Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... 09:39 - Nov 28 with 2566 viewsitfcjoe

....to manage public finances

Via Sky News

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 09:40 - Nov 28 with 2567 viewsDanTheMan

Good job I can vote for someone else and actually make a difference.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:00 - Nov 28 with 2522 viewsSteve_M

Both financially incontinent, both riddled with institutional racism, both lead by incompetents, both refusing to engage with any detail on the biggest change to this country in decades.

What an absolute sh1tshow.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:01 - Nov 28 with 2513 viewsITFC_Forever

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:00 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

Both financially incontinent, both riddled with institutional racism, both lead by incompetents, both refusing to engage with any detail on the biggest change to this country in decades.

Politicians doing their utmost to live up to all the stereotypes.

And making a very decent job of it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:14 - Nov 28 with 2483 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vote LibDem.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:15 - Nov 28 with 2479 viewsDanTheMan

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:14 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

Vote LibDem.

I literally can't even if I wanted to.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:18 - Nov 28 with 2471 viewsSwansea_Blue

Vote Count Binface. Come on people of Uxbridge, you can do it for the country!

"This is...the second once-in-a-generation election in the last few years".

"It's time for sur-real change"

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:23 - Nov 28 with 2457 viewsStokieBlue

Link:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/28/ifs-manifesto-verdict-neither-t

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:28 - Nov 28 with 2447 viewsfooters

Well, the public voted to Leave so doubt they really care about fiscal responsibility :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:35 - Nov 28 with 2426 viewsCoachRob

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:23 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Link:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/28/ifs-manifesto-verdict-neither-t

SB

Do you find the methodology of organisations such as the IFS and the Resolution Foundation to be credible?
So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:36 - Nov 28 with 2421 viewsStokieBlue

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:35 - Nov 28 by CoachRob

Do you find the methodology of organisations such as the IFS and the Resolution Foundation to be credible?

The methodology used in linked in there - do you have what they used to analyse the manifestos?

Given your post I assume you don't - can you explain why rather than have a leading question?

SB

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:40 - Nov 28 with 2408 viewsEwan_Oozami

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:18 - Nov 28 by Swansea_Blue

Vote Count Binface. Come on people of Uxbridge, you can do it for the country!

"This is...the second once-in-a-generation election in the last few years".

"It's time for sur-real change"

Sharing a video from The Sun??????

These are indeed strange times! :-)

As for his manifesto....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:46 - Nov 28 with 2394 viewsSwansea_Blue

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:40 - Nov 28 by Ewan_Oozami

Sharing a video from The Sun??????

These are indeed strange times! :-)

As for his manifesto....

The Sun's where it's at for up to the minute Count Binface news. I like his manifesto - it makes as much sense as the rest of them!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 2389 viewsBackToRussia

I do wonder how many times you could say that any party has had financially credible plans in the past.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:56 - Nov 28 with 2380 viewsStokieBlue

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:48 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

I do wonder how many times you could say that any party has had financially credible plans in the past.

This is a good point although I think it's better to have more information and analysis than less.

I guess Labour upped the ante on analysis when they decided to publish costings last time.

SB

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:04 - Nov 28 with 2349 viewsBackToRussia

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:56 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

This is a good point although I think it's better to have more information and analysis than less.

I guess Labour upped the ante on analysis when they decided to publish costings last time.

SB

Exactly, they were criticised despite making more effort than any other party to be transparent. I'm not actually sure what the IFS are going on for the Tories given they've announced so few actual policies either.

But yes, I fully welcome stuff like this. If we could vote for the most outwardly competent party then things would be much better. It was a disaster for this country when AV lost. The smaller parties should be picking up millions of voters but we know they won't. Even the LD are probably unlikely to gain from this.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:14 - Nov 28 with 2324 viewsSteve_M

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:04 - Nov 28 by BackToRussia

Exactly, they were criticised despite making more effort than any other party to be transparent. I'm not actually sure what the IFS are going on for the Tories given they've announced so few actual policies either.

