Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? 13:53 - Dec 6 with 2158 viewsHullblue

From Phil's 'All the guys did well' story on the front page.

'Was the strength of the academy part of why he was keen on the job when he took charge just over a year ago?

"It’s not one thing I thought about, ‘Where are we with the kids’. I see it with my own eye. I don’t need somebody to tell me when I come into a football club what’s right and what’s wrong, my own eyes are my best analysis tool."'

I think he's doing a decent job but bloody hell, is he OK? Seems to take offence at so many innocuous questions. I'm hoping it just sounds worse written down.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 13:58 - Dec 6 with 2132 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He's not even the most defensive bloke we've had as manager in the last few years!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:03 - Dec 6 with 2115 viewsHerbivore

I think that, much like Mick, he's more interested in the football than all the media b0llocks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:18 - Dec 6 with 2097 viewsSouperJim

Jim Magilton was quite honest and open with the press I thought. That went well.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:38 - Dec 6 with 2068 viewsPhilTWTD

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:18 - Dec 6 by SouperJim

Jim Magilton was quite honest and open with the press I thought. That went well.

I actually think Jim's big mistake wasn't being open and being more himself with the press.

He barred me for his virtually entire time as manager and excluded other people, despite getting on with us all personally.

It all led to barriers and the campaign to oust him from some quarters and eventually an impasse which led him to stop doing press conferences pre-match for some months.

I was invited back in the final weeks when he returned knowing the writing was on the wall.
Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:55 - Dec 6 with 2022 viewsIllinoisblue

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:38 - Dec 6 by PhilTWTD

I actually think Jim's big mistake wasn't being open and being more himself with the press.

He barred me for his virtually entire time as manager and excluded other people, despite getting on with us all personally.

It all led to barriers and the campaign to oust him from some quarters and eventually an impasse which led him to stop doing press conferences pre-match for some months.

I was invited back in the final weeks when he returned knowing the writing was on the wall.

Jim would be a good subject for the Ex-Files.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 15:06 - Dec 6 with 2018 viewsHipsterectomy

Why would he do that? Especially if he liked you personally...Jim was doing well for a long period as our manager, so I don't see why he would block who has access to him

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 15:15 - Dec 6 with 1999 viewsSouperJim

That's interesting, I was referring to the way he answered questions etc that he never came across as guarded in the way Lambert does (and McCarthy did).

Odd that he excluded certain sections of the press. Maybe he felt he wasn't experienced enough and wanted to avoid difficult questions?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 16:11 - Dec 6 with 1926 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 16:34 - Dec 6 with 1882 viewsPhilTWTD

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 14:55 - Dec 6 by Illinoisblue

Jim would be a good subject for the Ex-Files.

Not asked him to do anything with us but has refused requests for Life's a Pitch.
Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 16:35 - Dec 6 with 1872 viewsPhilTWTD

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 15:06 - Dec 6 by Hipsterectomy

Why would he do that? Especially if he liked you personally...Jim was doing well for a long period as our manager, so I don't see why he would block who has access to him

Think he took bad advice.
Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 17:16 - Dec 6 with 1834 viewsMullet

He was a midfielder mate.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 17:33 - Dec 6 with 1798 viewsGarv

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 16:34 - Dec 6 by PhilTWTD

Not asked him to do anything with us but has refused requests for Life's a Pitch.

I get the impression he's lost a bit of love for the club since his departure, is that fair?

He's never back is he?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 18:53 - Dec 6 with 1736 viewsfactual_blue

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 17:16 - Dec 6 by Mullet

He was a midfielder mate.

Is Midfielder Mate Newcy's rank in the merchant marine?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 19:55 - Dec 6 with 1682 viewsBluefish

It is quite funny really though when you look back. Jim barred you and then you barred me for saying that you were against Jim. Circle of life innit

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 20:48 - Dec 6 with 1636 viewsPhilTWTD

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 17:33 - Dec 6 by Garv

I get the impression he's lost a bit of love for the club since his departure, is that fair?

He's never back is he?

Think so, all very sad.
Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 23:06 - Dec 6 with 1557 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 17:33 - Dec 6 by Garv

He's never back is he?

He is back on his Twitter and occasionally interacts with Town fans on there. Clearly thinks ME is a C**t.

Shame that he hasn't been back. No player in my lifetime has had as bigger impact on town as Jim. The standards he set as a player and the way that he led was incredible, in my top 3 favourite players ever.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 10:18 - Dec 7 with 1376 viewsstrikalite

Imagine Andrew Neil ruffling Lambo's feathers during a presser then...

He has it bloody easy honestly..
Is PL the most defensive bloke ever? on 10:30 - Dec 7 with 1365 viewsjeera

I was taxi-driving for a while (how glamourous) and picked up one of his secretaries from Bury train station once or twice.

She was saying that although he refused to interact he still had his finger very much on the pulse; knew what was being said and by whom.

Maybe part of her job was to watch social media goings on!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024