Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I like that set up 17:17 - Jan 1 with 3044 viewsyorkshire

Thought PL got the formation right today - I would have KVY in place of Edwards when fit - Huws, Dozzell, Downes, Bishop (hopefully) and Skuse all interchangeable and same up top with Norwood, Jackson, Keane and Sears

Good battling point today
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 18:14]
I like that set up on 11:58 - Jan 2 with 524 viewsBigManBlue

It suits everyone well but the centre halves. As others have said, that would probably be solved by signing someone with a left foot and the ability to pass a ball with a modicum of accuracy. Probably worth persisting with at this point overall.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

I like that set up on 12:06 - Jan 2 with 515 viewsBluefish

I like that set up on 11:45 - Jan 2 by lmfcblue

Yes I understand tweaking systems but to say 3.5.2 and a diamond midfield are virtually the same is wrong.
A back 3/5 and a back 4 are completely different for starters

They really aren't. The centre halves move slightly closer together and the full backs may drop a couple of yards but on the pitch it is virtually the same.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I like that set up on 12:30 - Jan 2 with 503 viewsKeaneish

I like that set up on 12:06 - Jan 2 by Bluefish

They really aren't. The centre halves move slightly closer together and the full backs may drop a couple of yards but on the pitch it is virtually the same.

They're completely different.

In a 352 the wing backs give you lots of width which provides lots more space in the middle for the central three to operate and give the opposition issues with either marking space or their man depending on their setup.

A diamond has a narrower midfield and allows full backs plenty of space to move into and defend from but their starting positions and the structure it provides to the team are completely different let alone how it makes the opposition setup / play.

These differences effect the whole team and how it plays as the pockets of space to move into or find passes in are different.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] Ă‚ÂŁ2.65 Million and Waiting?

I like that set up on 13:16 - Jan 2 with 485 viewsBluefish

I like that set up on 12:30 - Jan 2 by Keaneish

They're completely different.

In a 352 the wing backs give you lots of width which provides lots more space in the middle for the central three to operate and give the opposition issues with either marking space or their man depending on their setup.

A diamond has a narrower midfield and allows full backs plenty of space to move into and defend from but their starting positions and the structure it provides to the team are completely different let alone how it makes the opposition setup / play.

These differences effect the whole team and how it plays as the pockets of space to move into or find passes in are different.

They aren't.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I like that set up on 15:44 - Jan 2 with 462 viewsghostofescobar

I thought it looked a balanced team. Some of the negativity on this board is beyond belief, but I guess that's the world we live in now. We kept the ball well at times, Huws (despite what others on here seem to have seen) played quite well in what was a packed midfield,but obviously needs games. We used the flanks well when we could, but need KVY back. Chambers looked short of pace. Jackson worked hard and caused problems. We had a few good chances and should have won it. I've posted this point on here a few times now, but people have to remember the shambles the team was last season. Very difficult for teams to go from being absolute sh1te to title winners in one season (plenty of others have come down and struggled). I fully expected us to finish just outside the play offs this season and then kick on in season 2.

GhostOfEscobar

I like that set up on 16:04 - Jan 2 with 455 viewsHerbivore

I like that set up on 15:44 - Jan 2 by ghostofescobar

I thought it looked a balanced team. Some of the negativity on this board is beyond belief, but I guess that's the world we live in now. We kept the ball well at times, Huws (despite what others on here seem to have seen) played quite well in what was a packed midfield,but obviously needs games. We used the flanks well when we could, but need KVY back. Chambers looked short of pace. Jackson worked hard and caused problems. We had a few good chances and should have won it. I've posted this point on here a few times now, but people have to remember the shambles the team was last season. Very difficult for teams to go from being absolute sh1te to title winners in one season (plenty of others have come down and struggled). I fully expected us to finish just outside the play offs this season and then kick on in season 2.

