Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner 17:28 - Nov 27 with 2335 viewshampstead_blue

Can't name him as it wasn't an on the record quote, but his personal opinion and I don't think he'd appreciate me naming him.

But......We all know him and he's very bright. I've no idea as to his politics.

His take on Labour's spending?
Excessive and unsustainable. Will put a huge strain on the economy and will unlikely lead to the growth Labour want.
Would probably lead to wage inflation when the Unions start to get to work.

Just sayin.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:29 - Nov 27 with 2305 viewsHerbivore

Given your past track record I'll take this with a pinch of salt.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:32 - Nov 27 with 2283 viewsMeadowlark

Anonymous bloke meets anonymous bloke and cannot quote what he said.......

More breaking news later!!
Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:33 - Nov 27 with 2281 viewsfooters

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:29 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

I spoke to TWO economists earlier today who reckoned Labour's plans would bring us into line with France and Germany, and help stimulate the economy.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:34 - Nov 27 with 2270 viewsGeoffSentence

I am going to guess at Arthur Laffer.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:41 - Nov 27 with 2248 viewsjeera

Why are Unions only associated with Labour all the time?

This past few days alone there have been walk outs in universities and railways as unions have chosen to strike.

It's absurd stereotyping.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:59 - Nov 27 with 2210 viewsPendejo

Is that wage inflation for the workers rather than directors for once?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jan/04/uk-ceos-make-more-in-first-thre

Tory spending is ever so ordinary and sustainable... crossrail, hs2?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:01 - Nov 27 with 2199 viewsSomethingBlue

Funny, that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:02 - Nov 27 with 2194 viewsgordon

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:34 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

I am going to guess at Arthur Laffer.

My money's on Friedrich Hayek.
Login to get fewer ads

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:38 - Nov 27 with 2152 viewsBlueBadger

Funnily enough, I met leading psychologist down the White Horse in Sudbury and HE said that people that make up intentionally vague anecdotes intended to bolster their stated views are the sort of people who touch dogs' willies for a hobby.

Just sayin'.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 18:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:39 - Nov 27 with 2141 viewsBlueAsTory

We will be back to power cuts & strikes, what a horrible thought.
Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:42 - Nov 27 with 2134 viewslowhouseblue

well it's not rocket science is it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:43 - Nov 27 with 2133 viewslowhouseblue

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:33 - Nov 27 by footers

I spoke to TWO economists earlier today who reckoned Labour's plans would bring us into line with France and Germany, and help stimulate the economy.

home economists don't count though.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:54 - Nov 27 with 2102 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Well if you knew who I was sat next to in the Cobbold stand last night your man would be eating humble pie...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 2075 viewsEastTownBlue

Never thought that I would quote Jacob Rees Mogg, but he said recently, "If you ask an economist anything, you get the answer you want."
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 19:00]
Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:07 - Nov 27 with 2040 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's settled then

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:07 - Nov 27 with 2044 viewsBlueBadger

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:00 - Nov 27 by EastTownBlue

Never thought that I would quote Jacob Rees Mogg, but he said recently, "If you ask an economist anything, you get the answer you want."
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 19:00]

I'm surprised that a keen Brexiteer such as Hammers would be so keen to listen to an expert in the first place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:16 - Nov 27 with 2016 viewsjaykay

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:29 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

walter mitty comes to mind

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:21 - Nov 27 with 2006 viewsfooters

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 18:43 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

home economists don't count though.

Those lot support your 'third way' of using half Stork and half butter. Can't be trusted.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:25 - Nov 27 with 2005 viewsBlueBadger

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:16 - Nov 27 by jaykay

walter mitty comes to mind

Particularly given his habit of trumpeting his military achievements.

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:25 - Nov 27 with 1995 viewslowhouseblue

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:21 - Nov 27 by footers

Those lot support your 'third way' of using half Stork and half butter. Can't be trusted.

jeez, there won't be butter under a corbyn government.

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:41 - Nov 27 with 1947 viewsBloomBlue

My 8 year old grandson could tell you that you didn't need to ask an economists
Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:43 - Nov 27 with 1937 viewshampstead_blue

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 17:32 - Nov 27 by Meadowlark

Anonymous bloke meets anonymous bloke and cannot quote what he said.......

More breaking news later!!

I know, exciting.

The problem is I'd really feel uncomfortable naming him. I guess it does rather hollow out the conversation.....hey ho.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:46 - Nov 27 with 1927 viewseireblue

If you had managed to get another economist in the room, then you would have had three opinions and a slightly less dull anecdote.
Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:48 - Nov 27 with 1917 viewshampstead_blue

Talking of economists.....last night I met one at an industry dinner on 19:46 - Nov 27 by eireblue

If you had managed to get another economist in the room, then you would have had three opinions and a slightly less dull anecdote.

My hangover is still raging.
A bright start to the day was that we stayed at Hyde Park Barracks, the Household Cavalry.

The room overlooked the square where the horses mount.
We go to see the pre-guard inspection and teh Duty Officer and SNCO saluting them as they rode out to mount the guard.

Very cool and a great way to start a hang-over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024