Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season 16:54 - Dec 29 with 2536 viewsLankHenners

He’ll sort us out and get us up and we can spend the time properly sounding out his replacement for next season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:01 - Dec 29 with 2036 viewsGirthyguy

I would pick him up and take him straight to Ipswich now but it won't happen Evan will probably get Keane again.
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:06 - Dec 29 with 1975 viewshector_clifford

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:01 - Dec 29 by Girthyguy

I would pick him up and take him straight to Ipswich now but it won't happen Evan will probably get Keane again.

I think he might want a bit higher than league one football to come out of (semi) retirement, but I would like him here too.
I think the appointment would 99.9% guarantee us promotion.

Poll: Who is your favourite outfield Town player of the 1978 cup winning team?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:12 - Dec 29 with 1914 viewsfloridaboy

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:06 - Dec 29 by hector_clifford

I think he might want a bit higher than league one football to come out of (semi) retirement, but I would like him here too.
I think the appointment would 99.9% guarantee us promotion.

Not sure Evans will pay up an awful lot of money to get rid of Lambert, Taylor etc.

Plus Warnock will cost but if Evans wants promotion then it is a cost he is going to have to cough up!

Really cant think of anyone else who could do the job. At the end of the day it is not a bad squad of players, just badly managed at the moment.

Just hope if he does sack Lambert he gets in Maclaren!
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:14 - Dec 29 with 1884 viewsr2d2

Warnock is the one manager who can get us up. But Evans is a wimp and penny pincher so its unlikely to happen.
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:15 - Dec 29 with 1849 viewsChrisd

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:12 - Dec 29 by floridaboy

Not sure Evans will pay up an awful lot of money to get rid of Lambert, Taylor etc.

Plus Warnock will cost but if Evans wants promotion then it is a cost he is going to have to cough up!

Really cant think of anyone else who could do the job. At the end of the day it is not a bad squad of players, just badly managed at the moment.

The Steve McClaren appointment is more in keeping with ME!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 1807 viewsclive_baker

A Warnock 'type' is the right man in the short term. We've got a decent squad, I still stand by that, but they seem to be getting away with murder at the moment. It feels like it did under Jewel.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 1788 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm coming round to that — very very reluctantly — because we have to sort this out somehow. Staying down could be the end of us as we know it and I'm not being melodramatic, so we do whatever it takes. Plus Colin loves ITFC.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:18 - Dec 29 with 1766 viewsDublinBlue84

Some of our fans are honestly deluded.

We are League One club, saying ex Premiership and high end Championship managers are going to come to us are the words of cloud cuckoo land from people who seem to have forgotten the fact that we have been relegated and simply cannot afford such managers and it's unlikely they will want to come here anyway.

The kind of managers being mentioned would be a possibility if we were in the Championship but we're not and people need to adjust their expectations in line with that. We are no longer the proud club we once were on the pitch, we are in our worst position for 60 years.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Login to get fewer ads

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 1748 viewssparks

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:17 - Dec 29 by SomethingBlue

I'm coming round to that — very very reluctantly — because we have to sort this out somehow. Staying down could be the end of us as we know it and I'm not being melodramatic, so we do whatever it takes. Plus Colin loves ITFC.

Agreed. And I suspect, as a result of history, we might be one of only two div 1 teams he would seriously consider.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 1745 viewsclive_baker

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:12 - Dec 29 by floridaboy

It wouldn't be a cheap appointment admittedly but it could be worth £8m in 5 months time...

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 1742 viewsLankHenners

Yes, the club could do without the upheaval but it could do without being stuck in this division more. He'd absolutely bloody love it.

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 1730 viewsfooters

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 1701 viewsLankHenners

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:18 - Dec 29 by DublinBlue84

We are League One club, saying ex Premiership and high end Championship managers are going to come to us are the words of cloud cuckoo land from people who seem to have forgotten the fact that we have been relegated and simply cannot afford such managers and it's unlikely they will want to come here anyway.

The kind of managers being mentioned would be a possibility if we were in the Championship but we're not and people need to adjust their expectations in line with that. We are no longer the proud club we once were on the pitch, we are in our worst position for 60 years.

He's semi-retired and would absolutely take one more pay day to get another success on his books before he puts his feet up for good.

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 1700 viewsfloridaboy

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:17 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

A Warnock 'type' is the right man in the short term. We've got a decent squad, I still stand by that, but they seem to be getting away with murder at the moment. It feels like it did under Jewel.

There is certainly something not right. Is Norwood a bad influence. Came here with a goalscoring reputation but seems to be a bit of a clown ie Bullard!!!

Maybe it is time for Norwood to be left out especially with Keane seemingly now fit and Sears not far away from full match fitness.

What worries me is Lamberts obsession with Edwards. Don't get that one. Would rather see young Dobra out wide.
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 1697 viewspointofblue

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:19 - Dec 29 by footers

Not funny!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:25 - Dec 29 with 1635 viewsDubtractor

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:17 - Dec 29 by clive_baker

It feels exactly like it did under Jewell. In particular the throwing formations and line ups at the wall in the hope that one sticks.

FFS. Why is it that other teams always get the managers who create teams with clear personalities, with well drilled systems, with genuine creativity and flair? Even our best manager of the last 10 years never really had a clear attacking identity, but he was good at getting results.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:25 - Dec 29 with 1628 viewsfloridaboy

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:20 - Dec 29 by pointofblue

Not funny!

We already have one clown in Norwood, definitely don't need another!
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:26 - Dec 29 with 1594 viewsvapour_trail

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:20 - Dec 29 by LankHenners

He's semi-retired and would absolutely take one more pay day to get another success on his books before he puts his feet up for good.

One more championship pay day.

Can’t seem him wanting to get his hands dirty with this. And then of course there is the cost to the owner. No chance.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:27 - Dec 29 with 1566 viewsLankHenners

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:26 - Dec 29 by vapour_trail

Can’t seem him wanting to get his hands dirty with this. And then of course there is the cost to the owner. No chance.

Cost him more to stay in this division.

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:31 - Dec 29 with 1514 viewsunstableblue

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:25 - Dec 29 by Dubtractor

It feels exactly like it did under Jewell. In particular the throwing formations and line ups at the wall in the hope that one sticks.

FFS. Why is it that other teams always get the managers who create teams with clear personalities, with well drilled systems, with genuine creativity and flair? Even our best manager of the last 10 years never really had a clear attacking identity, but he was good at getting results.

Totally agree, see my other post. These manager choices under Marcus have been a disaster

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:31 - Dec 29 with 1491 viewsSomethingBlue

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:26 - Dec 29 by vapour_trail

Reckon Colin would. He really likes Town. Think he'd see it as a very apt way to sign off.

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:58 - Dec 29 with 1377 viewsONENIL78

whose colin
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 18:02 - Dec 29 with 1338 viewsSomethingBlue

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:58 - Dec 29 by ONENIL78

whose colin

Maybe ours if we play our cards right!

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 18:03 - Dec 29 with 1330 viewsr2d2

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 17:18 - Dec 29 by DublinBlue84

We are here because of Evans. Stop defending him. He needs to get us up. Will cost him more in the long run if he doesnt.
Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 18:11 - Dec 29 with 1262 viewssparks

Get Warnock in for the rest of the season on 18:03 - Dec 29 by r2d2

We are here because of Evans. Stop defending him. He needs to get us up. Will cost him more in the long run if he doesnt.

Tell us what he should have done differently this season.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024