Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich 15:57 - Dec 8 with 3625 viewsBobbychase

Leicester away next weekend,. They could be adrift with Watford by the end of the year.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 16:00]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 15:59 - Dec 8 with 2476 viewsbilllm

What a shame
That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:01 - Dec 8 with 2464 viewsclive_baker

Villa away on Boxing day is looking like a 6 pointer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:01 - Dec 8 with 2461 viewsgainsboroughblue

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 15:59 - Dec 8 by billlm

What a shame

I'm not even convinced it bothers them that much.

Seem happy yo-yoing and taking the parachute payments.

At least Sheff U seem to be making a go of it. Good on them.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:02 - Dec 8 with 2464 viewsHerbivore

I don't think their game plan was ever to stay up. I know that sounds odd but they barely strengthened and I don't think they really expected to go up last season. They'll go down, lose one or two for decent money, then use those funds plus parachute payments to come back stronger.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:03 - Dec 8 with 2444 viewsBobbychase

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 15:59 - Dec 8 by billlm

What a shame

Yep. Wish I could remember the Twitter handle of the Budgie I spied in the summer claiming their scintillating Farkeball would make them challengers for the top four.

Conceding goals was always going to be a problem for them.They had one of the leakiest defences of the top six in the Championship last season and their goal difference is as bad as Southampton - who conceded nine in one game.

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:05 - Dec 8 with 2425 viewsBobbychase

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:01 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

I'm not even convinced it bothers them that much.

Seem happy yo-yoing and taking the parachute payments.

At least Sheff U seem to be making a go of it. Good on them.

It's a risky strategy. They'll sell Pukki if they go down and Farke might not hang around. There's no guarantees in the Championship even if you have money to spend, as Derby like to prove.

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:05 - Dec 8 with 2412 viewsgainsboroughblue

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:01 - Dec 8 by clive_baker

Villa away on Boxing day is looking like a 6 pointer.

They shined like a beacon in the previous six pointer between the two!

Of Craven Cottage bottling proportions.

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:06 - Dec 8 with 2403 viewsBobbychase

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:05 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

They shined like a beacon in the previous six pointer between the two!

Of Craven Cottage bottling proportions.

Oh yeah and they lost to Watford at home. Watford.

Login to get fewer ads

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:09 - Dec 8 with 2392 viewsSomethingBlue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:02 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

I don't think their game plan was ever to stay up. I know that sounds odd but they barely strengthened and I don't think they really expected to go up last season. They'll go down, lose one or two for decent money, then use those funds plus parachute payments to come back stronger.

That's spot on. They went up ahead of schedule and the money they'll get this year allows a proper push at something longer-term, especially given the excellent stuff they have happening behind the scenes. I'm looking forward to seeing them again next year, don't get me wrong, but they are so far ahead of us in all areas that I will only take any genuine pleasure in what happens to them when that's redressed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:12 - Dec 8 with 2362 viewsBent_double

Let's hope that Leicester try for the record score again, maybe Maddison could get the 10th?

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:20 - Dec 8 with 2309 viewsgainsboroughblue

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:03 - Dec 8 by Bobbychase

Yep. Wish I could remember the Twitter handle of the Budgie I spied in the summer claiming their scintillating Farkeball would make them challengers for the top four.

Conceding goals was always going to be a problem for them.They had one of the leakiest defences of the top six in the Championship last season and their goal difference is as bad as Southampton - who conceded nine in one game.

They've also only conceded one fewer than Southampton who got dumped 9-0.

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:23 - Dec 8 with 2293 viewslongtimefan

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:20 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

They've also only conceded one fewer than Southampton who got dumped 9-0.

And lost two more matches than anyone else in the division.
That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:25 - Dec 8 with 2285 viewsgainsboroughblue

That['s two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:23 - Dec 8 by longtimefan

And lost two more matches than anyone else in the division.

And they smell.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:38 - Dec 8 with 2211 viewsm14_blue

It does seem that way but, if true, I think that’s a huge gamble.

Football doesn’t work that way, it’s not a science, you need to seize the opportunity when it comes.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:42 - Dec 8 with 2184 viewsBobbychase

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:38 - Dec 8 by m14_blue

It does seem that way but, if true, I think that’s a huge gamble.

Football doesn’t work that way, it’s not a science, you need to seize the opportunity when it comes.

As Sheffield United are doing. Arguably went up with a squad not as strong as Norwich but putting up much more of a fight.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:44 - Dec 8 with 2171 viewsm14_blue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:42 - Dec 8 by Bobbychase

As Sheffield United are doing. Arguably went up with a squad not as strong as Norwich but putting up much more of a fight.

Exactly, and they’ve not thrown crazy money at it either, a couple of shrewd acquisitions and a more tactically astute manager proving the difference for them.

Brilliant to see didz doing so well too.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:50 - Dec 8 with 2145 viewsHerbivore

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:44 - Dec 8 by m14_blue

Exactly, and they’ve not thrown crazy money at it either, a couple of shrewd acquisitions and a more tactically astute manager proving the difference for them.

Brilliant to see didz doing so well too.

Sheffield United's net spend was £41m. Norwich's was £750k.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:59 - Dec 8 with 2107 viewsBobbychase

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:50 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

Because the Blades knew they needed to strengthen. Norwich seem to think they didn't

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:17 - Dec 8 with 2037 viewsHerbivore

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:59 - Dec 8 by Bobbychase

Because the Blades knew they needed to strengthen. Norwich seem to think they didn't

My response was to the other poster comparing them as both not having spent crazy money. Sheffield United have spent a fair wedge. I think Norwich decided to keep their powder dry and look to come back stronger next time, if they stay up then it's a bonus.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:23 - Dec 8 with 2022 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wasn’t it a case of going for promotion at whatever cost last season as the parachute payments were due to stop and the accounts would have shown them to be in an even worse position than ITFC were before Evans came in?

They needed Premiership funding to get back on an even keel, so mission accomplished.

Poll: W or W

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:25 - Dec 8 with 2015 viewsm14_blue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:50 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

Seriously? Wow.

Who on earth did they spend that on?

The last game I watched they only had Mousset in the team who hadn’t been there last year.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:38 - Dec 8 with 1966 viewsHerbivore

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:25 - Dec 8 by m14_blue

Seriously? Wow.

Who on earth did they spend that on?

The last game I watched they only had Mousset in the team who hadn’t been there last year.

They spent £17m in McBurnie, who I've barely heard of.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:41 - Dec 8 with 1953 viewsHerbivore

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:23 - Dec 8 by BLUEBEAT

Wasn’t it a case of going for promotion at whatever cost last season as the parachute payments were due to stop and the accounts would have shown them to be in an even worse position than ITFC were before Evans came in?

They needed Premiership funding to get back on an even keel, so mission accomplished.

That's not what happened, no. They barely reinvested the money they got for Maddison and Murphy (circa £30m). As much as I hate Norwich, they tend to run themselves pretty well off the pitch.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:05 - Dec 8 with 1898 viewsBLUEBEAT

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 17:41 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

That's not what happened, no. They barely reinvested the money they got for Maddison and Murphy (circa £30m). As much as I hate Norwich, they tend to run themselves pretty well off the pitch.

From a £38M loss in the Championship to a £95M+ profit in the Premiership.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/norwich-city-remain-open-to-investment-offers-1

Poll: W or W

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:09 - Dec 8 with 1882 viewshampstead_blue

Who gives a folk

Pile it on...higher, higher, higher........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024