Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again 11:07 - Dec 11 with 1499 viewsHARRY10

Dodges an interview by hiding in a fridge

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-hides-fridge-genera

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:10 - Dec 11 with 1148 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well that's a bit bizarre

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:13 - Dec 11 with 1131 viewsclive_baker

Imagine knowing that any PR will only serve to reduce your appeal, rather than viewing it as a great opportunity the day before people go to the polls. He's such a clueless tw@t that the downside potential far outweighs any benefit of him being interviewed on TV. It really does say it all about him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:17 - Dec 11 with 1111 viewshampstead_blue

When you stop spinning you might get your senses back.

He was doorstepped and a clear stunt to tease out that reaction. They knew exactly what they were doing.

I do also recall JC running away when asked by a member of the clergy which terrorist leader he would invite to the HoP if he got elected.

This kind of stunt is as old as the hills. You need to get out more my friend.
The presenters reactions are ridiculous.....Morgan? What a stunt......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:17 - Dec 11 with 1109 viewswkj

To be honest, this is the most rational thing Boris has done, avoiding talking to Peirs Morgan.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:23 - Dec 11 with 1088 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:13 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

Imagine knowing that any PR will only serve to reduce your appeal, rather than viewing it as a great opportunity the day before people go to the polls. He's such a clueless tw@t that the downside potential far outweighs any benefit of him being interviewed on TV. It really does say it all about him.

I think dodging Piers Morgan is a bad move, his audience are the sort who would vote for Boris because he 'says it as it is'. They won't like this and Piers will ramp it up all morning and all across social media that Boris is a coward.

That could be a big moment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:24 - Dec 11 with 1089 viewsSteve_M

This tweet is nicely done:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:27 - Dec 11 with 1069 viewsHARRY10

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:17 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

He was doorstepped and a clear stunt to tease out that reaction. They knew exactly what they were doing.

I do also recall JC running away when asked by a member of the clergy which terrorist leader he would invite to the HoP if he got elected.

Hampstead Blue - whose dogged defence of his masters is about as convincing as the pet shop owner in the Parrot Sketch

Still, I'm sure a few crumbs will fall from the table if he waits long enough
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:29 - Dec 11 with 1067 viewsParky

I watched this whilst getting ready for work this morning. Now, I'm no Boris Johnson fan; but why should he speak to Piers Morgan just because one of his reporters demands it there and then?

Boris was at a pre-organised PR stunt, absolutely nothing to do with Good Morning Britain. I don't get where this sense of entitlement has come from that he HAS to do what Piers Morgan says.

The way the reporter was running around pushing past the aids was a very cringey watch.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 11:30]
Login to get fewer ads

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:31 - Dec 11 with 1046 viewshampstead_blue

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:27 - Dec 11 by HARRY10

Hampstead Blue - whose dogged defence of his masters is about as convincing as the pet shop owner in the Parrot Sketch

Still, I'm sure a few crumbs will fall from the table if he waits long enough

I am not defending BJ. I don't want him as Tory leader.

I like crumbs. When I collect many I make things out of them. Last week I made a funny hat. Not sure what it will be this week.

In all seriousness, both leaders have been set-up with these stunts. It proves nowt. Je was about to start a speech to an audience who got out of bed early. GMB just wanted to create a little wave they can surf and sell more adverts.

It's a bit puerile and cheap. Like I said, JC did the same and I think the Vicar got a week in hell for it.

Cheap nasty tat.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:31 - Dec 11 with 1046 viewsHalf_Idiot

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:17 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

Are you seriously comparing BJ simply being asked to talk to GMB to JC being asked an utterly ridiculous question that deserves no response?
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:35 - Dec 11 with 1036 viewshampstead_blue

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:31 - Dec 11 by Half_Idiot

Are you seriously comparing BJ simply being asked to talk to GMB to JC being asked an utterly ridiculous question that deserves no response?

I am stating that he was doorstepped whilst going into a preplanned speech.
It's a stunt. Hello.......

Look beyond the stunt and think of a motive....Morgan doesn't want to have a reasoned conversation. He just wants to increase his viewers and income.

Read the replies please. It's easy and predictable. If I were going into a meeting and was doorstepped like that I'd walk away.

