Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the fence on Lambert * 14:57 - Dec 13 with 434 viewsGarv

He's right. The negativity is incredible considering where we are, and he's even more right when he says we have no divine right to win games or be promoted. We were dead last in the Championship, by a long way, so logic suggests we aren't going to run away with the League One title.

Many people seem to believe we have an unbelievable squad, but I'm really not sure. On paper maybe, but our most important player is Norwood who has not played at this level properly before, and Jackson stepped up from L2 to the Championship and struggled. The squad is good, but not incredible. Remember, the likes of Bishop, Lankester and Sears were some of the main reasons we were optimistic about facing the challenge this year, and we've not seen any of them.

What I would say to counter this, is Lambert has dug himself a bit of a hole when it comes to positivity vs negativity. He often says we are 'a right good team' and the players have been doing fantastic. At times we've really not looked it, and he must know this. I'm surprised he's quite as defensive as he is about the general feeling amongst fans and journos.

*When I say 'on the fence' I don't mean about his position, just his comments.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 14:58]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

On the fence on Lambert * on 17:30 - Dec 13 with 352 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

youre allowed to say that the current form isnt very good! its a fact.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024