Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More monkey chants at the football 18:34 - Dec 22 with 6817 viewsvapour_trail

At Spurs Chelsea this afternoon.

Disgusting.

It’s on the march again in this country, and I’m sorry it’s been facilitated by the whole Brexit process and the prime minister in particular.

It’ll get worse before it gets better.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More monkey chants at the football on 18:59 - Dec 22 with 2754 viewsmonytowbray

Jesus.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

More monkey chants at the football on 18:59 - Dec 22 with 2760 viewscrunchie1978

Pathetic to link the 2.
Comments like this cause more harm than good.
More monkey chants at the football on 19:05 - Dec 22 with 2748 viewsMullet

More monkey chants at the football on 18:59 - Dec 22 by crunchie1978

Pathetic to link the 2.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 19:15]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More monkey chants at the football on 19:26 - Dec 22 with 2687 viewsvapour_trail

Pathetic to link the 2.

I would fully expect that to be your position.

More monkey chants at the football on 19:26 - Dec 22 with 2689 viewsMullet

More monkey chants at the football on 19:26 - Dec 22 by vapour_trail

Neville is with you on this

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

More monkey chants at the football on 19:30 - Dec 22 with 2673 viewsSwailsey

Pathetic to link the 2.

What a pathetic viewpoint.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

More monkey chants at the football on 19:36 - Dec 22 with 2653 viewsbazgammon

Ridiculous, nothing to do with Brexit or the PM, disgusting quite frankly , but again symptomatic of the leftist/leave bias on this board.

Poll: Lambert

More monkey chants at the football on 19:36 - Dec 22 with 2643 viewsBlueNomad

Pathetic to link the 2.

“Letter boxes”, “bank robbers”, “Piccaninnies”.........

I think there is a link!
Login to get fewer ads

More monkey chants at the football on 19:46 - Dec 22 with 2608 viewsSomethingBlue

Pathetic to link the 2.

Yep it's all just coming out of thin air mate. Have a look in the mirror and think seriously about whether you're the person you want to be.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

More monkey chants at the football on 19:47 - Dec 22 with 2599 viewsvapour_trail

More monkey chants at the football on 19:36 - Dec 22 by bazgammon

Ridiculous, nothing to do with Brexit or the PM, disgusting quite frankly , but again symptomatic of the leftist/leave bias on this board.

More monkey chants at the football on 19:54 - Dec 22 with 2573 viewsfactual_blue

More monkey chants at the football on 19:47 - Dec 22 by vapour_trail

It's nominative determinism at its finest.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

More monkey chants at the football on 20:01 - Dec 22 with 2561 viewsEastTownBlue

Pathetic to link the 2.

The few hitting out at Gary Neville's post match comments about the racism on Twitter have been Brexit loving Trump supporters.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 20:03]
More monkey chants at the football on 20:06 - Dec 22 with 2540 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If you want to blame a politician, blame Corbyn for being such piss poor weak opposition.

Seriously though, have a day off, trying to link this to brexit! Lols

The alleged racism is inexcusable, but so is hijacking it to promote your own agenda. The latter is probably worse.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

More monkey chants at the football on 20:07 - Dec 22 with 2531 viewsCoco

More monkey chants at the football on 19:36 - Dec 22 by bazgammon

It amazes me there are actually people out there like you.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

More monkey chants at the football on 20:10 - Dec 22 with 2513 viewsvapour_trail

More monkey chants at the football on 20:06 - Dec 22 by Marshalls_Mullet

If you want to blame a politician, blame Corbyn for being such piss poor weak opposition.

The alleged racism is inexcusable, but so is hijacking it to promote your own agenda. The latter is probably worse.

No agenda sunshine, and I have no time for corbyn, whereas you seem a little obsessed.

More monkey chants at the football on 20:16 - Dec 22 with 2489 viewstractorboy1978

Football is a microcosm of society. It's certainly becoming more prominent again, whether that be because it was always there and people were hiding it or because there is actually more racist individuals about.
More monkey chants at the football on 20:26 - Dec 22 with 2445 viewsSwansea_Blue

More monkey chants at the football on 19:26 - Dec 22 by Mullet

The response from the presenter at the end is very telling. Nobody in any position of power seems willing to acknowledge the issue and speak out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More monkey chants at the football on 20:28 - Dec 22 with 2437 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seriously? Worrying about point scoring on a message board is worse than racism?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

More monkey chants at the football on 20:32 - Dec 22 with 2418 viewsPJH

More monkey chants at the football on 20:26 - Dec 22 by Swansea_Blue

The response from the presenter at the end is very telling. Nobody in any position of power seems willing to acknowledge the issue and speak out.

Yes, sounds like SKY worried in case some racists stop watching their programmes.
More monkey chants at the football on 20:45 - Dec 22 with 2371 viewsJeanManuelThetis

More monkey chants at the football on 19:26 - Dec 22 by Mullet

Fair play to Gary Neville. He is spot on.
More monkey chants at the football on 20:50 - Dec 22 with 2355 viewsJakeITFC

I think it’s been there the whole time, people just feel emboldened by events right now.

The reaction to Stormzy’s interview this weekend another example of bringing the pricks out around race issues.
More monkey chants at the football on 21:12 - Dec 22 with 2313 viewsTrequartista

Agree with "Disgusting" but not convinced by the rest of it.

Rgarding Johnson, If there is a link, which i would doubt, do racist thugs at football matches tend to read old columns of the Daily Telegraph from 17 years ago before they set out for the game, or did they pick up the phrases being repeated again and again as a political attack during the last election campaign? Let's get to the truth and not make spectacular leaps.

I think there has always been an element of this at football, which has been ignored, and the difference now is that players are no longer prepared to ignore it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

More monkey chants at the football on 21:24 - Dec 22 with 2264 viewspointofblue

More monkey chants at the football on 21:12 - Dec 22 by Trequartista

Rgarding Johnson, If there is a link, which i would doubt, do racist thugs at football matches tend to read old columns of the Daily Telegraph from 17 years ago before they set out for the game, or did they pick up the phrases being repeated again and again as a political attack during the last election campaign? Let's get to the truth and not make spectacular leaps.

I think there has always been an element of this at football, which has been ignored, and the difference now is that players are no longer prepared to ignore it.

Couldn't agree more. I don't think the racist element in this country ever went away; I don't think it ever left football stadiums. Instead of shrugging it off now players are happy to stand up and oppose it and that's great progression. But now game postponement should be considered if it happens - announcements are not enough.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

More monkey chants at the football on 21:52 - Dec 22 with 2184 viewsm14_blue

Is your last sentence saying VT is ‘probably worse’ than the racist???

That’s one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen on here in a long time, and that’s with pretty stiff competition.
More monkey chants at the football on 22:06 - Dec 22 with 2157 viewsvapour_trail

More monkey chants at the football on 21:12 - Dec 22 by Trequartista

Take your points, trequarista. There’s some truth to a lot of that.

The atmosphere in this country has shifted radically over the second half of this decade though. Certain behaviours have been normalised.

So whilst these issues have always been real, I’d suggest there’s an environment in which perpetrators feel emboldened.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024