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:36 - Dec 11 with 1032 viewsclive_baker

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:23 - Dec 11 by itfcjoe

I think dodging Piers Morgan is a bad move, his audience are the sort who would vote for Boris because he 'says it as it is'. They won't like this and Piers will ramp it up all morning and all across social media that Boris is a coward.

That could be a big moment

Yep, they're also probably not the audience to scrutinise too heavily the content of what he's saying, if he just stood there and addressed them. He literally could've stood in front of the camera's for 2 minutes. 'I've got 2 minutes for you then I must get on with my milk round', follow up with a few 'get brexit done' soundbites and puns about 'delivering' and walk off. He's PM FFS. Compare that to Farage for example, he was in the faces of everyone the day before the Brexit referendum, he's a phenomenal campaigner, charismatic, and an encyclopedic knowledge of his subject. I didn't and still don't agree that we should be leaving, but I can see why he achieved what he did. Boris is clueless, gutless and a complete fraud, and dodging these interviews is further evidence of that.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:37 - Dec 11 with 1033 viewswkj

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:29 - Dec 11 by Parky

I watched this whilst getting ready for work this morning. Now, I'm no Boris Johnson fan; but why should he speak to Piers Morgan just because one of his reporters demands it there and then?

Boris was at a pre-organised PR stunt, absolutely nothing to do with Good Morning Britain. I don't get where this sense of entitlement has come from that he HAS to do what Piers Morgan says.

The way the reporter was running around pushing past the aids was a very cringey watch.

Lets face it, ethical behavior is well and truely out of the window in many ways politically. Boris is a big boy, given his hard man campaign he aught to be able to roll with the punches coming his way.

That said, his advisers know full well Boris needs to stay away from tough interviews as he will flap if pressed too hard.

Crybaby

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:42 - Dec 11 with 1020 viewsHalf_Idiot

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:35 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

Look beyond the stunt and think of a motive....Morgan doesn't want to have a reasoned conversation. He just wants to increase his viewers and income.

Read the replies please. It's easy and predictable. If I were going into a meeting and was doorstepped like that I'd walk away.

I think the outrage is more to do with his minders reaction which is completely unnecessary.

What I'm struggling to understand is why you think bringing up JC being asked a stupid question has any relevance to this matter?

Out of interest, what terrorist leader are you inviting round for christmas dinner?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 11:48]
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:47 - Dec 11 with 1008 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:36 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

Yep, they're also probably not the audience to scrutinise too heavily the content of what he's saying, if he just stood there and addressed them. He literally could've stood in front of the camera's for 2 minutes. 'I've got 2 minutes for you then I must get on with my milk round', follow up with a few 'get brexit done' soundbites and puns about 'delivering' and walk off. He's PM FFS. Compare that to Farage for example, he was in the faces of everyone the day before the Brexit referendum, he's a phenomenal campaigner, charismatic, and an encyclopedic knowledge of his subject. I didn't and still don't agree that we should be leaving, but I can see why he achieved what he did. Boris is clueless, gutless and a complete fraud, and dodging these interviews is further evidence of that.

Spot on

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:49 - Dec 11 with 995 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:36 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

Tell Piers and Susannah I'm late for my next engagement, but I'll be delighted to come and have a sit down with them when I'm prime Minister next week, as long as it doesn't get in the way of me Getting Brexit Done! *Walks off*

Their advisers manage them within an inch of their ife, and you can see why to an extent with Boris, but why he is/was popular as he seemed to be able to handle things off the cuff. He's got a straight jacket on and it doesn't suit him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:53 - Dec 11 with 975 viewswkj

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:49 - Dec 11 by itfcjoe

Tell Piers and Susannah I'm late for my next engagement, but I'll be delighted to come and have a sit down with them when I'm prime Minister next week, as long as it doesn't get in the way of me Getting Brexit Done! *Walks off*

Their advisers manage them within an inch of their ife, and you can see why to an extent with Boris, but why he is/was popular as he seemed to be able to handle things off the cuff. He's got a straight jacket on and it doesn't suit him

* Tell Piers and Susannah I'm late for my next engagement, but I'll be delighted to come and have a sit down with them when Dominic Cummings is prime Minister next week

Crybaby

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:59 - Dec 11 with 964 viewsHARRY10

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:31 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

I am not defending BJ. I don't want him as Tory leader.

