Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? 21:50 - Jan 4 with 1114 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I wonder where this run sits. Given it’s in the third division it may well be close to our worst run of form ever. Given that other winless runs have been when we’ve been one of the worst teams in a division and now we are deemed one of the best - without being dramatic this run has got to be the most surprising and therefore arguably the worst.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:06 - Jan 4 with 1071 viewsHARRY10

Record consecutive games without a win - 23

from 28 August 1963 to 14 December 1963
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:10 - Jan 4 with 1064 viewsPJH

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:06 - Jan 4 by HARRY10

and I remember the win that ended the sequence beating West Ham at Portman Road 3-2 the Friday before Christmas.
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:15 - Jan 4 with 1049 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:06 - Jan 4 by HARRY10

A year after we’d won the league title.

Okay. That was worse! Lol.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:18 - Jan 4 with 1037 viewsPJH

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:15 - Jan 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The season in between was not all that special either (although we beat Floriana 10-0 and beat AC Milan at Portman Road in The European Cup)we only finished 4 points clear of relegation.
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:22 - Jan 4 with 1018 viewsDinnernotTea

The one in the 60s doesn't compare to now as it was vs the elite in England.

This current shower is against pub players in the third tier. How many winless now is it?

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 972 viewsagentp

The Longest I believe was 2019/20 when we went months and months before finally beating Colchester In August 2020 [Was the second game of our first season in L2 I believe].

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:54 - Jan 4 with 913 viewsHARRY10

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:34 - Jan 4 by agentp

The Longest I believe was 2019/20 when we went months and months before finally beating Colchester In August 2020 [Was the second game of our first season in L2 I believe].

we went a few months without a win

May 2019 - Aug 2019

..................... mind you we didn't lose either, so not all bad
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 23:01 - Jan 4 with 897 viewsagentp

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:54 - Jan 4 by HARRY10

we went a few months without a win

May 2019 - Aug 2019

..................... mind you we didn't lose either, so not all bad

My apologies. I didn't want to give away too much and reveal that I am actually a time traveller and commenting from 2030, [Damn, I let it slip it again]. That was a very bad run.

Oh well, just as well tell you now. The five-point plan does finally come good when 38-year old Cole Skuse scores the goal that sees Ipswich win promotion back to the Football league. His first goal in 8-years I believe.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 23:16]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 10:47 - Jan 5 with 713 viewsandytown

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 23:01 - Jan 4 by agentp

My apologies. I didn't want to give away too much and reveal that I am actually a time traveller and commenting from 2030, [Damn, I let it slip it again]. That was a very bad run.

Oh well, just as well tell you now. The five-point plan does finally come good when 38-year old Cole Skuse scores the goal that sees Ipswich win promotion back to the Football league. His first goal in 8-years I believe.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2020 23:16]

Not the longest but on a hopefully more positive note, October 1991 we drew 5 and then lost the next 3 league games. No idea re cup games at that time, but that season we won the old Div 2
At the moment we are winless in 8 league games as well, with 5 draws and 3 losses...
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 11:26 - Jan 5 with 673 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 10:47 - Jan 5 by andytown

Not the longest but on a hopefully more positive note, October 1991 we drew 5 and then lost the next 3 league games. No idea re cup games at that time, but that season we won the old Div 2
At the moment we are winless in 8 league games as well, with 5 draws and 3 losses...

Didn’t we then win 9 out of 10 league games beginning on Boxing Day.

The start of our over due run has been delayed this season. It will start the game we field an unchanged eleven.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 11:31 - Jan 5 with 671 viewsHARRY10

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 10:47 - Jan 5 by andytown

We lost to Derby in the League Cup (Rumbelows) 8th 0ct

lost to Chelsea Zenith Data Cup 26th Nov (pens)

1st Jan we beat Port Vale - 41 points.............26 games
Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 11:45 - Jan 5 with 648 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:22 - Jan 4 by DinnernotTea

The one in the 60s doesn't compare to now as it was vs the elite in England.

This current shower is against pub players in the third tier. How many winless now is it?

12 without a win in all competitions, going back to the 1-0 cup win over Lincoln.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 11:49 - Jan 5 with 643 viewsbournemouthblue

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 22:15 - Jan 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

When did Alf Ramsay move to England out of interest?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 12:14 - Jan 5 with 610 viewsPJH

Anyone have a list of our longest winless runs? on 11:49 - Jan 5 by bournemouthblue

When did Alf Ramsay move to England out of interest?

He was appointed in October 1962 but did not take up his duties with England until end of April 1963.
Jackie Milburn was appointed as his successor at PR in late January 1963 but as I remember it the two of them worked together (or didn't as the case may be) for back end of 1962/63.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024