Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) 21:41 - Dec 1 with 1659 viewsGeoffSentence

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:43 - Dec 1 with 1652 viewsStokieBlue

The chances are a million to one.

SB
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 21:44]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 22:04 - Dec 1 with 1623 viewsfactual_blue

There will first need to be a decent screen adaptation.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 22:15 - Dec 1 with 1605 viewsBent_double

I gave up watching that BBC one about halfway through the first episode, it was that bad.

I thought the Tom Cruise film a few years back was OK.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 22:16 - Dec 1 with 1596 viewswkj

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 22:15 - Dec 1 by Bent_double

I gave up watching that BBC one about halfway through the first episode, it was that bad.

I did too, except the ending was delivered poorly

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 05:48 - Dec 2 with 1522 viewspoppiesman

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 22:15 - Dec 1 by Bent_double

Same here, didn't last the first full episode.
Tom Cruise film was bearable.
Neither were a patch on the superb original though. A film classic.
Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 06:03 - Dec 2 with 1512 viewsNewcyBlue

Every time the Jeff Wayne musical has been on I have been at sea. I’d love to see it.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 07:29 - Dec 2 with 1462 viewshampstead_blue

My brother and I had the cassette of the original soundtrack. It got played to death.

Loved it.
Haven't seen the Tom Cruise film but was planning on watching the BBC adaptation.
I shall lower my expectation a touch. It was rather exciting.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 07:32 - Dec 2 with 1453 viewsGeoffSentence

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 06:03 - Dec 2 by NewcyBlue

Every time the Jeff Wayne musical has been on I have been at sea. I’d love to see it.

I saw it at The Dominion Theatre a few years back and it was mighty fine. Though David Essex was a little croaky.

Login to get fewer ads

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 07:34 - Dec 2 with 1450 viewsPippin1970

Personally enjoyed it. Focused on part of England and ramped it up in 3rd episode. Left hope at the end of it.
Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 07:38 - Dec 2 with 1444 viewsGeoffSentence

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 07:34 - Dec 2 by Pippin1970

Personally enjoyed it. Focused on part of England and ramped it up in 3rd episode. Left hope at the end of it.

I was hugely disappointed. Was looking forward to an adaption of WOW set in a, nearly, contemporary period to the book.

I am not sure that the writers had actually read the book seeings as the story line and characters were nothing like it. On top of that it was just a bit slow and dull.

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 11:45 - Dec 2 with 1333 viewsGeoffSentence

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 05:48 - Dec 2 by poppiesman

Same here, didn't last the first full episode.
Tom Cruise film was bearable.
Neither were a patch on the superb original though. A film classic.

The film from the 1950's shlt me up as a child. I could barely sleep for weeks after watching out of fear of martians creeping into my room.

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 11:47 - Dec 2 with 1331 viewschicoazul

The Tom Cruise film is good right up until the cardigans at the end when it becomes an atrocity.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 20:02 - Dec 2 with 1261 viewsDubtractor

Despite knowing that the last episode will be crap, and also that I've thought the previous two were as well, I'm going in on this now. I've invested 2 hours so may as well see it through.

Its as I feared with BBC Sunday night, there were too concerned with making a period drama and forgot that it should be a thrilling sci fi.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:05 - Dec 2 with 1230 viewsDubtractor

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 20:02 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

Despite knowing that the last episode will be crap, and also that I've thought the previous two were as well, I'm going in on this now. I've invested 2 hours so may as well see it through.

Its as I feared with BBC Sunday night, there were too concerned with making a period drama and forgot that it should be a thrilling sci fi.

Oh man, can I have that hour back?

How can you take a story about aliens invading earth and destroying the planet and make it that dull?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:08 - Dec 2 with 1221 viewsjeera

I was going to watch that.

Shan't be bothering now then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:10 - Dec 2 with 1220 viewseireblue

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:05 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

How can you take a story about aliens invading earth and destroying the planet and make it that dull?

Sorry, was a bit delayed, checked with some Eloi, they would rather be eaten than watch another screen adaption, they just get worse apparently.
Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:24 - Dec 2 with 1205 viewsjeera

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 11:45 - Dec 2 by GeoffSentence

The film from the 1950's shlt me up as a child. I could barely sleep for weeks after watching out of fear of martians creeping into my room.

I remember seeing The Night That Panicked America when I was a kid.

A dramatization of the original radio broadcast that many people took to be actual events.

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:32 - Dec 2 with 1196 viewsjeera

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:10 - Dec 2 by eireblue

Sorry, was a bit delayed, checked with some Eloi, they would rather be eaten than watch another screen adaption, they just get worse apparently.

That reminds me, I desperately need a haircut.

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 20:23 - Dec 3 with 1079 viewsbritbiker

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 11:47 - Dec 2 by chicoazul

The Tom Cruise film is good right up until the cardigans at the end when it becomes an atrocity.

Typical Hollywood ending. Enduring many attacks, long walk home through a desolate landscape.

The young lad joined an Army company assult that was completely annihilated.

Then Cruise arrives home and the kid comes out of the house to greet him apparently unharmed. At least they didnt do that slow motion walk with the camera highlighting an american flag or badge thst they seem to love.
Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 09:15 - Dec 4 with 983 viewschicoazul

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:05 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

You mean you didnt enjoy them eliding the thrilling aspects of Wells' original story in place of a screed about environmentalism, individualism, and the virtues of single mothers? Can't imagine why!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Will there ever be a decent screen adaption of War Of The Worlds (n/t) on 21:57 - Dec 7 with 878 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Watched the first episode tonight and now got the second one on. It is truly awful.

The special effects are like something from early Doctor Who episodes. The acting is really wooden and the main effect seems to be the female lead character being frozen in a gormless look.

There is something wrong with the setting and the period. The early tea making machine somehow sums it up, it just doesn't feel right at all. I know some of that is setting it in the Wells era while having modern technology from the Martians but it is more than that. Somehow everything feels wrong. Why were there heightened tensions with Russia? What were the Russians doing heading for Japan through the North Sea?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024