But yes, I fully welcome stuff like this. If we could vote for the most outwardly competent party then things would be much better. It was a disaster for this country when AV lost. The smaller parties should be picking up millions of voters but we know they won't. Even the LD are probably unlikely to gain from this.

The AV referendum was a Tory stitch up wasn't it? Clegg in his naivety accepted it exactly as Cameron wanted and then the campaign was pretty mendacious (in fact, I think it was Cummings demonstrating his talents for spin and falsehood).

Definitely a lost opportunity.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:24 - Nov 28 with 2299 viewsBrightonBlue

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:01 - Nov 28 by ITFC_Forever

Politicians doing their utmost to live up to all the stereotypes.

And making a very decent job of it.

As an aside, isn't the deputy director of IFS ex Dale Hall and Thurleston? Not sure if a town fan.
So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:40 - Nov 28 with 2260 viewsCoachRob

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:36 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

The methodology used in linked in there - do you have what they used to analyse the manifestos?

Given your post I assume you don't - can you explain why rather than have a leading question?

SB

No fair enough that was a leading question and your right I don't now the exact methodology but I would fall over backwards if it wasn't micro-founded macro analysis given the IFS staff are experts in neoclassical economics.
I am asking you to put your science hat on and give an opinion as to whether this is a credible methodology.
I am asking whether the aggregation problem explained by Philip Anderson is something you believe to be a problem in economics.
So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:46 - Nov 28 with 2249 viewshomer_123

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 10:00 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

Dear Voter by homer_123 27 Nov 2019 11:15
You have the right and opportunity to shape the future of your Country by voting in the upcoming general election.

Your options are:

Ankle deep in shi*
Knee deep in sh*t
Up to your neck in sh*t
Clusterf*ck levels of sh*tness
Monster Raving Looney party

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 12:11 - Nov 28 with 2228 viewsJ2BLUE

And yet if you suggest not voting might be an option people jump on it and call you stupid etc.

Keep voting for Christmas, turkeys. There is little point demanding a change to the electoral system while playing your part in the current one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 12:13 - Nov 28 with 2222 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Well there’s a surprise

This really is going to be the worst election in memory isn’t it? by C_HealyIsAPleasure 12 Nov 2019 13:48
The Tories campaign basically amounts to being ‘Not Corbyn’, getting Brexit done plus lots of promises which almost certainly haven’t been costed and won’t be delivered

The Labour campaign amounts to being ‘Not the Tories’, maybe getting Brexit done plus lots of promises which almost certainly haven’t been costed and won’t be delivered

The Lib Dem’s campaign amounts to being ‘Not the Tories or Labour’, abandoning Brexit...and that’s about it?

Then all the small parties (plus SNP but no one other than Darth cares about Scotland)

I know it’s early days yet but that’s pretty much it isn’t it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 13:18 - Nov 28 with 2166 viewsGuthrum

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 12:11 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

And yet if you suggest not voting might be an option people jump on it and call you stupid etc.

Keep voting for Christmas, turkeys. There is little point demanding a change to the electoral system while playing your part in the current one.

Problem is, it would take around 80% of people not voting for anyone to take notice. Local and Euro election turnouts are frequently down to 35% and nobody bats an eyelid.

More useful might be to form new political parties, standing candidates for people to elect. Mainstream ones, not just the Bury St Edmunds Independence Party or the Fruitarian Party (i.e. regional, minority interest or single issue).

And joining the Electoral Reform Society. Turn it into a significant lobby group.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 13:44 - Nov 28 with 2144 viewsBackToRussia

So IFS say that neither Tories nor Labour have credible plans.... on 11:14 - Nov 28 by Steve_M

The AV referendum was a Tory stitch up wasn't it? Clegg in his naivety accepted it exactly as Cameron wanted and then the campaign was pretty mendacious (in fact, I think it was Cummings demonstrating his talents for spin and falsehood).

Definitely a lost opportunity.

Jesus, Cummings did that as well? He's basically single handedly fooked us as a country.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024