Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. 19:12 - Dec 2 with 2192 viewshampstead_blue

South West trains - 27 days of strikes around Christmas

NI - 10,000 patients have had their appointments delayed by the union!
On R4 this evening a union pleb apologised for the delay and accepted that it could cause upset and problems......
A bad week to have your cancer diagnosis appointment!!!!!

Hands-up who wants to give the unions more power?

The strikes are a vile and disgraceful action deliberately putting people's lives at risk.

Hello!!! Is anyone at home? Vote Labour......Vote for free stuff (but only if you survive long enough)....

[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 19:13]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:13 - Dec 2 with 1274 viewsHerbivore

You're pathetic.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:18 - Dec 2 with 1243 viewsSwansea_Blue

You’ve lost the plot

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:19 - Dec 2 with 1239 viewshampstead_blue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:13 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

You're pathetic.

and Sir, you cannot see what's in front of you.
am I wrong?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50621780

I'm just quoting the BBC and adding a reasonable extrapolation.

Peace, love, and healthy debate.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:22 - Dec 2 with 1224 viewsjaykay

so you you have used the death of two people to have go at labour now cancer suffers .
how low will you stoop , you in the sewers with boris and the stench is overpowering

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:24 - Dec 2 with 1213 viewsmrshallisfit

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:19 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

am I wrong?

Who do you prefer. Richard the Hamster Hammond or Jeremy Clarkson.
Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:24 - Dec 2 with 1213 viewshampstead_blue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:22 - Dec 2 by jaykay

so you you have used the death of two people to have go at labour now cancer suffers .
how low will you stoop , you in the sewers with boris and the stench is overpowering

death of two people?

I've posted an item from the BBC. I didn't write it darling, just shared it.
Maybe you should write to 'Points of view'

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:24 - Dec 2 with 1212 viewsfooters

I'd like to undo the vast raft of anti-union policy the Tories have put out over the last 10 years, yes.

It's not the 1970s anymore. Some on this board seem confused by that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:25 - Dec 2 with 1213 viewsLankHenners

People tell you to shut up but I think that's unfair.

You're doing a great job of convincing people not to vote Tory.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:26 - Dec 2 with 1200 viewshampstead_blue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:24 - Dec 2 by footers

I'd like to undo the vast raft of anti-union policy the Tories have put out over the last 10 years, yes.

It's not the 1970s anymore. Some on this board seem confused by that.

The problem is that the Unions don't/won't reform.
These strikes are just wrong and do nothing for their cause.

The premise of a union is reasonable, the way they deliver it is selfish and laced with self-harm

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:29 - Dec 2 with 1186 viewsJ2BLUE

You really are a div. Been saying one thing for ages and ignoring all evidence that you're wrong. You can't ignore it any more so you switch to something else.

Pathetic.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:31 - Dec 2 with 1172 viewshampstead_blue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:29 - Dec 2 by J2BLUE

You really are a div. Been saying one thing for ages and ignoring all evidence that you're wrong. You can't ignore it any more so you switch to something else.

Pathetic.

Chap, I've just posted a link from the BBC and extrapolated it a little.

If it's not to your liking then maybe pivot. The unions are sharpening their pencils ready if JC gets in.
It can't get better!

Write to Points of View with your complaint, or directly to JC.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:32 - Dec 2 with 1167 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:19 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

am I wrong?

Would you like to discuss these, since 2010 and ongoing, Tory legacies?

- 1,000 sure start centres closed.
- 780 libraries closed.
- 700 football pitches closed.
- Food bank use up 2,400%.
- Homelessness up 1,000%.
- Rough sleeping up 1,200%
- Bedroom tax caused mass evictions.
- Evictions are running at record highs.
- 35% of U.K. kids live in poverty.
- Student fees up 300%.
- Student debt has risen 150%.
- Eradication of EMA (education maintenance allowance).
- National debt has risen from £850billion to £2.25trillion.
- Emergency Brexit stimulus from BoE in June 2016 of £175b.
- Brexit-related fall in national revenue £500b.
- GDP fallen to -0.1%.
- GBP fallen by circa 15% versus EUR and USD.
- Manufacturing in recession.
- Construction in recession.
- Services close to recession.
- 25-30% cuts to all govt departments.
- 25-30% cuts to all councils, mainly centred on Labour councils.
- Half of councils facing effective bankruptcy.
- 185k extra deaths attached to the political ideology of austerity.
- 25,000 less police.
- 20,000 less prison officers.
- 10,000 less border officials.
- 10,000 less firefighters.
- 10,000 less medical professionals.
- 25,000 less bed spaces for people suffering mental illness.
- OECD calculate 3 million hidden unemployed, rate is really 13%.
- Creation of 1.3m jobs, mainly temporary, self employed, gig economy and ZHC.
- Only 30k full time work positions created.
- Close on 50% of workers are self employed, ZHC, or part time precariat.
- 80% of the 5.3 million self employed live below the poverty line.
- 35% of self employed only earn £100 a month.
- 25% cuts for our disabled community.
- 80% cuts to Mobility Allowance.
- Closing Remploy.
- 40% of working households have practically no savings.
- 70% of households have less than 10k savings.
- 60% of households can only survive 2 months without a wage.
- Household debt reaches a new peak, despite emergency base rates.
- Increase of 50% in hate crimes.
- Increase of knife crime by 150% to 22,000 per year.
- Increase in teenage suicide by 70%.
- Suicide up 12% in the year 2018.
- Self-harm among young women up 70%.
- Life expectancy down 3 years.
- NHS satisfaction level at lowest recorded rate.
- Council home building down 90%.
- 200k social homes lost since 2010.
- Zero starter homes built, despite Tory flagship programme.
- One million families on council home waiting list.
- 100,000 increase on the council home waiting list since 2010.
- 36,000 teachers have left the profession.
- Sixth-form funding cut by 25%.
- 33,000 nurses leave the NHS each year

