Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Labour leader prediction thread 10:55 - Dec 13 with 5869 viewsunbelievablue

Go.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 10:58 - Dec 13 with 2123 viewsBlueBadger

Depends how quick the Dear Leader is ousted - the quicker he goes, the more likely we are to see someone who is a vaguely sensible choice.
The longer he lingers, the more the narrative grows that he was hard done by and therefore 'we should go for the same but different' grows and they elect someone like utterly toxic like McDonnell.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 11:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 10:59 - Dec 13 with 2117 viewsunbelievablue

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 10:58 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

Depends how quick the Dear Leader is ousted - the quicker he goes, the more likely we are to see someone who is a vaguely sensible choice.
The longer he lingers, the more the narrative grows that he was hard done by and therefore 'we should go for the same but different' grows and they elect someone like utterly toxic like McDonnell.

Get off the fence badger!

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 10:59 - Dec 13 with 2120 viewsStokieBlue

"BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said Mr Corbyn was not intending to resign and it could take until April for a leadership contest to take place."

What is the point of that? By then they will have talked themselves round to the view they did absolutely nothing wrong. Also don't think JC should be facing off against Boris at PMQs - we need someone new challenging him.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:00 - Dec 13 with 2106 viewsBLUEGOLD

I’m always impressed by Angela Rayner, she speaks with heart and passion.

I expect it to be either Keir Starmer or Rebecca Long Bailey
Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:01 - Dec 13 with 2100 viewsclive_baker

Keir Starmer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:02 - Dec 13 with 2086 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 10:59 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

"BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said Mr Corbyn was not intending to resign and it could take until April for a leadership contest to take place."

What is the point of that? By then they will have talked themselves round to the view they did absolutely nothing wrong. Also don't think JC should be facing off against Boris at PMQs - we need someone new challenging him.

SB

Corbyn is a very selfish man and cares only about power.

"For the few (himself), not the many."

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:05 - Dec 13 with 2075 viewsitfcjoe

Hopefully Keir Starmer, but the front bench seem to be blaming everything but themselves so could see them tripling down on this with another Corbynista

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:08 - Dec 13 with 2057 viewsWeWereZombies

In the most astonishing cross bench move of all time and after failing to 'get Brexit done' Boris Johnson is ousted from the Conservative Party by the new leadership team of Phil Hammond and Amber Rudd but gets solace when a decision by Momentum that a stronger personality than Corbyn would have won it for them decides on Johnson as their leader...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:11 - Dec 13 with 2038 viewsgiant_stow

Disband the fcker and the Lib Dems too. A new grand centre left alliance led / moderated by the Green party please.

(I know this is pie in the sky, but how else will the Tories be beaten next time? Green issues are what decent people can coalesce around)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:12 - Dec 13 with 2037 viewsWD19

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:05 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Hopefully Keir Starmer, but the front bench seem to be blaming everything but themselves so could see them tripling down on this with another Corbynista

The importance of being 'right' in their own hive mind, rather than actually winning the argument is what continues to hamper them. If you are being generous you would call it 'conviction politics'. If you are being critical it is simply electoral suicide which consigns you to opposition for all eternity.

I fully expect them to dither, delay and then try and crowbar in Long-Bailey and carry on.
Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:14 - Dec 13 with 2021 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nothing will change as long as McDonnell remains.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:17 - Dec 13 with 2004 viewschicoazul

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:01 - Dec 13 by clive_baker

Keir Starmer.

He'd be insane to do it. Labour have already lost the next election.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:18 - Dec 13 with 2004 viewsgiant_stow

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:17 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

He'd be insane to do it. Labour have already lost the next election.

disband it - its dead.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:19 - Dec 13 with 1998 viewshampstead_blue

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:14 - Dec 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nothing will change as long as McDonnell remains.

Is he the one pulling JC's chain?

I am aghast at JC/JM's brass neck. Blaming Brexit is an insult to Labour voters intelligence, well those who aren't on the hard left/kool aid.

One problem is that now the far left have their claws into the party, they will be hard to get rid of.

JC and his group have to go. The constant denial is embarrassing.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:20 - Dec 13 with 1994 viewstractordownsouth

Jess Phillips. We desperately need a Leader from outside London.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:21 - Dec 13 with 1999 viewsStokieBlue

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:05 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Momentum are in control and they tweeted yesterday they aren't going anywhere. That was met with angry responses from lots of Labour MPs saying they owned the result.

At the same time Alan Johnson and another ex-MP were laying into Lansman on ITV.

Unless the Momentum issue is resolved one way or the other Labour are done for. Having one section of the party calling anyone who doesn't agree with them totally a "red Tory" and telling them to go vote for the Tories has been proven to be a terrible idea.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:24 - Dec 13 with 1985 viewsBlueNomad

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:02 - Dec 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Corbyn is a very selfish man and cares only about power.

"For the few (himself), not the many."

What?

Glad we've got a PM who clearly never puts himself first. I was a bit worried that wouldn't be the case.

Starmer should lead the party asap
Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:28 - Dec 13 with 1968 viewsGeoffSentence

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:11 - Dec 13 by giant_stow

Disband the fcker and the Lib Dems too. A new grand centre left alliance led / moderated by the Green party please.

(I know this is pie in the sky, but how else will the Tories be beaten next time? Green issues are what decent people can coalesce around)

I wouldnt call the greens centre left, they are pretty radical lefties

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:31 - Dec 13 with 1959 viewsSWGF

Going to be a difficult sell and someone who's in it for the long-run given, as Neil pointed out to McDonnell last night, they've pretty much lost 2024 as well, considering the turnaround that would be required.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:33 - Dec 13 with 1945 viewschicoazul

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:18 - Dec 13 by giant_stow

disband it - its dead.

No, i dont think that either. Politics is cyclical, I remember many people saying the Tories were dead after 2001. What Labour need to do is find a leader who can keep "Boris" and his cronies on their toes for 5 years or whatever it turns out to be, before finding a true Leader - a patriot, friendly to business, who has personal warmth and a batallion of loyal outriders who know how the media works - to lead them to glorious victory in 2029 (by which time I will probably be dead).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:33 - Dec 13 with 1940 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:24 - Dec 13 by BlueNomad

What?

Glad we've got a PM who clearly never puts himself first. I was a bit worried that wouldn't be the case.

Starmer should lead the party asap

My post was about Labour and Cor(has)byn, not a Tory post.

Like it or not, the Tories have had a landslide victory and are not looking for a new leader.

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:34 - Dec 13 with 1943 viewsChondzoresk

Andy Burnham. Mayor of Manchester.
Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:39 - Dec 13 with 1925 viewsGuthrum

One of the Labour parties will be run by someone like Starmer, the other by a Momentum loyalist picked by Len McCluskey.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:42 - Dec 13 with 1913 viewslongtimefan

Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:33 - Dec 13 by chicoazul

No, i dont think that either. Politics is cyclical, I remember many people saying the Tories were dead after 2001. What Labour need to do is find a leader who can keep "Boris" and his cronies on their toes for 5 years or whatever it turns out to be, before finding a true Leader - a patriot, friendly to business, who has personal warmth and a batallion of loyal outriders who know how the media works - to lead them to glorious victory in 2029 (by which time I will probably be dead).

I don’t think it either. Plenty of opportunity for a Brexit disaster to cause a massive turnaround in party fortunes in the next 5 years!
Next Labour leader prediction thread on 11:44 - Dec 13 with 1905 viewsGlasgowBlue

The far left have been working to get control of the Labour Party since Kinnock though out Militant in the 1980’s. Do you honestly think they will let go of it so easily.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024