Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was ok to be fair 16:55 - Jan 1 with 634 viewsTrequartista

Wasn't brilliant but we were the better side until Akinfenwa came on and if Judge could finish would have won. Can't believe Wycombe are top. It is our failure to win home games that is the downfall.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

That was ok to be fair on 16:57 - Jan 1 with 605 viewsDublinBlue84

To be honest, whilst Akinfenwa is extremely limited, what he does, he does very well and almost wins everything in the air. Their goal doesn't happen if he's not on the pitch.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

That was ok to be fair on 16:59 - Jan 1 with 568 viewsRegencyBlue

Judge was much better today.
That was ok to be fair on 17:02 - Jan 1 with 552 viewshatch

Agreed. A much improved performance and will take the point as both sides had chances. Frustrating to concede again with Norris being lobbed, other than that he was fine but Holy must be close to recall.

If we put in another performance like that against Accrington we’ve got a decent chance of 3 points.

Well done Paul and the boys.
That was ok to be fair on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 532 viewsTractorWood

That was ok to be fair on 17:02 - Jan 1 by hatch

Agreed. A much improved performance and will take the point as both sides had chances. Frustrating to concede again with Norris being lobbed, other than that he was fine but Holy must be close to recall.

If we put in another performance like that against Accrington we’ve got a decent chance of 3 points.

Well done Paul and the boys.

I will never take a point against Wycombe Wanderers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

That was ok to be fair on 17:04 - Jan 1 with 507 viewsTrequartista

That was ok to be fair on 16:59 - Jan 1 by RegencyBlue

Judge was much better today.

To be fair, it was a nice piece of skill to create his first chance in the first place but he had to tuck that in the far corner

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

That was ok to be fair on 17:13 - Jan 1 with 468 viewsChrisd

Agree. Thought Gareth Ainsworth was spot on with his analysis post match, Akinfenwa changed the game, we just couldn't handle him physically. It was a poor goal from us to concede and questions will need to be asked of Norris' position now, but I thought we competed well and were the better side for the first 65 minutes. Judge looked better and Garbutt and Edwards with their delivery at times was really encouraging. Thought Jackson worked his socks off, which largely goes unnoticed. If you had offered me the point before the game, I would have taken it. It is what it is, we're in L1 for a reason and we have to start accepting we aren't miles better than every other side in this league, but a point gained to today.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

That was ok to be fair on 17:44 - Jan 1 with 385 views3_5_2

I thought we competed and worked hard, which hasn't always been the case in some games

I liked the line up, although Edwards delivery from the right is a weakness, Garbutt is so much better and we need it both sides (KVY)

Holy in goal and get a settled side, with Sears and Bish coming back we have a strong bench

Play well, keep the shirt for the next game please PL!

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

That was ok to be fair on 17:47 - Jan 1 with 362 viewsHerbivore

That was ok to be fair on 17:04 - Jan 1 by Trequartista

To be fair, it was a nice piece of skill to create his first chance in the first place but he had to tuck that in the far corner

His finishing lacked conviction. He had two good chances, excluding the header which he did about as well with as he could. His touch generally wasn't good enough though and he doesn't offer enough to justify basically having a free role and no defensive duties.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024