Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) 11:30 - Dec 15 with 2598 viewsDinnernotTea

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 12:56 - Dec 15 with 2034 viewsSitfcB

Yeah but he puts money behind the bar.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:52 - Dec 15 with 1992 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Couldnt care less honestly. If you can't put a context to that % then you've no hope anyway. What happens this season is what i care about. i'll judge him end of the season and accept we might lose the odd game and not wet the bed about it.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:59 - Dec 15 with 1967 viewsBluefish

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:52 - Dec 15 by Terry_Nutkins

Couldnt care less honestly. If you can't put a context to that % then you've no hope anyway. What happens this season is what i care about. i'll judge him end of the season and accept we might lose the odd game and not wet the bed about it.

What is it that you love about him so much that you are so happy to ignore the football and results over? Is it the norwich legend thing that does it for you?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 14:05 - Dec 15 with 1959 viewsjas0999

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:52 - Dec 15 by Terry_Nutkins

I partly agree, but three wins in last fourteen isn’t great.
Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 14:24 - Dec 15 with 1936 viewsPJH

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 14:05 - Dec 15 by jas0999

I partly agree, but three wins in last fourteen isn’t great.

We need to win more than 28% of the next four games otherwise we will be swallowed up by the pack and still searching for form.

On the assumption that we beat Gillingham-surely we must do-we also have to win at least one of Portsmouth(a) Lincoln(a) and Wycombe (a) and hopefully not lose any of them.

At the moment Portsmouth and Wycombe are unbeaten at home.

Promotion did look as though it was going to be pretty comfortable not long ago but now it looks like it might be a struggle.

An improvement in results is needed very very soon.
Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 17:38 - Dec 15 with 1793 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:59 - Dec 15 by Bluefish

What is it that you love about him so much that you are so happy to ignore the football and results over? Is it the norwich legend thing that does it for you?

Why do I have to love him to talk common sense. That 28% has nothing to do with this season. He inherited a diabolical squad for the champ and I'm not sure Klopp or anyone would have got much change with that squad last season.

Doesn't it make more sense to look at THIS season when judging THIS season. Yes obviously. Anyone with any sense would do that. We are 2nd. Recent results are poor. Actually the Wycombe performance for example was decent and with a better ref we win and they lose. What we are looking at is a difficult patch. Nearly every team has them. It amazes me that grown men can turn so quickly. If we won out next 3 he's.flavour of month again. I don't love him, I'm just a bit fairer and more pragmatic.

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 17:47 - Dec 15 with 1769 viewsSwailsey

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 17:38 - Dec 15 by Terry_Nutkins

Why do I have to love him to talk common sense. That 28% has nothing to do with this season. He inherited a diabolical squad for the champ and I'm not sure Klopp or anyone would have got much change with that squad last season.

Doesn't it make more sense to look at THIS season when judging THIS season. Yes obviously. Anyone with any sense would do that. We are 2nd. Recent results are poor. Actually the Wycombe performance for example was decent and with a better ref we win and they lose. What we are looking at is a difficult patch. Nearly every team has them. It amazes me that grown men can turn so quickly. If we won out next 3 he's.flavour of month again. I don't love him, I'm just a bit fairer and more pragmatic.

That’s quite a strange way to look at it.

He took us down. I’m sure Klopp would have kept us up. As would others..

I’m not a PL outta fully, but PR aside, I don’t really rate him.

That win % is shiet, regardless of the squad he had.

It’s been done to death, but the sticks to beat him with are fair:

No style of football
Relegation without any fight
No goal threat
Poor signings last year
Poor win %
Poor at home
Constant rotation which has not helped
Postponing games for no reason which has not helped
Getting frustrated at reasonable comments
Not caring about the cup

The jury is out.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 17:59 - Dec 15 with 1744 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

People seem to forget we finished below Bolton last season...Bolton who were in dire straits.

He really hasn't done a good job, would Burley or Kuqi have done any worse.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 18:03 - Dec 15 with 1730 viewsPJH

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 17:47 - Dec 15 by Swailsey

No style of football
No goal threat
Poor signings last year
Poor win %
Poor at home
Not caring about the cup

The jury is out.

Actually he postponed the Oxford game because I asked him to so I got to fit an eleven day holiday in Scotland in without missing a match of any importance.
Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 18:51 - Dec 15 with 1665 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 17:47 - Dec 15 by Swailsey

No style of football
No goal threat
Poor signings last year
Poor win %
Poor at home
Not caring about the cup

The jury is out.

i'm not convinced Klopp would have kept us up. The squad was poor and worse, half of it lacked any experience in the division. I'm baffled you think my way of looking at it is strange.

