Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three certain starters on Boxing Day 12:47 - Dec 22 with 2031 viewsPJH

even in the weird world of PL selections I think that,assuming they are fit, Donacien, Wilson and Wolfenden are certainties aren't they?

Surely we have got to play our only RB and our only two reliable and available centre halfs.
Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 12:50 - Dec 22 with 1706 viewsWD19

The logic is irrefutable.

So I think we might see as many as 2 out of those 3 picked.
You’d hope that the following would be nailed on.... on 12:53 - Dec 22 with 1695 viewsunstableblue

.. Norris, Garbutt, Wilson, Woolfenden, Donacien, downes, Norwood, Jackson

What creativity lambert puts around them is the challenge.

Lambert should be rightly criticised if he doesn’t follow much of the above.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 12:56]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 12:59 - Dec 22 with 1660 viewsIllinoisblue

That many eh? That we’re even joking about not having a clue who will play tells its own story. I really want Lambert to succeed but lord almighty it’s hard to defend him.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:02 - Dec 22 with 1647 viewsPJH

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 12:59 - Dec 22 by Illinoisblue

That many eh? That we’re even joking about not having a clue who will play tells its own story. I really want Lambert to succeed but lord almighty it’s hard to defend him.

I am not joking though because trying to predict a starting team is largely guesswork but the three that I mention surely have to start, don't they?
You’d hope that the following would be nailed on.... on 13:03 - Dec 22 with 1643 viewspointofblue

You’d hope that the following would be nailed on.... on 12:53 - Dec 22 by unstableblue

.. Norris, Garbutt, Wilson, Woolfenden, Donacien, downes, Norwood, Jackson

What creativity lambert puts around them is the challenge.

Lambert should be rightly criticised if he doesn’t follow much of the above.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2019 12:56]

We play Lincoln three days later. Which players does Lambert believe could do with missing one of the two games in three days? Chambers will possibly return for Woolfenden at Sincil Bank and I can’t see either Dozzell or Skuse playing both but will probably play in one.

Interesting you say that hopefully Norris will be ‘nailed on’ - why’s that? If we’re going to give a goalkeeper some consistent game time I’d prefer it to be our own.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:17 - Dec 22 with 1601 viewsJ2BLUE

If I was the manager:

Holy - give him the shirt and stop rotating the keeprs

Kenlock - not a world beater but he will do a job. Allows one of our best threats to move into LM.
Woolf
Wilson
Donacien - again, not going to bomb up the wing but who cares? He's solid defensively

Garbutt
Downes - encourage him to get forward and join in attacks
Skuse
Rowe/Cyrpus George/Edwards - pick whichever one looks best in training

Keane
Jackson

Two points:

> Norwood is not undroppable
> 442 might be 'outdated' but we have a very winnable game. Lets go back to basics and impose our will on a poor side managed by a buffoon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:20 - Dec 22 with 1589 viewsPJH

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:17 - Dec 22 by J2BLUE

If I was the manager:

Kenlock - not a world beater but he will do a job. Allows one of our best threats to move into LM.
Woolf
Wilson
Donacien - again, not going to bomb up the wing but who cares? He's solid defensively

Garbutt
Skuse

Keane
Jackson

Two points:

> 442 might be 'outdated' but we have a very winnable game. Lets go back to basics and impose our will on a poor side managed by a buffoon.

Rowe is out injured for a while, George very likely going back to Spurs at the end of 2019 and Edwards a waste of getting a shirt dirty.

I thought Judge looked pretty good yesterday so at the moment he would be in my starting side somewhere-maybe PL will put him in goal.
Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:23 - Dec 22 with 1580 viewspointofblue

If I was the manager:

Woolf
Wilson

Garbutt
Skuse

Keane
Jackson

Two points:

A poor side managed by a buffoon who have only lost one in nine in all competitions.

Personally I'd like to see us return to the 4-3-3 which saw a decent performance, in spells, against Coventry and Bristol Rovers.

Holy
Donacien - Woolfenden - Wilson - Garbutt
Downes - Dozzell - Nolan
Norwood - Keane - Jackson

If/when Vincent-Young, Bishop and Sears return hopefully they'll give more to the shape but I'd like to see it bedded in. We tried to return to 4-4-2 against Coventry in the cup and got over-ran in midfield.

Login to get fewer ads

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:21 - Dec 22 with 1497 viewsblueislander

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:23 - Dec 22 by pointofblue

A poor side managed by a buffoon who have only lost one in nine in all competitions.

Personally I'd like to see us return to the 4-3-3 which saw a decent performance, in spells, against Coventry and Bristol Rovers.

Holy
Downes - Dozzell - Nolan

If/when Vincent-Young, Bishop and Sears return hopefully they'll give more to the shape but I'd like to see it bedded in. We tried to return to 4-4-2 against Coventry in the cup and got over-ran in midfield.

Downes and Dozzell have to play together against Gillingham. Playing the three strikers just doesn’t work, but it’s a tough call which two. I would play Jackson for his pace though. Is it possible for Huws to finally play to somewhere near his potential? We all have our opinion as to the best eleven, but I am not sure that the Manager knows.
Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:25 - Dec 22 with 1485 viewspointofblue

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:21 - Dec 22 by blueislander

Downes and Dozzell have to play together against Gillingham. Playing the three strikers just doesn’t work, but it’s a tough call which two. I would play Jackson for his pace though. Is it possible for Huws to finally play to somewhere near his potential? We all have our opinion as to the best eleven, but I am not sure that the Manager knows.