I like crumbs. When I collect many I make things out of them. Last week I made a funny hat. Not sure what it will be this week.

In all seriousness, both leaders have been set-up with these stunts. It proves nowt. Je was about to start a speech to an audience who got out of bed early. GMB just wanted to create a little wave they can surf and sell more adverts.

It's a bit puerile and cheap. Like I said, JC did the same and I think the Vicar got a week in hell for it.

Cheap nasty tat.

It was not a stunt - it was an attempt to get Johnson to speak to the rest of us via the media.

If he was confident about his policies and plans he would have welcomed the chance. But as with Andrew Neil those running him know he is not up to it, nor are those intentions up to any rigorous challenge. Johnson spent the months leading up to this election chopping and changing, backtracking and making claims that never were (or could be) carried through.

The past week or so has exposed his position as little more than an endless repeating of some vacuous slogan while filling in with wildly innaccurate figures that seem to be made up as he goes. He certainly does not have an affinity with voters, and as with the deaths at London Bridge cannot see beyond his own crass, narcissim.

That others have to be keeping voters away from him doesn't suggest a man who is up to the job. But someone who is way out of his depth, and would continue to be so were he to be the next PM.

Post up as much 'whataboutery as you wish HP but the evidence that the Emperor has no clothes is there for all to see. He is not up to the job, and well you know it.
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 12:01 - Dec 11 with 953 viewsPJH

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:13 - Dec 11 by clive_baker

and the people that will vote for him.
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 12:11 - Dec 11 with 935 viewsHARRY10

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:29 - Dec 11 by Parky

or

He should speak to GMB because he had already agreed to it - and the thought is that he is welshing out of that because he knows his policies, or himself will not stand up to any questioing.

The real stunts are being filmed delivering milk where the original milk had been removed to provide a photo opportunity.

Johnson has failed badly when asked questions by the public and more recntly by local journalists.

This was him once again avoiding any scrutiny............and I think it is now all too obvious why.

He is not up to the job.
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 12:42 - Dec 11 with 883 viewsDarth_Koont

Reminds me: Must clean out my fridge and give it a proper scrub.

Pronouns: He/Him

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 12:46 - Dec 11 with 866 viewshampstead_blue

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:42 - Dec 11 by Half_Idiot

I think the outrage is more to do with his minders reaction which is completely unnecessary.

What I'm struggling to understand is why you think bringing up JC being asked a stupid question has any relevance to this matter?

Out of interest, what terrorist leader are you inviting round for christmas dinner?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 11:48]

Gerry Adams, andhalf a second after the door is closed he would be on the way to the compost heap.

Just like he did to innocent people.

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 12:59 - Dec 11 with 822 viewsHARRY10

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 12:42 - Dec 11 by Darth_Koont

Reminds me: Must clean out my fridge and give it a proper scrub.

Asking a proispect MP/PM questions is a 'stunt' whereas arranging to deliver milk in an staged act is not a 'stunt'

The couple involved are both Tory supporters and

"The first thing the woman who answers the door says is "I didn't realise there were going to be this many people", which slightly weakens the impression that this is a spontaneous visit to a random member of the public " Daily Telegraph

And as if to confirm his failing grasp on the realities of everyday life he carries a full crate of milk to the door..... their two pints previously delivered had been removed beforehand.

https://www.indy100.com/article/boris-johnson-general-election-milk-brexit-door-

All the sincerity and honesty of William Hague's claim of 14 pints drunk at lunchtime.
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 13:26 - Dec 11 with 779 viewseireblue

Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 11:35 - Dec 11 by hampstead_blue

Doorsteped: Definition

5. (of a journalist) to wait outside the house of (someone) to obtain an interview, photograph, etc when he or she emerges

Poor old Boris, there he was, doing his usual morning stint of delivering milk in Yorkshire, and bloody hell, a bunch of journalists turn up.

When will our press start to respect the privacy of honest private individuals just going about their usual daily routine and just happen to also be prime ministers running for office.
Johnson 'bottles' it.....again on 13:29 - Dec 11 with 767 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024