Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals 13:36 - Dec 2 with 1619 viewsRyorry

And esp for any who are still deluded enough to think of voting for the Con party -

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:29 - Dec 2 with 1496 viewsRyorry

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:34 - Dec 2 with 1489 viewsBlueAsTory

But what about all the MPs / Lords or their partners are paid by the EU.
All right for one but not the other?
Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:37 - Dec 2 with 1472 viewsDarth_Koont

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:34 - Dec 2 by BlueAsTory

Stick to the point ... this is about the NHS with money flowing directly to Matt Hancock (not to mention the PMs who have overseen this slow dismantling).

Pronouns: He/Him

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:47 - Dec 2 with 1432 viewsHerbivore

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:34 - Dec 2 by BlueAsTory

What are you on about?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:56 - Dec 2 with 1417 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

BoJo's true colours, if anyone ever doubted

Poll: would you rather

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 20:06 - Dec 2 with 1390 viewsHARRY10

Do explain

If only that folk don't think you are another lying Tory
Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 20:31 - Dec 2 with 1353 viewsClapham_Junction

I don't understand how the IEA, Taxpayers Alliance etc are still regularly invited on shows like Question Time so often - they are so clearly front groups for the hard right ultra-rich.

On a related note, I saw this this morning. Makes you wonder who certain MPs are really answerable to.

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 00:00 - Dec 3 with 1250 viewsRyorry

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 20:31 - Dec 2 by Clapham_Junction

I don't understand how the IEA, Taxpayers Alliance etc are still regularly invited on shows like Question Time so often - they are so clearly front groups for the hard right ultra-rich.

On a related note, I saw this this morning. Makes you wonder who certain MPs are really answerable to.

A simple way to sort that out would be passing a law requiring all MPs to have one paid job only - which if they did it properly, would mean they'd be too tired & time-poor to moonlight ...

Login to get fewer ads

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 00:17 - Dec 3 with 1231 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 00:00 - Dec 3 by Ryorry

A simple way to sort that out would be passing a law requiring all MPs to have one paid job only - which if they did it properly, would mean they'd be too tired & time-poor to moonlight ...

In a foreign country we would call it bribery and corruption wouldn't we? I really don't get why it is allowed under our rules. MPs are paid well for the job they do.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 08:21 - Dec 3 with 1158 viewsitfcjoe

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 00:17 - Dec 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

In a foreign country we would call it bribery and corruption wouldn't we? I really don't get why it is allowed under our rules. MPs are paid well for the job they do.

My local MP works 28 hours a week as a Dr, the most hours on a second job of anyone.

That's not far off full time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 09:47 - Dec 3 with 1103 viewshampstead_blue

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 08:21 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

My local MP works 28 hours a week as a Dr, the most hours on a second job of anyone.

I'd imagine he took a pay cut to become an MP.
Seems fair to allow him to make up his drop in income.

Many public servants have second jobs. It's nothing unusual.
Firefighters, soldiers, many.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 1093 viewsitfcjoe

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 09:47 - Dec 3 by hampstead_blue

I'd imagine he took a pay cut to become an MP.
Seems fair to allow him to make up his drop in income.

Many public servants have second jobs. It's nothing unusual.
Firefighters, soldiers, many.

I think it is a bit different for someone to have a second job as a firefighter for instance, when they work shifts effectively and are on call as opposed to an MP who should be working full time.

If he is doing 30 hours elsewhere then he can't be a full time MP

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 19:26 - Dec 3 with 982 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good graph to circulate amongst floating voters, esp in marginals on 08:21 - Dec 3 by itfcjoe

A different issue to the bribery and corruption of MPs who take directorships which really are little short of paid corporate lobbying, though. I do take your point, though. How can he be doing the job of an MP properly if he can spend that amount of time unavailable for it?

As for the idea he took a pay cut, how much do that poster think our doctors earn? MPs get just shy of £80K don't they?

Isn't this also part of the problem. People think the Labour tax on those who earn over £80K will hit people like doctors. It won't except perhaps at the very top of their profession.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024