Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. 13:41 - Jan 1 with 821 viewsjasondozzell

Didn't Cobbold do something similar with Robson when he was under pressure?
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:43 - Jan 1 with 809 viewsgazzer1999

Exactly, back to basics of what made this club special.
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:45 - Jan 1 with 785 viewsjas0999

Evans also needs to back him in the transfer market.
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 750 viewstrulyblue

In 6, 12 or 18 months time if everything is sh1t and Evans wants to sack him he will anyway, it'll just cost him more money, however by giving him a new deal now it stops the rumours, gives Lambert confidence and settles the squad...... Nothing to lose.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:49 - Jan 1 with 744 viewsRegencyBlue

I believe so.

I don’t have a problem with it personally but I hope part of this is that Lambert has gained some assurances from Evans regards investment in the squad.
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:50 - Jan 1 with 731 viewspointofblue

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:48 - Jan 1 by trulyblue

In 6, 12 or 18 months time if everything is sh1t and Evans wants to sack him he will anyway, it'll just cost him more money, however by giving him a new deal now it stops the rumours, gives Lambert confidence and settles the squad...... Nothing to lose.

Means more money in Lambert’s pocket and less for transfers and contracts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:53 - Jan 1 with 702 viewsHerbivore

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:49 - Jan 1 by RegencyBlue

I believe so.

I don’t have a problem with it personally but I hope part of this is that Lambert has gained some assurances from Evans regards investment in the squad.

The squad doesn't need significant investment, it needs competent management.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:55 - Jan 1 with 677 viewsTractorWood

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:45 - Jan 1 by jas0999

Evans also needs to back him in the transfer market.

I think we have the best squad in the league. Fair enough if we were 10 points clear and building for a certain season in the championship next year.

This is the one point in the last 10 years we don't need investment!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:55 - Jan 1 with 665 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:53 - Jan 1 by Herbivore

The squad doesn't need significant investment, it needs competent management.

And the moving on of a couple of players. Squad is way too big IMO

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:56 - Jan 1 with 657 viewstrulyblue

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:50 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

Means more money in Lambert’s pocket and less for transfers and contracts.

I think you'll find it'll make very little difference, he gets a payoff whether he leaves tomorrow or in 3 years time. How many managers leave a club at the end of their contract?

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 14:23 - Jan 1 with 553 viewsbluebudgie

Indeed, Chairman John Cobbold reacted to pressure from fans for Bobby Robson's head after a very poor run of form culminating in a defeat against Man Utd when the crowd were singing "Robson out " by awarding Robson with a ten-year contract and giving him funds to purchase Allan Hunter, things started to look up for both Bobby Robson and Ipswich Town from that moment,,,, we can only hope and pray that history is about to repeat itself.
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 14:27 - Jan 1 with 520 viewspointofblue

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 13:56 - Jan 1 by trulyblue

I think you'll find it'll make very little difference, he gets a payoff whether he leaves tomorrow or in 3 years time. How many managers leave a club at the end of their contract?

If we’d sacked him before signing the extension we’d have to pay him 18 months contract. Now he has an additional four years to pay off if we decide to give him the axe at any point.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 14:28 - Jan 1 with 504 viewsWD19

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 14:23 - Jan 1 by bluebudgie

Indeed, Chairman John Cobbold reacted to pressure from fans for Bobby Robson's head after a very poor run of form culminating in a defeat against Man Utd when the crowd were singing "Robson out " by awarding Robson with a ten-year contract and giving him funds to purchase Allan Hunter, things started to look up for both Bobby Robson and Ipswich Town from that moment,,,, we can only hope and pray that history is about to repeat itself.

Do you think we will get more than 30 games a season out of Hunter now!?
Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 14:37 - Jan 1 with 482 viewstrulyblue

Get behind Lambert now. Long term project. on 14:27 - Jan 1 by pointofblue

If we’d sacked him before signing the extension we’d have to pay him 18 months contract. Now he has an additional four years to pay off if we decide to give him the axe at any point.

But he's not going to sack him anytime soon is he? He's just given him a new contract!
It's Evans' long term project, get over it.... You were calling him the best thing since sliced bread a few weeks ago.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024