm still livid about yesterday TBH but the thought of him developing an understanding with Norwood and Jackson is cheering me up.

I've lost patience with Nsiala. If there's a footballer in there then it's buried under layers of nerves and awful decision making. That said, the people giving him personal abuse on social media are the sort of bellends that have blighted our support for years.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 16:17 - Jan 5 with 1396 viewsArnieM

For any of the players to “ develop an understanding “, they need to play together in the same team regularly...,,,,and that is the single biggest threat to our promotion chances under PL, because he will not play the same team regularly.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Our players look like new signings..... on 16:25 - Jan 5 with 1375 viewsBloots

….every week.

Mainly because they've never played with the bloke standing next to them before.

Cheers.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 16:39 - Jan 5 with 1342 viewsBent_double

I can only go by the BBC Suffolk commentary yesterday, Brenner was getting very excited everytime Bish got the ball and started running at their defence - certainly in the first half anyway.

Maybe the only positive to come out of the game, lets just hope he stays fit - and is selected - for the next 20+ games.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 16:44 - Jan 5 with 1323 viewsRegencyBlue

Never any doubt about Bishops ability just his fitness. If he can stay fit, and it’s a big if given his record, he could be crucial for us.

As for Nsiala, he is bloody useless but we continue to play him which is what I don’t understand. Best for both parties to end our association as early as possible in my opinion.
The old "like a new signing" cliche on 19:25 - Jan 5 with 1124 viewsWickets

I dont disagree over Toto poor bloke has been a bundle of nerves but this abuse is less than helpfull . Also worth saying that most of us love Luke Chambers but over the last year he has made similar mistakes to Nsiala .In truth all our central defenders with the exception of Woofie have struggled of late none of the really want to play on the left do they ?
The old "like a new signing" cliche on 19:45 - Jan 5 with 1088 viewsStNeotsBlue

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 19:25 - Jan 5 by Wickets

I dont disagree over Toto poor bloke has been a bundle of nerves but this abuse is less than helpfull . Also worth saying that most of us love Luke Chambers but over the last year he has made similar mistakes to Nsiala .In truth all our central defenders with the exception of Woofie have struggled of late none of the really want to play on the left do they ?

With regards to your last point, get Tommy Smith in.
The old "like a new signing" cliche on 19:49 - Jan 5 with 1071 viewsWickets

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 19:45 - Jan 5 by StNeotsBlue

Well that would be great but very little chance i'm afraid .I am pretty sure Town have asked him the question but he told Phil he expects Colorado to make him an offer and that would be at least double what we could put on the table and then there is at least one championship club waiting in the wings so dont hold your breath .
The old "like a new signing" cliche on 23:19 - Jan 5 with 932 viewsTerry_Nutkins

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 19:45 - Jan 5 by StNeotsBlue

Of all the defenders we had when Tommy was here, nobody made me expect a mistake more than him consistently. I think people have built him into a rock solid defender he certainly wasnt. Proper blue though. Like the man but not sure he would be the answer. Wilson sort of calibre.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Login to get fewer ads

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 09:39 - Jan 6 with 708 viewsWickets

The old "like a new signing" cliche on 23:19 - Jan 5 by Terry_Nutkins

Of all the defenders we had when Tommy was here, nobody made me expect a mistake more than him consistently. I think people have built him into a rock solid defender he certainly wasnt. Proper blue though. Like the man but not sure he would be the answer. Wilson sort of calibre.

I think you are being a little harsh on him. Decent in the Championship but the main point is that he is a natural leftie gives us balance but not going to happen .Its a pity for me as i dont think we will get better while we are in league 1 .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024