Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How poor was Norris yesterday? 09:47 - Dec 27 with 903 viewsbluesym

We have seen a fair bit of both the GK's now and Holy has to be our number 1.

I am not saying Norris is terrible just based on yesterday,but for me,he isnt better than the GK who we actually own.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 09:50 - Dec 27 with 887 viewsWD19

Your last sentence is the key one for me.

I also think Holy does a better job of forcing the back 4 up a few yards. Holy all day long for me. Would love to know why he is not in the team.
How poor was Norris yesterday? on 09:51 - Dec 27 with 880 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Kicking wasn't great, but neither is Holy's

I though Norris was alright, made some good saves yesterday a few in the first half, and was really good at coming off his line. Spilt one, but it was given as a foul on him. He was also our best player at Pompey by a mile, made some really good saves. We have some serious problems with that team, he isn't one of them imo.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:05 - Dec 27 with 825 viewsbluesym

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 09:51 - Dec 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Kicking wasn't great, but neither is Holy's

I though Norris was alright, made some good saves yesterday a few in the first half, and was really good at coming off his line. Spilt one, but it was given as a foul on him. He was also our best player at Pompey by a mile, made some really good saves. We have some serious problems with that team, he isn't one of them imo.

Have to disagree,i thought he looked unsure all game.Did make a great save in the 2nd half though.
As I say,i am not calling him out as crap,but the idea of loanees surely is they are better than the player who would be in his position? For me,he isnt better than Holy.

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:12 - Dec 27 with 794 viewsBlueySwede

I prefer Holy, but Norris is a decent goalie too. Least of our problems, the goalkeeping department.
How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:12 - Dec 27 with 788 viewsKeaneish

I’ve always rated Holy better than Norris. Both decent shot stoppers but Holy is infinitely better at claiming crosses and commanding the back four or box. He’s got such a better rapport with the fans too. Not sure of the correlation between Norris coming in and our dip in form but we were certainly winning more with Holy starting even if against weaker opponents.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:13 - Dec 27 with 785 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:05 - Dec 27 by bluesym

Have to disagree,i thought he looked unsure all game.Did make a great save in the 2nd half though.
As I say,i am not calling him out as crap,but the idea of loanees surely is they are better than the player who would be in his position? For me,he isnt better than Holy.

I think they are much of a muchness. But I think to call Norris poor yesterday is a bit bizarre.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:15 - Dec 27 with 759 viewsHARRY10

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 09:50 - Dec 27 by WD19

Your last sentence is the key one for me.

I also think Holy does a better job of forcing the back 4 up a few yards. Holy all day long for me. Would love to know why he is not in the team.

Because Norris is.

I don't doubt that a condition of Norris coming here was that he would play a certain number of games - or why else would Wolves loan him out ?
How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:22 - Dec 27 with 726 viewsRegencyBlue

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:12 - Dec 27 by BlueySwede

I prefer Holy, but Norris is a decent goalie too. Least of our problems, the goalkeeping department.

Agreed. There are plenty of other issues ahead of that.

How the hell did Nsiala start ahead of Wilson yesterday? Why was Downes rested? Why do we allow ourselves, week in week out, to be sucked into playing the way the opposition want to play rather than playing to our strengths for starters!
Login to get fewer ads

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 11:18 - Dec 27 with 662 viewssundaze

How poor was Norris yesterday? on 10:15 - Dec 27 by HARRY10

Because Norris is.

I don't doubt that a condition of Norris coming here was that he would play a certain number of games - or why else would Wolves loan him out ?

I agree with this, we have to be the only team in any league who rotate their goalkeepers.
I understand that some players , who are prone to injuries for example, needing less game time, but the keeper is the rock of the team, he should be commanding and organising his defence.
Earlier in the season Holy was keeping consecutive clean sheets, nearly setting a new club record, it can be no coincidence that having a confident goalkeeper is the foundation of a successful team.
How poor was Norris yesterday? on 15:51 - Dec 29 with 466 viewsbluesym

Bump.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024