Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover 15:49 - Dec 15 with 2025 viewsBobbychase

And my plea is this - please stop with the 'Lambert out' nonsense.

As you can imagine, after such a long journey to Suffolk and back to watch that defensive shambles I'm not best pleased, but I'm even less impressed with people who want to change the manager. Have we learned nothing?

Our cub is being rebuilt on and off the pitch after one of the most damaging periods in its history. We're wobbling at home at the moment and some players need to improve their performances but it's been proven time and time again that patience is often rewarded in football.

Downes, Woolfenden, KVY, Garbutt (if he signs), Dozzell - we have some excellent young players on our books and Teddy Bishop and Jack Lankester to come back. We also have El Mizouni and Dobra.

We're starting to see what a force Will Keane can be at this level and over the last two games some of our attacking play has been superb (although the final ball still needs work).

People pay their money and are entitled to their opinions but for me the last thing we want is another period of upheaval.

Rant over. I'm taking a couple of Nurofen and going to bed.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:04 - Dec 15 with 1972 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

You were right...good fans...made it easy for them though.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:15 - Dec 15 with 1939 viewsBobbychase

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:04 - Dec 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

You were right...good fans...made it easy for them though.

Yep. Think we saw they are a pretty limited side (none of my Rovers mates expect to see them stay in the top six) but we gave them the perfect opportunity to engage in the 'dark arts' of timewasting and injury faking by defending like clowns.

Even so, Nolan missed an easy chance and they had a couple of other let-offs as well.

We're starting to get it right in the final third. Our defence is still one of the best in the division. Just need to combine our miserliness in defence in the first third of the season with a bit more clinical finishing in the final third.

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:19 - Dec 15 with 1916 viewsBLUEBEAT

28% win rate, buh

That’s not promotion form, buh

We need promotion, buh

Poll: W or W

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:27 - Dec 15 with 1898 viewsBobbychase

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:19 - Dec 15 by BLUEBEAT

28% win rate, buh

We need promotion, buh

Agreed Buh

And if a new manager came in and had to bring in his own players and get the current squad playing for him, we'd be starting again mid season. Could work, might be a disaster like Hurst was.

We have the second best defence in the division and in the last two games we've seen signs that the attacking performances are improving. We should have scored three or four yesterday tbh. Tight defence combined with better goalscoring = promotion.

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:37 - Dec 15 with 1864 viewsBLUEBEAT

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:27 - Dec 15 by Bobbychase

Agreed Buh

And if a new manager came in and had to bring in his own players and get the current squad playing for him, we'd be starting again mid season. Could work, might be a disaster like Hurst was.

We have the second best defence in the division and in the last two games we've seen signs that the attacking performances are improving. We should have scored three or four yesterday tbh. Tight defence combined with better goalscoring = promotion.

But if a new manager came in and just used the current squad, would he improve matters?

I think yes, if he didn’t continually chop and change personnel and formation.

If Lambert stuck to a format and team spine I’d personally be a lot happier and am sure the players would too.

How can the team gel and build a solid understanding with continual change?

Look back to our last really successful squad. Hardly any changes were made to that very good side.

Poll: W or W

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:39 - Dec 15 with 1862 viewsMullet

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:27 - Dec 15 by Bobbychase

Agreed Buh

I agree that removing Lambert now would harm us more and prove that Evans has no conviction either. As I said earlier we'd have a bloated and unbalanced squad containing the players of 3 managers, and added to by a fourth. That's what has done for teams in the past. We already lack identity as it is.

However, there was concerted "Shut up we're second" narrative and quick jump to paint the fanbase out as panicking and negative when the debate was far more nuanced and thoughtful.

That is deeply unhelpful, and shows that the venom which saw Magilton ousted, and intensified under McCarthy is still very much lingering and won't take much to resurface. Lambert has had a bad month or more now, and done little to quell that. He really needs to make ground up on Wycombe (imagine thinking let alone typing that 2 years ago).

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 17:33 - Dec 15 with 1722 viewsBlueBadger

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:19 - Dec 15 by BLUEBEAT

28% win rate, buh

We need promotion, buh

I'm not sure it even counts as Play Off Form.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 17:40 - Dec 15 with 1700 viewsBlueBadger

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 16:37 - Dec 15 by BLUEBEAT

But if a new manager came in and just used the current squad, would he improve matters?

I think yes, if he didn’t continually chop and change personnel and formation.

If Lambert stuck to a format and team spine I’d personally be a lot happier and am sure the players would too.

How can the team gel and build a solid understanding with continual change?

Look back to our last really successful squad. Hardly any changes were made to that very good side.

Yes, but Mick was picking that side.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 18:22 - Dec 15 with 1632 viewsGeoffSentence

I hope you aren't counting Coventry in the FA Cup as one of those two games in which our attacking play was superb. I trust that you meant something like 'the last two league games' or 'two of the last three games', because there was precious little football of quality on Tuesday.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 21:53 - Dec 15 with 1471 viewspointofblue

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 18:22 - Dec 15 by GeoffSentence

I hope you aren't counting Coventry in the FA Cup as one of those two games in which our attacking play was superb. I trust that you meant something like 'the last two league games' or 'two of the last three games', because there was precious little football of quality on Tuesday.

Our attacking play has been improving in a 4-3-3 structure; we should have had three or four at Coventry in the first half and had our chances in the first 60 minutes against Bristol Rovers yesterday. The bizarre switch to 4-4-2 on Tuesday did not work.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 00:06 - Dec 16 with 1384 viewsCoco

Agree with you but

‘Bishop to come back’ 😹

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

440-mile round trip done. Back in Bristol. Still a bit hungover on 05:52 - Dec 16 with 1322 viewsAtractorive

"Our cub is being rebuilt on and off the pitch after one of the most damaging periods in its history. "

Stop lion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024