Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? 09:35 - Jan 1 with 992 viewsWallingford_Boy

I'm sure everyone is well up for a few beers.... bleugh!

RIP Sir Bobby

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 10:04 - Jan 1 with 952 viewsWallingford_Boy

Strippy it is then..

RIP Sir Bobby

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 10:12 - Jan 1 with 940 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Around the ground there’s barely any mate. Your best bet would be to drink in the town centre instead.

There’s a few near the train station but I don’t know if they would let away fans in or not. There’s a half-decent Yates which is decent. One decent one right next to the station and relatively cheap is The Bootlegger.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 10:19 - Jan 1 with 919 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Once upon a time the answer would have been here....
https://www.closedpubs.co.uk/buckinghamshire/highwycombe_redcrossknight.html
......just a few decades too late, sorry!! The slam of dominoes and some lovely 'erb.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 10:20 - Jan 1 with 910 viewspennblue

There is a pub opposite the station, then as you walk towards the ground from the station there is a
Pub opposite the Eden centre, the Chiltern taps. Then as you head down to west Wycombe there
Is the strip pub.

But I saw Wycombe play 4 weeks ago (I live 2 miles away) and they had a beer tent right outside the ground, they also have a supporters club built into the stadium which is really friendly I am sure you would be allowed in there too (certainly if you take colours off). They are a family club a bit like walsall (under 13’s are free to get in for instance) so I am sure you can get a beer from the beer tent outside at the very least.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2020 10:24]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:04 - Jan 1 with 826 viewsITFC_Forever

From the grounds guide:

At the stadium itself, there is the Scores Bar and Vere Suite which welcome away fans. There is no entry charge for supporters to enter. Martin Redfern a visiting Scunthorpe United informs me; 'We arrived early at the ground and were able to go into the Supporters Club located at the far end of the Main Stand. It was a spacious room with two bars and food. The atmosphere was extremely relaxed and friendly with both home and away fans'. Located just outside the away fans entrance is a heated marquee which is for visiting supporters only. Inside there is a bar selling alcoholic drinks, whilst nearby is a mobile catering unit which sells hot food, including pies.

As the ground is on the edge of an industrial estate, there aren't many other drinking establishments around. Neil Young informs me 'The nearest pub to Adams Park, is the Hourglass in Sands (about a 15 minute walk, from the end of the road up to the ground). Away fans are normally okay in small groups except for big games or local derbies'. James Goddard adds; 'The Hourglass is a great pub, where home and away fans mix with no problems. The landlady on our visit was on her own and couldn't do food but sent us to the chippie and let us eat them in her bar - even gave us forks; as she said, it kept us drinking ale in her pub!'

Nigel Cockram a visiting Bristol Rovers fan adds; 'There is a great pub, (but only for the lads) called the White Horse, at 95 West Wycombe Road, which is the A40, about 1 & 1/2 miles from the ground. It opens at 12.00 on Saturdays, has one real ale, BUT has gorgeous strippers from 12.30. Entry is free, but each girl does a collection after each act. I thoroughly recommend this pub. Directions - if in a car, find the Hourglass pub, near the ground which is in Chapel Lane, follow Chapel Lane going away from the ground, until it's end, turn right into West Wycombe Road (A40), the White Horse is about 100 yards on the right hand side. If walking from the Station, you have to pass the White Horse on the way to the ground'.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:13 - Jan 1 with 803 viewsBluebell

Wally...you live just across the M40 from Wycombe. Don't you know the area?

Short journey for us too!
So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:18 - Jan 1 with 795 viewsWallingford_Boy

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:13 - Jan 1 by Bluebell

Wally...you live just across the M40 from Wycombe. Don't you know the area?

Short journey for us too!

I know the beautiful area I live in, just over the M40 as you say, but don't know High Wycombe!

Pop in the Wetherspoons at lunch and I'll buy you an OJ, xx.

RIP Sir Bobby

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:24 - Jan 1 with 787 viewsBluebell

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:18 - Jan 1 by Wallingford_Boy

I know the beautiful area I live in, just over the M40 as you say, but don't know High Wycombe!

Pop in the Wetherspoons at lunch and I'll buy you an OJ, xx.

I know Wycombe well as my father was born there and supported Wanderers. Not leaving here until 1ish so won't be anywhere near a Weatherspoons.

Parking is going to our main problem.
Login to get fewer ads

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:29 - Jan 1 with 781 viewsWallingford_Boy

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:24 - Jan 1 by Bluebell

I know Wycombe well as my father was born there and supported Wanderers. Not leaving here until 1ish so won't be anywhere near a Weatherspoons.

12 min train journey for me, sod driving!

RIP Sir Bobby

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:36 - Jan 1 with 769 viewsBluebell

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:29 - Jan 1 by Wallingford_Boy

12 min train journey for me, sod driving!

You will have a long walk to the ground then!
So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 12:14 - Jan 1 with 725 viewsTs3ts3

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 11:24 - Jan 1 by Bluebell

The Hourglass is 10 /15 min walk from the ground and theres 30/40 town fans here already
So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 12:19 - Jan 1 with 710 viewsbraintreeblue2019

So other than a strippy.... anyone know of a decent pub nearby today? on 12:14 - Jan 1 by Ts3ts3

The Hourglass is 10 /15 min walk from the ground and theres 30/40 town fans here already

I also recommend this place. Nice little boozer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024