Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations 14:17 - Dec 12 with 862 viewsGuthrum

The situation with the NZ volcano, where locals are demanding that rescue personnel risk their lives by going onto the island (despite warnings of increasing danger) to retrieve the bodies of those who are already dead. Fair enough if there was any chance of survivors, but there isn't.

Why is there this urgent need to collect the remains, when it could lead to further - IMO unnecessary - deaths?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:22 - Dec 12 with 834 viewsBackToRussia

Too right. They also chose to go to an incredibly active volcano and then walk inside the crater.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:30 - Dec 12 with 801 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems a bit much to ask people to put their lives on the line for no reason other than recovery of bodies. Although obviously it's highly emotive and some people worry about things like that. Personally, I wouldn't give a monkeys but people can be strange about the dead.

There'll be some kick butt later around the issue of why tourists were being taken there during a heightened stage of alert, that's for sure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:32 - Dec 12 with 795 viewsgiant_stow

are they worried anotrher eruption will cover the bodies?

i read the other dasy that the helicopter tours bloke who rescued loads of bods was pissed off about beurocracy blocking him going back. maybe they should just send him over?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:36 - Dec 12 with 785 viewshampstead_blue

The first rule of First Aid.....'Don't become a casualty yourself'

Grief is powerful and pragmatism can seem cruel. Sorry but tough. If I were the medic in charge I'd leave it until the geologists gave me a 'proper' all clear.

The bodies aren't going anywhere. (humour warning, as a combat medic it is dark)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:38 - Dec 12 with 773 viewsDanTheMan

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:36 - Dec 12 by hampstead_blue

The first rule of First Aid.....'Don't become a casualty yourself'

Grief is powerful and pragmatism can seem cruel. Sorry but tough. If I were the medic in charge I'd leave it until the geologists gave me a 'proper' all clear.

The bodies aren't going anywhere. (humour warning, as a combat medic it is dark)

I can also think of worse places to be buried.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 15:17 - Dec 12 with 712 viewshampstead_blue

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:38 - Dec 12 by DanTheMan

My twisted sense of hour just went into overdrive.....I won't post the mutterings as it might offend someone.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 16:01 - Dec 12 with 662 viewsPendejo

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 14:38 - Dec 12 by DanTheMan

I have to say it... if one of my relatives had died on that Island I'd demand they were left there. The expense of a "case vac*" to UK then funeral... when you can just skip to the wake and properly celebrate their life

*not the right phrase in this instance but couldn't think of a more appropriate one.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 16:06 - Dec 12 with 653 viewsIpswichKnight

There is a risk that the bodies will be entombed like Pompeii if it rains on top of further eruptions. I can understand relatives wanting the closure of burying loved ones and being able to mourn them properly.
Login to get fewer ads

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 18:19 - Dec 12 with 614 viewsGuthrum

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations on 16:06 - Dec 12 by IpswichKnight

There is a risk that the bodies will be entombed like Pompeii if it rains on top of further eruptions. I can understand relatives wanting the closure of burying loved ones and being able to mourn them properly.

Yes, I understand that, too, but is that important enough to get people killed over it, creating more grieving families?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Difficult topic, but IMO some unreasonable expectations (n/t) on 20:19 - Dec 12 with 553 viewshampstead_blue

I cannot believe the NZ forces are sending people in there to get dead bodies.

Sorry but in my real life experience that is wrong. It's driven by emotion and that is lethal in these scenarios.

Get them out and back to safety. They will still be dead in a week or so or when it calms down.

Have a reality pill. This is wrong.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 20:21]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024