Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? 14:13 - Dec 11 with 1614 viewsGeoffSentence

I know that they are generally pretty tough on bus lane abuse and will send off fines for entering one. Does this apply in the wee small hours when there are no buses running.

I inadvertantly drove into one at 3:30am the other day and am expecting something through the door any day now, but what I my chances of getting away with it?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 14:27 - Dec 11 with 1585 viewswerringtonblue

I needed to find a hotel in the middle of Colchester last year. Had no idea how to find the place so relied on Sat Nav which took me down a bus lane which I didn't even notice at the time. I got a fine - from memory £60, reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days..... sorry to say, I expect your wallet to be lighter soon

Edit: tough at 3.30 am, I don't know if lanes are only restricted at certain times - hope you are OK - you were not exactly stopping busses running
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 14:31]
Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 14:33 - Dec 11 with 1567 viewssotd78

Nayland Road?

My wife got a PCN for straying ten metres into one before she realised what she'd done.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 15:33 - Dec 11 with 1526 viewsitfcjoe

My mate's wife got a fine on the one at the bottom of North Hill - this was around lunch time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 15:47 - Dec 11 with 1495 viewsGeoffSentence

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 15:33 - Dec 11 by itfcjoe

My mate's wife got a fine on the one at the bottom of North Hill - this was around lunch time

Pretty much where I was , Middlebrough I think it was. It is a while since I have taken that route and I just drove the way I used to not realising that sometime in the intervening years they have made it a bus lane.

I am braced for a fine, but clinging on to the faint hope that they will see common sense and that at that time of night it wouldn't hinder the buses in anyway, since there were none running.

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 20:17 - Jan 21 with 1285 viewsGeoffSentence

I haven't had anything through the post, so I am guessing that my bus lane transgression has gone unpunished.

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 20:57 - Jan 21 with 1236 viewsbadadski

Yeah super stringent and the cameras are in weird places.
Was it the one coming off the round about, close to train station? If so the camera is in the hardwore superstore, cant remember if its a wickes or screwfix but either way i got caught by that.

Only £30 mind you, i was half a sleep and went down the lane by mistake, i even realised and turned around in the road and came back out the way i came but couldn't be bothered to contest for the sake of £30.
Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 10:35 - Jan 22 with 1108 viewsGeoffSentence

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 20:57 - Jan 21 by badadski

Yeah super stringent and the cameras are in weird places.
Was it the one coming off the round about, close to train station? If so the camera is in the hardwore superstore, cant remember if its a wickes or screwfix but either way i got caught by that.

Only £30 mind you, i was half a sleep and went down the lane by mistake, i even realised and turned around in the road and came back out the way i came but couldn't be bothered to contest for the sake of £30.

That was the one, but it looks like the fact it was 3:30 in the morning saved my £30 worth of bacon as it has been over a month and I have not had a fine.

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 11:27 - Jan 22 with 1081 viewsbadadski

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 10:35 - Jan 22 by GeoffSentence

That was the one, but it looks like the fact it was 3:30 in the morning saved my £30 worth of bacon as it has been over a month and I have not had a fine.

Yeah mine was pretty quick from recollection, within 2 weeks after when it happened. Like you say, the time probably saved you as a lot of them only enforce during busier times.
Login to get fewer ads

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 12:12 - Jan 22 with 1025 viewsflimflam

I believe but may be incorrect that certain hours you are allowed to use bus lanes, in fact it is encouraged to allow traffic to flow.

No idea what hours but guess it varies from place to place.

Not in Colchester so it seems
https://www.essexhighways.org/highway-schemes-and-developments/completed-schemes
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 12:18]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 12:52 - Jan 22 with 978 viewsGeoffSentence

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 12:12 - Jan 22 by flimflam

I believe but may be incorrect that certain hours you are allowed to use bus lanes, in fact it is encouraged to allow traffic to flow.

No idea what hours but guess it varies from place to place.

Not in Colchester so it seems
https://www.essexhighways.org/highway-schemes-and-developments/completed-schemes
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 12:18]

According to that I should have received a fine as the lanes are in use 24 hours a day.

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 15:50 - Jan 22 with 912 viewsflimflam

Any Colchester folk on here know how stringent they are with bus lanes? on 12:52 - Jan 22 by GeoffSentence

According to that I should have received a fine as the lanes are in use 24 hours a day.

It does appear so. May of dodged a bullet there then.

I know most bus lanes are only restricted between certain hours but seem to be different hours from town to town.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024