5 of the previous 6 teams relegated from the Championship to League 1 made the play offs or better the following season. 4 of the 6 sides went straight back up. You're massively overstating how hard it is for sides to do well in League 1 following relegation, and given the relative stability we had over the summer in terms of squad and management we should be perfectly well equipped to go straight back up.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 16:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I like that set up on 16:19 - Jan 2 with 437 viewsOldTimer2

It is tgack. Given a fit KVY then it would give us some decent width. Think it does rely on the 2 CM's picking the ball off the defenders, Woolfy will come with the ball but the other CB's cannot really do that. Would be inclined to play Dozzell with Downes in that formation as think it gives him the best scope for his game.

Bobby Robson - thank you

I like that set up on 20:01 - Jan 2 with 411 viewsghostofescobar

I like that set up on 16:04 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

5 of the previous 6 teams relegated from the Championship to League 1 made the play offs or better the following season. 4 of the 6 sides went straight back up. You're massively overstating how hard it is for sides to do well in League 1 following relegation, and given the relative stability we had over the summer in terms of squad and management we should be perfectly well equipped to go straight back up.

But did all those teams "benefit" from stability, or did they have cash to spend on new players? As usual, we've have no cash to spend. And how many of those 5 teams finished rock bottom by a comfortable margin?

GhostOfEscobar

Login to get fewer ads

I like that set up on 20:08 - Jan 2 with 408 viewsLeoMuff

I like that set up on 16:04 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

We weren’t just relegated though were we, we were toast by November !

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I like that set up on 20:12 - Jan 2 with 405 viewsghostofescobar

I like that set up on 20:08 - Jan 2 by LeoMuff

Spot on!

GhostOfEscobar

I like that set up on 20:52 - Jan 2 with 392 viewsHerbivore

I like that set up on 20:01 - Jan 2 by ghostofescobar

But did all those teams "benefit" from stability, or did they have cash to spend on new players? As usual, we've have no cash to spend. And how many of those 5 teams finished rock bottom by a comfortable margin?

We didn't sell anyone and we spent money on Vincent-Young. We also spent big on wages on loanees and frees like Garbutt, Keane and Norwood, comfortably outbidding other League 1 sides in doing so. Other sides coming down have lost players and had to rebuild with no money. Only Sunderland really spent anything.

Two of the other teams finished rock bottom by a comfortable margin. Rotherham were worse than us and came straight back up. The only side that didn't make at least the play offs was Burton, who gave staying up a damn good go.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 20:59]

I like that set up on 20:54 - Jan 2 with 390 viewsHerbivore

I like that set up on 20:08 - Jan 2 by LeoMuff

I'd argue that's not the case, and certainly no more so than some of those that went before us. And on the flip side we had plenty of time to prepare for this season. Talking us down is ridiculous, we are more than good enough to go straight back up and to not do so would be a failure.

I like that set up on 22:25 - Jan 2 with 365 viewsLeoMuff

I like that set up on 20:54 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

I'd argue that's not the case, and certainly no more so than some of those that went before us. And on the flip side we had plenty of time to prepare for this season. Talking us down is ridiculous, we are more than good enough to go straight back up and to not do so would be a failure.

Oh I agree, this squad is head and shoulders above the rest, and it would be criminal not to be promoted.

However, we were abject last season coming off the previous seasons unrest, the sort of predicament that causes clubs to drop fast if their not careful. A lot of credit to Lambert for the start we made but since then...

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I like that set up on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 363 viewsHerbivore

I like that set up on 22:25 - Jan 2 by LeoMuff

Oh I agree, this squad is head and shoulders above the rest, and it would be criminal not to be promoted.

However, we were abject last season coming off the previous seasons unrest, the sort of predicament that causes clubs to drop fast if their not careful. A lot of credit to Lambert for the start we made but since then...

We finished between Norwich and Sheffield United the previous season, we weren't exactly a crisis club in Spring 2018. In recent years the vast majority of relegated Championship sides have competed for and won promotion, we are arguably better placed than most of those sides having not lost our best players and having added some quality to the squad. No excuses, we should be finishing top 2 this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024