Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any decent Black Friday deals out there? 13:30 - Nov 29 with 1713 viewsitfcjoe

Could do with a new laptop as mine has been grinding to a halt lately, if anything has seen a decent one let me know

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:32 - Nov 29 with 1703 viewswkj

In short, no. Most deals on Black Friday are barely deals. Getting past that, I have analysed most of the laptop and tablet 'deals' I have seen online for price history, and most have had cheaper prices, some of those cheaper prices have been for large chunks of this year.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 13:34]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:33 - Nov 29 with 1691 viewsitfcjoe

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:32 - Nov 29 by wkj

In short, no. Most deals on Black Friday are barely deals. Getting past that, I have analysed most of the laptop and tablet 'deals' I have seen online for price history, and most have had cheaper prices, some of those cheaper prices have been for large chunks of this year.

THis one looks a good price, don't think it s a BF deal, but there is extra savings from a BF Quidco deal so does work out cheaper today

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3039061

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:37 - Nov 29 with 1678 viewswkj

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:33 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

THis one looks a good price, don't think it s a BF deal, but there is extra savings from a BF Quidco deal so does work out cheaper today

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3039061

You will start to see a slump in 1080p laptops over the coming months. There cult like following of 4k and up and coming 6k resolutions will see to that. This isn't that bad of a deal for a laptop under the hood, though I think in about 3 or 4 months that will seem quite over priced.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 13:38]

Crybaby

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:43 - Nov 29 with 1655 viewsSouperJim

If it doesn't already have one, get your existing laptop upgraded with a SSD to replace the mechanical hard drive. Did this to mine recently and it's like a new machine.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:50 - Nov 29 with 1629 viewsitfcjoe

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:37 - Nov 29 by wkj

You will start to see a slump in 1080p laptops over the coming months. There cult like following of 4k and up and coming 6k resolutions will see to that. This isn't that bad of a deal for a laptop under the hood, though I think in about 3 or 4 months that will seem quite over priced.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 13:38]

Without getting you to do all the donkey work for me - would you be able to recommend something cheaper that is good for Football Manager, basic Microsoft Office and streaming (which I don't actually do much of)

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 14:02 - Nov 29 with 1587 viewsKieran_Knows

I was hoping to get a new phone, but doesn't look like that many decent deals about.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 17:43 - Nov 29 with 1482 viewswkj

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 13:50 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Without getting you to do all the donkey work for me - would you be able to recommend something cheaper that is good for Football Manager, basic Microsoft Office and streaming (which I don't actually do much of)

For a middle ground between quality and price my pick from what I looked at is this

ASUS TUF FX505DY 15.6 Inch Thin Bezel Full HD Gaming Laptop (AMD Ryzen R5-3550H, AMD Radeon RX560X 4GB Graphics, 512GB PCI-e SSD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07V1CGGMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.Fv4DbRDG0SMJ

While this price isn't as big a deal as it seems, the interest free payments over 5 months makes it a hell of an appealing option for the seasonal stretch.

Crybaby

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 15:24 - Dec 4 with 1152 viewsDarkHorse

Bit late to this, but if you just need a laptop for pissing around on (these will happily play FM), and are happy to buy an open-box return, this will do the job:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352877856508

i3 - 4gb - 1tb drive. Comes in at £271.
Login to get fewer ads

Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 16:26 - Dec 17 with 962 viewshandsomebob9

Listen, this is just a marketing ploy to attract more buyers. Buy at regular times, compare prices, in ordinary online stores. Or do you just like the hype?
Any decent Black Friday deals out there? on 16:46 - Dec 17 with 935 viewsjeera

As everyone says I've not idea about BF or other gimmicks but I can say I like my Lenovo and they seem to have a fair range on their site starting from the 200s going up to the thousands:

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/sale/?IPromoID=LEN983588

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024