Poll: W or W

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:33 - Dec 2 with 1153 viewsfooters

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:26 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

The problem is that the Unions don't/won't reform.
These strikes are just wrong and do nothing for their cause.

The premise of a union is reasonable, the way they deliver it is selfish and laced with self-harm

"The premise of a union is reasonable, the way they deliver it is selfish and laced with self-harm"

Why? What is wrong with collective bargaining? Unions have achieved many great things for their members and continue to do so.

Having been a public sector employee, I can see why you may not realise the benefit, however.

Edit: butter fingers, not full quote!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 19:34]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:36 - Dec 2 with 1107 viewsBlueAsTory

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:25 - Dec 2 by LankHenners

People tell you to shut up but I think that's unfair.

You're doing a great job of convincing people not to vote Tory.

Don’t think he is as most on this board are hard left or support the Liberal anti Democratic Party.
Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:38 - Dec 2 with 1093 viewsLankHenners

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:36 - Dec 2 by BlueAsTory

Don’t think he is as most on this board are hard left or support the Liberal anti Democratic Party.

Liberal anti Democratic Party eh? Pretty smart, people should give you more credit.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:39 - Dec 2 with 1077 viewshampstead_blue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:32 - Dec 2 by BLUEBEAT

- 780 libraries closed.
- Student fees up 300%.
- GDP fallen to -0.1%.
- 25,000 less police.
- Closing Remploy.

Second Iraq war - WAR CRIME
Financial crisis - light touch regulation by Brown.

That's two without having to cut and paste a list from google.

The Tories inherited a bankrupt country. Someone remind him of the quote the Labour treasury minister left.......

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:40 - Dec 2 with 1070 viewsHerbivore

am I wrong?

I read the article, including the bit where the union said they'd given exemptions for cancer (and some other) services - I find using something as emotive as cancer especially low - and that many of the appointments were cancelled before the strike action was announced. It seems you've not read your own article. Again.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:40 - Dec 2 with 1067 viewsLankHenners

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:39 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

The Tories inherited a bankrupt country. Someone remind him of the quote the Labour treasury minister left.......

So that's a "no" to his question then.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:41 - Dec 2 with 1058 viewshampstead_blue

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:33 - Dec 2 by footers

"The premise of a union is reasonable, the way they deliver it is selfish and laced with self-harm"

Why? What is wrong with collective bargaining? Unions have achieved many great things for their members and continue to do so.

Having been a public sector employee, I can see why you may not realise the benefit, however.

Edit: butter fingers, not full quote!
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 19:34]

The premise is reasonable as I said. If the unions were politically agnostic then I'd start to warm to them.

Would Len and all the other left wing union leaders resign for an agnostic leadership?

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:46 - Dec 2 with 1032 viewsHerbivore

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:41 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

The premise is reasonable as I said. If the unions were politically agnostic then I'd start to warm to them.

Would Len and all the other left wing union leaders resign for an agnostic leadership?

Why should the unions be politically neutral? Bizarre.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:51 - Dec 2 with 1006 viewsDarth_Koont

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:39 - Dec 2 by hampstead_blue

Quit while you're a few thousand miles behind.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:55 - Dec 2 with 991 viewsHerbivore

You are aware that Corbyn, unlike the Tories, opposed the Iraq war and lack of regulation of the banks?

This is getting a bit tragic now. You need to take a break.

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:55 - Dec 2 with 993 viewsBLUEBEAT

It’s OK to cut/paste when the facts are 100% true, you silly billy.

Poll: W or W

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 20:01 - Dec 2 with 973 viewsbluejacko

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 19:32 - Dec 2 by BLUEBEAT

- 780 libraries closed.
- Student fees up 300%.
- GDP fallen to -0.1%.
- 25,000 less police.
- Closing Remploy.

And of course under Labour none of the above was happening right. It’s all the fault of the bad old Tories who did not inherit a bankrupt country did they?
Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 20:02 - Dec 2 with 954 viewsHerbivore

Lets give the unions MORE power because, after all, they are good people. on 20:01 - Dec 2 by bluejacko

And of course under Labour none of the above was happening right. It’s all the fault of the bad old Tories who did not inherit a bankrupt country did they?

Which bit of "since 2010" did you not get, bro?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024