Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK 13:58 - Dec 2 with 1134 viewsitfcjoe

Paperwork to be submitted a few days before with a corresponding cost.

The Thatcher-wannabe immigrant-hating immigrant Priti Patel delivers this news with her trademark heart.

At what point will Brexiteers realise that there will be a recipricol arrangement for this? That when they want to go to Minorca for a cheap holiday, or a booze cruise to France, or the ferry to Amsterdam for a stag do that they will have to buy a visa, and submit paperwork - and maybe have it denied because they have a drunk and disorderly on their record from when they were a youngster?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:06 - Dec 2 with 1102 viewsportmanking

Fail to see the issue with this? If you've acted irresponsibly and a bit of a c*nt, why should you expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you anyway?

People go to America on holiday every day of the year without any issue with ESTAs whatsoever. It's a system that works very well from what I see.
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:07 - Dec 2 with 1099 viewsbrazil1982

I've been to many countries that require a visa so I am not that deterred really. Embassies will not have access to any of my criminal records either.
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:32 - Dec 2 with 1063 viewsSteve_M

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:06 - Dec 2 by portmanking

Fail to see the issue with this? If you've acted irresponsibly and a bit of a c*nt, why should you expect the red carpet to be rolled out for you anyway?

People go to America on holiday every day of the year without any issue with ESTAs whatsoever. It's a system that works very well from what I see.

Or are the wrong skin colour.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:36 - Dec 2 with 1054 viewsPinewoodblue

The EU have been planning c for years to introduce an EU ESTA. Comes into force in 2021. Cost €7 vàlid for,I think, 3 years.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:40 - Dec 2 with 1045 viewsitfcjoe

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:06 - Dec 2 by portmanking

Plenty of people have issues with ESTAs, my Mum had to have hers referred as was born in the Yemen (whilst her father was serving in the RAF).

That's a minor case, but it's not about having the red carpet rolled out for you just being able to travel easily without having to pay for a visa

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:45 - Dec 2 with 1028 viewsportmanking

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:40 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

Plenty of people have issues with ESTAs, my Mum had to have hers referred as was born in the Yemen (whilst her father was serving in the RAF).

That's a minor case, but it's not about having the red carpet rolled out for you just being able to travel easily without having to pay for a visa

Your scenario was about someone being denied an ESTA due to a history of being drunken and disorderly overseas, no?
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:47 - Dec 2 with 1019 viewsBigManBlue

Seeing my family is already painful enough, without having to cough up extra each time I'll be flying over...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:49 - Dec 2 with 1005 viewsitfcjoe

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:45 - Dec 2 by portmanking

Your scenario was about someone being denied an ESTA due to a history of being drunken and disorderly overseas, no?

No, just D&D on home soil - if someone has a criminal record they may not be able to travel into Europe any more.

When I used to follow England around, there were always stricter travelling restrictions in place and a member of our party always used to get dragged over the coals for a D&D he had. Was about 21 when it happened and I can't remember the exact details but think he was kicking off on a train after he'd found out his Dad had been rushed to hospital and the train wasn't going when on a night out - not his proudest moment.

But these sort of mistakes may stop him getting an EU visa, silly things that happen when people are kids meaning he can't travel to Dublin or Paris which are basically on our doorstep!

Login to get fewer ads

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 15:42 - Dec 2 with 938 viewsportmanking

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:49 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

No, just D&D on home soil - if someone has a criminal record they may not be able to travel into Europe any more.

When I used to follow England around, there were always stricter travelling restrictions in place and a member of our party always used to get dragged over the coals for a D&D he had. Was about 21 when it happened and I can't remember the exact details but think he was kicking off on a train after he'd found out his Dad had been rushed to hospital and the train wasn't going when on a night out - not his proudest moment.

But these sort of mistakes may stop him getting an EU visa, silly things that happen when people are kids meaning he can't travel to Dublin or Paris which are basically on our doorstep!

That kind of scenario wouldn't stop him getting an EU visa per se. He may have to have an appointment to clarify the issue, but I don't think they would flatly refuse him outright.
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 15:56 - Dec 2 with 921 viewsfactual_blue

If this is the intellectual ability of a brexiteer, I think the answer to your question is 'they'll never realise'

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-diabetes-insulin-no-deal-medicine-shortag

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 16:08 - Dec 2 with 906 viewsHARRY10

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:07 - Dec 2 by brazil1982

I've been to many countries that require a visa so I am not that deterred really. Embassies will not have access to any of my criminal records either.

Not correct

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/access-by-the-us-authorities-to-infor
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 16:21 - Dec 2 with 875 viewsbrazil1982

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 16:08 - Dec 2 by HARRY10

Not correct

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/access-by-the-us-authorities-to-infor

This states the US do not have routine access to criminal records / the PNC.
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 18:22 - Dec 2 with 779 viewslongtimefan

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 14:40 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

I know a couple of people who were initially refused ESTAs due to having previously travelled to Iran. Didn’t take too much effort to sort out.
US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 18:27 - Dec 2 with 777 viewsSwansea_Blue

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 18:22 - Dec 2 by longtimefan

I know a couple of people who were initially refused ESTAs due to having previously travelled to Iran. Didn’t take too much effort to sort out.

Some effort/cost/delays is worse than no effort/cost/delays though. I don’t see the point in voluntarily making things more difficult.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 18:32 - Dec 2 with 768 viewslongtimefan

US Style immigration for EU citizens to come to the UK on 18:27 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

Some effort/cost/delays is worse than no effort/cost/delays though. I don’t see the point in voluntarily making things more difficult.

Yep I agree. Just pointing out that getting refused the ESTA isn’t the end of the road.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024