So some perspective here, His win rate in league 1 this season is 52%. I just think that is a much better barometer of this season then lumping in the dire win % last season when he was lumped with an impossible job. This just seems common sense to me it really does.

I'm frustrated by the last 3 weeks. Of course, we want our team to win. But we're still havimg a good season and i'd back us to find form again.

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 18:59 - Dec 15 with 1631 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 18:51 - Dec 15 by Terry_Nutkins

i'm not convinced Klopp would have kept us up. The squad was poor and worse, half of it lacked any experience in the division. I'm baffled you think my way of looking at it is strange.

So some perspective here, His win rate in league 1 this season is 52%. I just think that is a much better barometer of this season then lumping in the dire win % last season when he was lumped with an impossible job. This just seems common sense to me it really does.

I'm frustrated by the last 3 weeks. Of course, we want our team to win. But we're still havimg a good season and i'd back us to find form again.

3 weeks? We’ve won 3 games since 9 October

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 19:04 - Dec 15 with 1615 viewsBluefish

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 18:51 - Dec 15 by Terry_Nutkins

Over half a season and a full transfer window. Just about every manager would have made a better go of it and many would have achieved it

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 19:38 - Dec 15 with 1550 viewsSwailsey

I think you’re being selective and I would argue that we have never found form to lose in the first place, but let’s agree to disagree.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 19:47 - Dec 15 with 1521 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 12:56 - Dec 15 by SitfcB

Yeah but he puts money behind the bar.

And don't forget, The Football Is Better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 21:28 - Dec 15 with 1364 viewsKeaneish

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 19:04 - Dec 15 by Bluefish

Over half a season and a full transfer window. Just about every manager would have made a better go of it and many would have achieved it

You want more than a 52% win % and second in the league? Every single town fan would have taken that at the start of the season. Yet here we are in our first sticky patch and a minority are calling for his head. Pitiful and sad in every respect.

It’s far from perfect and yes their are frailties but have some perspective. Two months ago you were lavishing praise his way, ficklefish.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 21:34 - Dec 15 with 1342 viewsSwailsey

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 21:28 - Dec 15 by Keaneish

You want more than a 52% win % and second in the league? Every single town fan would have taken that at the start of the season. Yet here we are in our first sticky patch and a minority are calling for his head. Pitiful and sad in every respect.

It’s far from perfect and yes their are frailties but have some perspective. Two months ago you were lavishing praise his way, ficklefish.

C’mon now, be respectful.

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 21:46 - Dec 15 with 1322 viewsKeaneish

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 21:34 - Dec 15 by Swailsey

C’mon now, be respectful.

Fair but calling for Lambert’s head in December deserves no respect in my view. It’s a nonsense shout given the perilous state this club is in. The bigger picture is we have to go up this season. Changing manager now would be the most idiotic decision ME has ever made and he’s made a few.

I read ficklefishes posts back earlier. No animosity toward PL until form dipped, quite the opposite in fact and now he’s creating polls about sacking the manager because we’ve met some tougher times...

Make of that what you wish. I’ve made my mind up.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 22:44 - Dec 15 with 1287 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 19:38 - Dec 15 by Swailsey

I think you’re being selective and I would argue that we have never found form to lose in the first place, but let’s agree to disagree.

I was being selective. Those are this season's results and that's what I'm judging him on as I said. I believe that to be the correct criteria to judge him on.

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 16 with 1015 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 19:04 - Dec 15 by Bluefish

The_Realist_09 has definitely swallowed the Fanzone free Koolaid.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 with 1013 viewsPJH

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

I get lots of downvotes from them, I assume the 09 is their year of birth.
Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:40 - Dec 16 with 992 viewsBluefish

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:28 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

Who is the realist 09? Can't see any posts from them?

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 with 984 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:40 - Dec 16 by Bluefish

Who is the realist 09? Can't see any posts from them?

Makes fewer posts than he does downvotes about people saying Nasty Things About Lambo.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/The_Realist_09/posts

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:43 - Dec 16 with 980 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:29 - Dec 16 by PJH

I get lots of downvotes from them, I assume the 09 is their year of birth.

Or their IQ...

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:45 - Dec 16 with 964 viewsBluefish

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:42 - Dec 16 by BlueBadger

Makes fewer posts than he does downvotes about people saying Nasty Things About Lambo.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/The_Realist_09/posts

Ah! I don't bother looking at up and down votes

Coincidentally rich the realist booed jim and mick out but is now saying it is ridiculous for anyone to be negative about PR Paul
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 13:46]

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 13:50 - Dec 16 with 941 viewsITFC_Forever

Paul Lambert has a 28% win record since arriving. 28%. (n/t) on 18:59 - Dec 15 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

3 weeks? We’ve won 3 games since 9 October

And none at home in the league since September.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024