Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting to think the only thing 15:37 - Dec 22 with 1115 viewsCheltenham_Blue

that gets some people on this board aroused is the thought of Evans sacking managers.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Starting to think the only thing on 15:57 - Dec 22 with 1084 viewshaynes_toe1

I dont think that's fair.

I've seen people including myself from the start of the reason raise legitimate concerns about how we were performing despite the results. We were all told to shutup because we were top and winning.

So now those concerns have more validity because we arent winning and we arent top - we're now accused of only being interested in sacking managers.

Bizarre.
Starting to think the only thing on 16:11 - Dec 22 with 1070 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Starting to think the only thing on 15:57 - Dec 22 by haynes_toe1

I've seen people including myself from the start of the reason raise legitimate concerns about how we were performing despite the results. We were all told to shutup because we were top and winning.

So now those concerns have more validity because we arent winning and we arent top - we're now accused of only being interested in sacking managers.

Bizarre.

It's perfectly fair.
Yes, things aren't great right now, but we're still third with a game in hand.

I can't wait until the rest of you wake up to the fact that if Lambert is as poor as you make out, the common denominator since we became mediocre to poor isn't our previous 5 managers, its Evans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Starting to think the only thing on 16:15 - Dec 22 with 1063 viewsFtnfwest

Bizarre.

Thought exactly the same tbh but for me it confirmed that beyond hopefully getting us back to the championship, lambert wasn’t the long term answer. Still think he can do that but overal I don’t see him taking us any further than surviving there. We can all blame Evans at these junctures but picking holes in what lamberts doing is worryingly pretty straightforward.
Starting to think the only thing on 16:20 - Dec 22 with 1046 viewsFtnfwest

Starting to think the only thing on 16:11 - Dec 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's perfectly fair.

I can't wait until the rest of you wake up to the fact that if Lambert is as poor as you make out, the common denominator since we became mediocre to poor isn't our previous 5 managers, its Evans.

That’s always been true, but it’s not straightforwardly a money issue as most think, it’s poor manager and executive appointments etc
Starting to think the only thing on 16:37 - Dec 22 with 1015 viewsDyland

Starting to think the only thing on 16:11 - Dec 22 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's perfectly fair.

Indeed. You've got to laugh innit. Evans appointed Keane and then Jewell, but they weren't even the worst. And the current incumbent who we were relegated under isn't even the worst, though we shall see where he ultimately lands on the MEG manager failure chart.

Evans' recruitment and strategy have been an unmitigated disaster, the wider football climate notwithstanding. And I don't even think he's THAT bad an owner!

Football eh?

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Starting to think the only thing on 16:55 - Dec 23 with 882 viewsTerry_Nutkins

There is no patience. there is no nuance (It's black and white good job or sack immediately). Literally one bad spell and knives come out and then a little gaggle of fans come out with hilarious jibes about him buying a round but no points etc. It Should be embarrassing but the numbers that jump on the bandwagon is staggering.

Grown men lose all sense of perspective.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Starting to think the only thing on 20:49 - Dec 23 with 799 viewsOxford_Blue

Bizarre.

If you look at history, sacking managers hasn’t worked out too well for us has it?
Starting to think the only thing on 21:25 - Dec 23 with 780 viewsmonty_radio

Starting to think the only thing on 16:20 - Dec 22 by Ftnfwest

That’s always been true, but it’s not straightforwardly a money issue as most think, it’s poor manager and executive appointments etc

If the correlation was unerring no Shrewsbury would ever have gone up, nor Burton or other such. We have appointed, with one notable departure/failure, "safe managers" because of their previous success who have found that the knack had departed in the boot of time's winged chariot. Evans watches on as their flame gutters and dies.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Starting to think the only thing on 22:15 - Dec 23 with 742 viewsRadlett_blue

Evans has been a woeful appointer of managers, with Mick his only success. Allowing Hurst to turn the squad inside out also showed that he hadn't learned from allowing Keane to do the same.
Yes, given that Evans (not unreasonably) isn't willing to lose £10m or so a season condemned us to being Championship also rans, but we've now become a yoyo club between the 2nd & 3rd tiers. I haven't been particularly impressed with Lambert, who seems to have ripped up whatever strategy he originally had & appears to be making it up as he goes along, but sacking him right now would be madness.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Starting to think the only thing on 23:21 - Dec 23 with 709 viewspatrickswell

Starting to think the only thing on 16:20 - Dec 22 by Ftnfwest

There’s plenty of responsibility that can be laid at Evans’s door for what’s gone wrong at ITFC over this decade, but it’s been mind-boggling just how poor most of our managers have been over the last 10 years. In hard result terms Keane, Jewell and Hurst have been Jackie Milburn levels of bad, but at least he had the excuse that he was managing in the top flight. Lambert’s issue is a failure to stamp any kind of identity on us either in terms of style of play or selection.

I don’t think he’s a particularly inspiring character either and all the rotation is eroding player trust in him. He comes over as indecisive and that transmits to the team.
Starting to think the only thing on 07:58 - Dec 24 with 640 viewsSteve_M

Well, quite. There are valid criticisms to be made of Lambert - and the lack of a preferred formation at this point is just bizarre - but we're back to a lot of fans thinking the easy answer is just to sack the manager and start again. It's manufacturing a crisis out of a poor run of results.

It's not like some fans did the same with McCarthy either is it?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Starting to think the only thing on 08:00 - Dec 24 with 636 viewsMullet

Starting to think the only thing on 07:58 - Dec 24 by Steve_M

Well, quite. There are valid criticisms to be made of Lambert - and the lack of a preferred formation at this point is just bizarre - but we're back to a lot of fans thinking the easy answer is just to sack the manager and start again. It's manufacturing a crisis out of a poor run of results.

It's not like some fans did the same with McCarthy either is it?

If only we'd kept Mick. I hate us being sh1t.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024