Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning 09:55 - Dec 12 with 841 viewsGuthrum

Not actually from the Conservatives ("working4uk"), doesn't mention them by name, but denigrates all other parties and prints a load of alarmist statements about money.

They really ought to ban these organisations - evidently allied to political parties - from sidestepping the rules about campaigning on the day (and the overall financial restrictions).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:02 - Dec 12 with 807 viewsDanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50458111

Thought I'd heard of these before.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:04 - Dec 12 with 799 viewsEdwardStone

There might be some small print somewhere that actually gives details of who has "promoted" the leaflet and also the name and address of the printer

It has to be there according to election law.....not sure what the protocol is if they have failed to provide this info

I imagine Tories are running scared in the upmarket leafiness of your home town
Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:05 - Dec 12 with 801 viewsWD19

Whilst I feel your pain, I am not sure banning people (or groups) from having an opinion (and maybe stuffing it through your door) is desirable in the bigger scheme of things.....or more practically....even possible.

For example, somebody can be a supporter of ITFC and Essex CCC at the same time. Preventing them using Essex CCC to drop subtle messages about supporting ITFC and not those nasty budgies is nigh on impossible I would have thought.
Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:07 - Dec 12 with 785 viewsWeWereZombies

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:02 - Dec 12 by DanTheMan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50458111

Thought I'd heard of these before.

Yet another reason to have nothing to do with FaceBook.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:11 - Dec 12 with 774 viewsSwansea_Blue

Working4UK was "registered on 14 November by Suraj Sharma, a property developer who is also a Conservative councillor in Bromley, south east London". Apparently.

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/general-election-2019-lobbyist-brexit-party-

Where there are clear links to a political party these should be declared under the party's spend, whichever side. I'm not sure how that would be policed, but something should be done. It is pure campaigning.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:16 - Dec 12 with 756 viewsGuthrum

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:05 - Dec 12 by WD19

Whilst I feel your pain, I am not sure banning people (or groups) from having an opinion (and maybe stuffing it through your door) is desirable in the bigger scheme of things.....or more practically....even possible.

For example, somebody can be a supporter of ITFC and Essex CCC at the same time. Preventing them using Essex CCC to drop subtle messages about supporting ITFC and not those nasty budgies is nigh on impossible I would have thought.

There aren't legal spending limits on advertising for football or cricket clubs, neither are there restrictions about when you can leaflet.

At what point does someone go from being a supporter of a political party to actively part of their campaign? Surely anybody putting on a campaign on their behalf should be subject to the same rules, otherwise they become a nonsense?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:25 - Dec 12 with 730 viewsITFC_Forever

Conservatives are going hard for the Ipswich seat - had at least half-a-dozen leaflets through the door from them, but only a couple for Sandy.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:44 - Dec 12 with 710 viewsDanTheMan

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:16 - Dec 12 by Guthrum

There aren't legal spending limits on advertising for football or cricket clubs, neither are there restrictions about when you can leaflet.

At what point does someone go from being a supporter of a political party to actively part of their campaign? Surely anybody putting on a campaign on their behalf should be subject to the same rules, otherwise they become a nonsense?

" otherwise they become a nonsense"

I think we both know we've gone beyond the point where things are nonsense.

You can lie without any repercussions, you can openly work round the spending limits without an issue. Even if you get caught doing it in the most flagrant fashions, the fines are so minuscule as to not even worry about.

Login to get fewer ads

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:45 - Dec 12 with 700 viewsReuser_is_God

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:25 - Dec 12 by ITFC_Forever

Conservatives are going hard for the Ipswich seat - had at least half-a-dozen leaflets through the door from them, but only a couple for Sandy.

Really? I’ve had about a dozen from Sandy but fcuk all from Tom Hunt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:46 - Dec 12 with 696 viewsITFC_Forever

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:45 - Dec 12 by Reuser_is_God

Really? I’ve had about a dozen from Sandy but fcuk all from Tom Hunt.

Tom Hunt wants me baaaaaddd.

If ever there's a rhyming slang of a name....

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 20:41 - Dec 12 with 604 viewsDanTheMan

Just thought I'd mention, a bunch of illegal posters were put up in my constituency by this group this morning. Bunch of the other parties were up early trying to take them down.

EDIT: Seems this has happened in multiple cities across the UK. Unbelievable.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 20:42]

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 20:45 - Dec 12 with 583 viewsDubtractor

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 10:25 - Dec 12 by ITFC_Forever

Whereabouts in town are you?

I'm IP3 and have had the opposite - lots from Sandy and not a lot from Tom thyming slang.

Not a peep from any of the other parties other than one half hearted Brexit party effort.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 22:24 - Dec 12 with 524 viewsITFC_Forever

Had one dubious leaflet through the door this morning on 20:45 - Dec 12 by Dubtractor

Whereabouts in town are you?

I'm IP3 and have had the opposite - lots from Sandy and not a lot from Tom thyming slang.

Not a peep from any of the other parties other than one half hearted Brexit party effort.

IP2, towards the bottom of Belstead Rd.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024