Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... 12:13 - Dec 2 with 1980 viewsITFC_Forever

...and saw Ellis Harrison playing for Portsmouth.

Given that it's generally accepted Jackson and Norwood are our first choice pair, given Norwood's slightly patchy availability, Harrison would have been an ideal striker to have kept in the squad.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:15 - Dec 2 with 1945 viewsKieran_Knows

I felt at the time during the summer that he was probably the easiest one out of him and Jackson to get rid of considering we didn't have to take that much of a hit on him in terms of what we paid for him.

Still, has he actually scored for Portsmouth? The last I saw earlier this season was that he was injured.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:17 - Dec 2 with 1928 viewsPJH

I still think that he was the best of the Hurst signings although Jackson has impressed me this season, at a lower level obviously.

Harrison would have been very useful for us this season I think.
Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:18 - Dec 2 with 1943 viewsLankHenners

I get the impression getting rid of him was as much about off the field issues as anything else, going by some things mentioned on here and a couple of whispers I've heard outside of this place which seem to corroborate matters.

Agree though, and why, after we did ditch him, we should have gone out for Daryl Murphy or similar to give us a proper hold up man up front.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:19 - Dec 2 with 1916 viewsitfcjoe

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:15 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

I felt at the time during the summer that he was probably the easiest one out of him and Jackson to get rid of considering we didn't have to take that much of a hit on him in terms of what we paid for him.

Still, has he actually scored for Portsmouth? The last I saw earlier this season was that he was injured.

7 goals in all competitions and a red card v Wycombe.

I'd have preferred to keep him than Jackson personally, but guess economics of the deal wouldn't work out on that one.

And it's the first week of December and we can just about say we have 3 strikers fit of the required standard for this league for the first time this season and are playing 2 up front
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 12:19]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:20 - Dec 2 with 1900 viewsITFC_Forever

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:15 - Dec 2 by Kieran_Knows

He's scored 7 for them - the same as Jackson and Norwood both have so far this season.

Portsmouth are on the march in the league now - they'll be well and truly in the PO mix by this time next month.

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:24 - Dec 2 with 1897 viewsPhilTWTD

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:18 - Dec 2 by LankHenners

I get the impression getting rid of him was as much about off the field issues as anything else, going by some things mentioned on here and a couple of whispers I've heard outside of this place which seem to corroborate matters.

Agree though, and why, after we did ditch him, we should have gone out for Daryl Murphy or similar to give us a proper hold up man up front.

Heard much the same, wasn't really purely a football thing from what I gather.
Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 13:03 - Dec 2 with 1784 viewsJimmyJazz

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:19 - Dec 2 by itfcjoe

7 goals in all competitions and a red card v Wycombe.

I'd have preferred to keep him than Jackson personally, but guess economics of the deal wouldn't work out on that one.

And it's the first week of December and we can just about say we have 3 strikers fit of the required standard for this league for the first time this season and are playing 2 up front
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 12:19]

He's not featured that much for them. Seems Portsmouth didn't really know what to do with their strike force - Marquis has been quiet so far. But recently Marquis has been playing off Harrison and at the same time the team's form has improved

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 14:04 - Dec 2 with 1663 viewsGarv

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:20 - Dec 2 by ITFC_Forever

He's scored 7 for them - the same as Jackson and Norwood both have so far this season.

Portsmouth are on the march in the league now - they'll be well and truly in the PO mix by this time next month.

Not many have come in the league have they?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 14:10 - Dec 2 with 1658 viewsstrikalite

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:18 - Dec 2 by LankHenners

Just hope that we did approach Murphy but he didn't want the upheaval of coming back down here...you'll feel better, ha!
Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 14:35 - Dec 2 with 1609 viewsGeoffSentence

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:24 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

Did he punch someone and break their jaw? Or was he shafting someone's wife?

If neither of these, please insert an appropriately salacious rumour.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 14:54 - Dec 2 with 1586 viewsITFC_Forever

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 14:04 - Dec 2 by Garv

Not many have come in the league have they?

3 in the League, 2 in the Trophy, 2 in the League Cup.

Not that it matters.

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:13 - Dec 2 with 1541 viewsGarv

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 14:54 - Dec 2 by ITFC_Forever

3 in the League, 2 in the Trophy, 2 in the League Cup.

Not that it matters.

League's the most important, no?

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:19 - Dec 2 with 1520 viewsSwansea_Blue

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 12:24 - Dec 2 by PhilTWTD

Not like you to be spreading goss.., er I mean def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:23 - Dec 2 with 1504 viewsKieran_Knows

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:19 - Dec 2 by Swansea_Blue

Not like you to be spreading goss.., er I mean def info.

Imminent.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:29 - Dec 2 with 1491 viewsITFC_Forever

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:13 - Dec 2 by Garv

League's the most important, no?

In the same way penalties count for less?

Gotcha.

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 16:44 - Dec 2 with 1419 viewsRadlett_blue

These are the things that fans rarely find out, although the internet means they (plus other unsubstantiated rumours) often leak out. I thought Harrison was a tidy player with potential and certainly a better footballer than Jackson (and probably Norwood), but playing lone striker in a struggling team was beyond him (and would have been beyond most). Hasn't ever been exactly prolific and may be no more than a decent 3rd tier player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 19:11 - Dec 2 with 1275 viewsGarv

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 15:29 - Dec 2 by ITFC_Forever

In the same way penalties count for less?

Gotcha.

No, in the way that the league is more important than the cup.

Watched (flicked through) FA Cup MOTD highlights last night.... on 22:12 - Dec 2 with 1155 viewsTerry_Nutkins

All i heard about him was him being a really nice guy. This is classic rumour nonsense.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024