Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to the Conservatives. 06:44 - Dec 13 with 2135 viewsDanTheMan

I really do hope with their strong majority they prove me wrong and actually improve the country after a decade of austerity.

Oh and sort out Brexit properly. No excuses this time.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:04 - Dec 13 with 1502 viewshype313

Indeed, a period of settlement is needed, a period of reflection for the parties that lost and hopefully some unity within the country.

Think I'm being a bit too optimistic....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:07 - Dec 13 with 1490 viewswkj

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:04 - Dec 13 by hype313

Indeed, a period of settlement is needed, a period of reflection for the parties that lost and hopefully some unity within the country.

It will be sad needing a passport to watch town games, but fk me having Lorne for breakfast is worth it.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:08 - Dec 13 with 1484 viewsBloomBlue

The irony is he can now continue the next phase of the brexit negotiations with the EU with the strength of a large majority when Merkel/her party and Macron are under real pressure in Germany and France
Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:19 - Dec 13 with 1445 viewsNewcyBlue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:04 - Dec 13 by hype313

Good to see you mate. How are you?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:20 - Dec 13 with 1443 viewsSteve_M

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:08 - Dec 13 by BloomBlue

The irony is he can now continue the next phase of the brexit negotiations with the EU with the strength of a large majority when Merkel/her party and Macron are under real pressure in Germany and France

You do realise that the strength of the EU comes from the weight of 27 countries against one don't you?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:21 - Dec 13 with 1434 viewsDubtractor

I'm half hoping that with a big majority he won't have to be so influenced by the erg loons.

I suspect I'm wrong.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:22 - Dec 13 with 1422 viewsNewcyBlue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:20 - Dec 13 by Steve_M

You do realise that the strength of the EU comes from the weight of 27 countries against one don't you?

He can’t count that high

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:23 - Dec 13 with 1417 viewsStokieBlue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:21 - Dec 13 by Dubtractor

I'm half hoping that with a big majority he won't have to be so influenced by the erg loons.

I suspect I'm wrong.

Marr made this point last night.

He can now ignore them and decide whether to go now centralist or stay right.

He could also go for a softer brexit.

As you say though, he probably won't.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:23 - Dec 13 with 1416 viewsmonytowbray

I suspect I'm wrong.

Brexit won’t happen. If it does it’s going to leave a lot of those who wanted it scratching their heads about who they blame now they can’t just point fingers at foreigners.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:23 - Dec 13 with 1419 viewsDubtractor

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:20 - Dec 13 by Steve_M

The irony being that in trying to make a clever point, he actually made a dim one.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:24 - Dec 13 with 1408 viewsBlueNomad

I suspect I'm wrong.

They are all loons. That’s why they had their purge.
Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:28 - Dec 13 with 1397 viewsStokieBlue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:23 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

Brexit won’t happen. If it does it’s going to leave a lot of those who wanted it scratching their heads about who they blame now they can’t just point fingers at foreigners.

You don't think brexit will happen now?

It's the wrong thing to happen in my opinion but it's head in sand stuff to say it's not going to happen now.

SB

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:31 - Dec 13 with 1382 viewswkj

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:28 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

It's the wrong thing to happen in my opinion but it's head in sand stuff to say it's not going to happen now.

SB

Boris will probably make that his first port of call, calling up Brussels and having cameras on hand to take stills. Brexit is happening, now it is a matter of how well the post article 50 negotiations go.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:36 - Dec 13 with 1363 viewsSteve_M

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:23 - Dec 13 by Dubtractor

The irony being that in trying to make a clever point, he actually made a dim one.....

It will be easier to get a deal - any deal - through the Commons. The details won't matter, it'll just be a case of getting something done. There's a fair argument we'll end up in some kind of 'permanent transition' for years - in alignment with the EU as to change that messes up whole sections of the economy but without the option of rejoining .

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:37 - Dec 13 with 1360 viewsmonytowbray

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:28 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

SB

2021 at the earliest the press are saying. It’ll be delayed and delayed and delayed. There’s no viable way of doing it. We’ve tried for 3 years and failed. Johnson isn’t the magic solution. He’s less likely to get anything done than May.

Really Leavers should be holding him more accountable for a deal that reflects his 2016 campaigning but they won’t. It’s all pie in the sky slogans more than ever now.

TWTD never forgets…

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:40 - Dec 13 with 1343 viewssparks

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:23 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

Marr made this point last night.

He can now ignore them and decide whether to go now centralist or stay right.

He could also go for a softer brexit.

As you say though, he probably won't.

SB

Apart from the fact that they have culled more moderate members and replaced them with boris supporters.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:42 - Dec 13 with 1334 viewsjimmyvet

I suspect I'm wrong.

I think and hope your right
Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:43 - Dec 13 with 1337 viewsStokieBlue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:37 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

2021 at the earliest the press are saying. It’ll be delayed and delayed and delayed. There’s no viable way of doing it. We’ve tried for 3 years and failed. Johnson isn’t the magic solution. He’s less likely to get anything done than May.

Really Leavers should be holding him more accountable for a deal that reflects his 2016 campaigning but they won’t. It’s all pie in the sky slogans more than ever now.

That's for the trading relationship. We will leave end of January. They failed for 3 years because the Tories didn't have a majority. They have a whopping one now so that point doesn't really doesn't stand up anymore.

Not sure how you can say he's less likely to get things done than May given that.

The EU are in a position of power though so deal might take years.

SB

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:46 - Dec 13 with 1328 viewsmonytowbray

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:43 - Dec 13 by StokieBlue

That's for the trading relationship. We will leave end of January. They failed for 3 years because the Tories didn't have a majority. They have a whopping one now so that point doesn't really doesn't stand up anymore.

Not sure how you can say he's less likely to get things done than May given that.

The EU are in a position of power though so deal might take years.

SB

I don’t think even Johnson is stupid enough to play the no deal bluff card though. He’s not into career suicide.

TWTD never forgets…

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:58 - Dec 13 with 1314 viewsStokieBlue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 07:46 - Dec 13 by monytowbray

I don’t think even Johnson is stupid enough to play the no deal bluff card though. He’s not into career suicide.

Where did I say that? He doesn't need to threaten that anymore.

I think you've fundamentally misunderstood the position we are in now. These are points from Thursday night.

SB

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:06 - Dec 13 with 1296 viewsGeoffSentence

The silver lining is that those on the far right of the tory party hold less sway now.

Here's hoping that we see a gentler, kinder conservative party.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:10 - Dec 13 with 1289 viewsartsbossbeard

Whilst I could never bring myself to type that title, your underlying text is spot on.

Just need to make sure that this elected bunch keep to their manifesto promises, oh and end this awful austerity drive.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:17 - Dec 13 with 1245 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:06 - Dec 13 by GeoffSentence

The silver lining is that those on the far right of the tory party hold less sway now.

I will forever blame your Mrs!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:18 - Dec 13 with 1241 viewsGeoffSentence

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:17 - Dec 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

I will forever blame your Mrs!

She has been disciplined.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:20 - Dec 13 with 1227 viewsSwansea_Blue

Congratulations to the Conservatives. on 08:06 - Dec 13 by GeoffSentence

Except the dog whisltling, racist in charge of course. But lets see what he does with his cabinet. If the moderates are allowed back in then I'l revise my opinion, but if he plumbs for a similar cabinet to last time it will still be one of the most far righ, xenophobic governments we've ever had.

If the result was reversed here people would be going nuts. It's like water off their backs with 'jolly old Boris' though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024