Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans 13:54 - Jan 1 with 984 viewsJimmy86

I have to say, bar his rotation policy, which has been done to death already, I am a Lambert fan.... he has done wonders to repair the damage done to the club over the last decade, by various different managers. The big name Keane era, the ineptitude of Jewell, the pragmatic McCarthy reign and Hurst gamble that didnt pay off...

under McCarthy and Hurst the club was on its knees and Ultimately we were relegated, but this had been coming for a considerable period of time. As a result of this decline over the last 10 years or so us, as a fan base have become extremely fickle. Only a few weeks back Lambert was the best thing since sliced bread... now after a poor run of form he's terrible etc.

As a fan base we need to look at ourselves a bit more I believe. If the crowd is on edge and groans at every misplaced pass and boo at HT and FT it is counter productive and wont help the players on the pitch, who dont go out to be crap on purpose!

We have often criticized the short term thinking of Evans and the club, he has now set in place a genuine long term plan. Let's all get behind this and be part of something special! COYB
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 13:56]
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 13:59 - Jan 1 with 946 viewsTractorWood

Yeah, the loyal fans who've seen 10 years of decline and sell out every away end are definitely the problem.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 14:01]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:02 - Jan 1 with 893 viewsJimmy86

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 13:59 - Jan 1 by TractorWood

Yeah, the loyal fans who've seen 10 years of decline and sell out every away end are definitely the problem.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 14:01]

At what point did I say loyal fans over the last decade were the problem?! I said we need to support the team more and stop being so fickle!! Makes us look bloody stupid... start of the season when things were going well Lambert was the messiah, now he's crap and a poor manager, coz we're going through a blip... wheres the middle ground?
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:02 - Jan 1 with 894 viewsBobbychase

I agree with the stuff about atmosphere transmitting itself to the players. Sure we turn out in big numbers but on Boxing Day I was really taken aback how quickly the crowd turned. People were booing when it was 0-0 in the first half. It has never helped and still doesn't.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 874 viewsJimmy86

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:02 - Jan 1 by Bobbychase

I agree with the stuff about atmosphere transmitting itself to the players. Sure we turn out in big numbers but on Boxing Day I was really taken aback how quickly the crowd turned. People were booing when it was 0-0 in the first half. It has never helped and still doesn't.

I no longer have a season ticket, for financial reasons, but have been to Wimbledon, Bristol and Gillingham at home on boxing day and certainly in the latter 2 the edgy atmosphere doesn't help the players on the pitch. We need to be pulling in the same direction
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:07 - Jan 1 with 850 viewsTractorWood

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:02 - Jan 1 by Jimmy86

At what point did I say loyal fans over the last decade were the problem?! I said we need to support the team more and stop being so fickle!! Makes us look bloody stupid... start of the season when things were going well Lambert was the messiah, now he's crap and a poor manager, coz we're going through a blip... wheres the middle ground?

The bit where you say the fan base needs to look at itself and stop being fickle.

If you look through the depths of this forum. You'll find very few posts that are singing Lambert's praises earlier in the season.

Our fan base are a collection of people like everywhere else in the country. They react to what's going on based on the extreme short term. That's football.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 14:09]

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:13 - Jan 1 with 814 viewsJimmy86

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:07 - Jan 1 by TractorWood

The bit where you say the fan base needs to look at itself and stop being fickle.

If you look through the depths of this forum. You'll find very few posts that are singing Lambert's praises earlier in the season.

Our fan base are a collection of people like everywhere else in the country. They react to what's going on based on the extreme short term. That's football.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 14:09]

You're right, football as a whole can be fickle in its nature, but we seem to turn very quickly and it surely cant help matters on the pitch
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:15 - Jan 1 with 799 viewsTractorWood

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:13 - Jan 1 by Jimmy86

You're right, football as a whole can be fickle in its nature, but we seem to turn very quickly and it surely cant help matters on the pitch

I was in the away end in Nice when England went out to Iceland. I've seen middle aged men on the verge of a fit of rage at footballers.

We have one of the most accommodating, docile and accepting fan bases in England. We are getting higher crowds in league one than the championship!

Of course it doesn't help but footballers are paid unfathomable amounts of money to cope with pressures of the short termism of football. The opportunity to be loved and adored for playing the sport the world is infatuated with is very unique.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 14:18]

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:19 - Jan 1 with 778 viewsHerbivore

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:02 - Jan 1 by Jimmy86

Lambert has never been the messiah. I'm not sure either that relegation last season was 'inevitable' off the back of ending the previous season sat between Norwich and Sheffield United in the league table. That's some serious revisionism going on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:29 - Jan 1 with 750 viewsbluebudgie

Indeed, Chairman John Cobbold reacted to pressure from fans for Bobby Robson's head after a very poor run of form culminating in a defeat against Man Utd when the crowd were singing "Robson out " by awarding Robson with a ten-year contract and giving him funds to purchase Allan Hunter, things started to look up for both Bobby Robson and Ipswich Town from that moment,,,, we can only hope and pray that history is about to repeat itself.
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:44 - Jan 1 with 703 viewsBlueBadger

What damage has Lambert 'repaired'?

It's certainly not the 'bad at football' damage.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:45 - Jan 1 with 692 viewsHerbivore

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:44 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

The turnstiles are looking better and we've got blue nets now.

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:46 - Jan 1 with 678 viewsTractorWood

Nothing. He's told people what they want to hear and got the pints in a couple of times.

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:50 - Jan 1 with 657 viewsBlueBadger

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:29 - Jan 1 by bluebudgie

Indeed, Chairman John Cobbold reacted to pressure from fans for Bobby Robson's head after a very poor run of form culminating in a defeat against Man Utd when the crowd were singing "Robson out " by awarding Robson with a ten-year contract and giving him funds to purchase Allan Hunter, things started to look up for both Bobby Robson and Ipswich Town from that moment,,,, we can only hope and pray that history is about to repeat itself.

Don't worry, it won't.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:54 - Jan 1 with 627 viewsJimmy86

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:19 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

Lambert has never been the messiah. I'm not sure either that relegation last season was 'inevitable' off the back of ending the previous season sat between Norwich and Sheffield United in the league table. That's some serious revisionism going on.

Were we not adrift in the bottom 3 when Lambert was appointed? Look at the mess he inherited from Hurst...
That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:55 - Jan 1 with 623 viewsHerbivore

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:54 - Jan 1 by Jimmy86

Were we not adrift in the bottom 3 when Lambert was appointed? Look at the mess he inherited from Hurst...

That's rather a change of tack from your OP where you claimed relegation had been inevitable for quite some time.

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:56 - Jan 1 with 618 viewspointofblue

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:54 - Jan 1 by Jimmy86

We were five points adrift from safety when Lambert took over - exactly the same points difference Mick had to deal with when he came in.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

That is a serious vote of confidence from Evans on 14:59 - Jan 1 with 596 viewsJimmy86

The style of play did improve under Lambert... I know you were a McCarthy fan boy, which is fine. The club was on its knees because of the damage and division caused by Mick, like it or not... yea we were mid table in the championship, but the football was absolutely dreadful... his pragmatic approach was killing the club!

What's he done to repair the damage? He's reconnected a disillusioned fan base, he's put plans in place to improve relations with the community, that was lacking. It not just getting the beers in, as you say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024