Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Kane has torn a hamstring 17:06 - Jan 3 with 1111 viewsGeoffSentence

The headlines say he will be out for eight weeks.

That seems pretty short to me, when Teddy did his hamstring in in August 2015 he missed 44 games and was out for 240 days.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 17:09 - Jan 3 with 1086 viewsgainsboroughblue

Different people heal at different rates. I tore my calf in September and it's still giving me jip now.

Mind you I am twice the age of Harry Kane.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 17:11]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:10 - Jan 3 with 1083 viewsCoco

Harry is made of far sterner stuff than our Teddy.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:11 - Jan 3 with 1071 viewsGeoffSentence

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:10 - Jan 3 by Coco

Harry is made of far sterner stuff than our Teddy.

Teddy does seem brittle.

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 1013 viewsRadlett_blue

There are 3 grades of hamstring injury. I guess Kane has a Grade 2, which is a partial muscle tear. This should keep him out for at least a few weeks, depending on the severity, but given that he will have had top grade medical attention, 8 weeks sounds like a long time so it must be quite severe.
A Grade 3 involves a complete muscle tear or tear of an attachment and this can take months to recover & can be career-ending.
I gave up squash a few years ago after a never ending succession of hamstring injuries as I got fed up with the long recovery times and then the likelihood of injuring it again if I started playing too soon.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:30 - Jan 3 with 985 viewsGeoffSentence

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:27 - Jan 3 by Radlett_blue

There are 3 grades of hamstring injury. I guess Kane has a Grade 2, which is a partial muscle tear. This should keep him out for at least a few weeks, depending on the severity, but given that he will have had top grade medical attention, 8 weeks sounds like a long time so it must be quite severe.
A Grade 3 involves a complete muscle tear or tear of an attachment and this can take months to recover & can be career-ending.
I gave up squash a few years ago after a never ending succession of hamstring injuries as I got fed up with the long recovery times and then the likelihood of injuring it again if I started playing too soon.

This is why I love TWTD. Properly knowledgeable people just pop up.

Thank you for the insight.

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:37 - Jan 3 with 957 viewsPendejo

If he recovers well then he'll be nice and fresh for Euros

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 23:49 - Jan 3 with 681 viewsRyorry

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring on 17:27 - Jan 3 by Radlett_blue

That's useful info thanks, as I did a hamstring kicking a ball too enthusiastically about 3 months back despite having warmed up properly; & then kept re-jiggering it every time I started playing again after a 2-3 week recovery break. It was fine over Christmas/NY when there were no games, but then I did it again yesterday shutting a door in the house from too far away - my shoe just sort of stuck on the flagstone floor - grrrr!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 00:03 - Jan 4 with 655 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 17:09 - Jan 3 by gainsboroughblue

Different people heal at different rates. I tore my calf in September and it's still giving me jip now.

Mind you I am twice the age of Harry Kane.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2020 17:11]

2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks since I tore my calf and it’s still not right. Good luck!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 00:13 - Jan 4 with 644 viewsRyorry

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 00:03 - Jan 4 by Swansea_Blue

2 years, 1 month, 2 weeks since I tore my calf and it’s still not right. Good luck!

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

Have you ever thought about moving to Sheffield ...? 🤔

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 00:15 - Jan 4 with 640 viewsSwansea_Blue

Harry Kane has torn a hamstring (n/t) on 00:13 - Jan 4 by Ryorry

Oh dear, sorry to hear that.

Have you ever thought about moving to Sheffield ...? 🤔

Lol. Good plan, I’ve heard it works wonders for persistent injuries!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024