We've only played three up front once, last Saturday, and seemed to have a threat for the most part. I wouldn't do it away from home - I'd bring in two midfielders instead to give us more stability - but at home we've shown signs of having enough about us to press the advantage.

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:31 - Dec 22 with 1467 viewssparks

Only 3 players have started most league games. Beyond them, I think its a complete lottery.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:35 - Dec 22 with 1455 viewssparks

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 13:23 - Dec 22 by pointofblue

Holy
Downes - Dozzell - Nolan

Decentish performance in parts- but no goal threat. Two central strikers- forcing one to play outwide where they fail to be a winger, midfielder or anything in between as is required for the system.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:36 - Dec 22 with 1446 viewssparks

If I was the manager:

Woolf
Wilson

Garbutt
Skuse

Keane
Jackson

Two points:

With you on the lineup- though I might have Norwood over Keane.

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:54 - Dec 22 with 1410 viewsblueislander

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:36 - Dec 22 by sparks

With you on the lineup- though I might have Norwood over Keane.

Dozzell?
Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:57 - Dec 22 with 1401 viewsMullet

I'd quite like to see Kenlock and Donacien start. Put Garbutt and one of Dobra/El Mizouni ahead of them, even Jackson perhaps. We can afford to have two fairly defensive full backs and give wingers complete licence not to track back in my opinion.

It'd give us balance and the chance to attack more effectively.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 15:04 - Dec 22 with 1388 viewsblueislander

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:57 - Dec 22 by Mullet

I'd quite like to see Kenlock and Donacien start. Put Garbutt and one of Dobra/El Mizouni ahead of them, even Jackson perhaps. We can afford to have two fairly defensive full backs and give wingers complete licence not to track back in my opinion.

It'd give us balance and the chance to attack more effectively.

I think it is fair to say that Garbutt is better wide left midfield than as full back, but he is not a winger who takes people on. Dobra looks as though he would try to do that. A fit Bishop with his ability to carry the ball would be a big plus.
Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 15:07 - Dec 22 with 1381 viewspointofblue

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 14:35 - Dec 22 by sparks

Decentish performance in parts- but no goal threat. Two central strikers- forcing one to play outwide where they fail to be a winger, midfielder or anything in between as is required for the system.

The issue with both 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 is our lack of wingers. The 4-3-3 would be more effective with a fit and firing Sears to compliment Jackson on the other wing with one of Norwood or Keane taking up the central position.

For the arguments about a lack of goal threat we had 72 touches in the opposition box against Bristol Rovers - whether we were too low on confidence, not willing to strike or the ball didn't fall our way that's not a bad starting point on the way to goal. We need to get used to whatever system we want to use - with Sears missing, perhaps we should go with Edwards, Dobra, Georgiou or, when fit, Rowe over one of Jackson or Keane but I think the base will work.

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 15:18 - Dec 22 with 1355 viewsMrTown

Norris
Edwards - Skuse - Downes - Dobra
Jackson - Norwood

Would be my team.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 15:26 - Dec 22 with 1336 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

If I was the manager:

Woolf
Wilson

Garbutt
Skuse

Keane
Jackson

Two points:

It’s mad though because Norris was really good yesterday. Agree he should pick a GK and stick with it.. I think Norris better.

Apart from that.. your team is spot on for me.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 16:17 - Dec 22 with 1276 viewsPJH

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 15:26 - Dec 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

It’s mad though because Norris was really good yesterday. Agree he should pick a GK and stick with it.. I think Norris better.

I think that Norris is slightly the better of the two keepers so in my opinion if we are picking the best players then it should be Norris.

I do not think that any team that potentially includes Edwards can be spot on.

There are no natural wingers that are both available and good enough so in that case we will have to do without natural wingers.
Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 16:41 - Dec 22 with 1241 viewsDyland

They really aren't though. The only certainty is that I'll be in the pub checking the team just after 2pm and we'll all be laughing, shrugging, FFSing, shaking heads, etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 16:44 - Dec 22 with 1221 viewsDyland

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 15:26 - Dec 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I have no experience and can't comment on how rotation may affect a goalie but assuming (and it's 100% an assumption) they are both okay with it, I have no problems with swapping them in and out. It's the bizarre outfield changes that are grating, and not because I have favourites but because it's so fooking obvious the selections are crap. Pompey being the latest ridiculous one. As if our players are ten times better than everyone else and we don't need to worry too much about the oppo.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 19:12 - Dec 22 with 1111 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 16:17 - Dec 22 by PJH

I think that Norris is slightly the better of the two keepers so in my opinion if we are picking the best players then it should be Norris.

I do not think that any team that potentially includes Edwards can be spot on.

There are no natural wingers that are both available and good enough so in that case we will have to do without natural wingers.

I don't rate Edwards one bit. But in the way of wingers right now, we are thin on the ground.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 19:34 - Dec 22 with 1086 viewsKeaneish

Three certain non-starters: Edwards, Keane and Nsiala.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 20:15 - Dec 22 with 1061 viewsPJH

Three certain starters on Boxing Day on 19:12 - Dec 22 by TRUE_BLUE123

I don't rate Edwards one bit. But in the way of wingers right now, we are thin on the ground.

But in that case why start a player that is obviously not good enough just because he is the only one available that can stand in that position?

I think there is something in the rules that says you have to play a goalkeeper but I don't think that there is anything that says you must play a winger.

I am sure even PL should be able to find ten outfield players that are more use than Edwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024