Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... 15:04 - Nov 27 with 4193 viewsITFC_Forever

... in the club's folklore, along with:

- Bob Hamer awarding a penalty against Phil Whelan for a perfect tackle on Dean Saunders in August 1992.
- Clive Thomas and his 70's antics in the FAC semi-finals.
- The ref who awarded the goal against us (Clive Thomas again if I am not mistaken) when it hit the outside of the stanchion.
- Kevin Lynch giving a penalty, then changing his mind, to give us (and then not) the chance to equalise late on at Carrow Road in November 1995.
- Paul Durkin sending off John Wark, again at Carrow Road, this time in Autumn 1994.

It's particularly special when you an remember the name of the ref in question. That's the true measure of incompetence.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 15:34]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:19 - Nov 27 with 2190 viewsPhilTWTD

Roy Capey was the referee for the goal that never was at Chelsea.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:20 - Nov 27 with 2188 viewsITFC_Forever

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:19 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

Before my time, so can't possibly comment.

Went for Thomas on the law of probability....

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:21 - Nov 27 with 2184 viewsPhilTWTD

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:20 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

Before my time, so can't possibly comment.

Went for Thomas on the law of probability....

A more than fair shout given his history. Apparently Capey was refereeing at Colchester a week or so later on a Friday night and a load of Town fans turned up and pretended to celebrate a goal every time a shot went wide.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:26 - Nov 27 with 2160 viewsSteve_M

Yes, Bob Hamer's name came to my mind last night. That and the Marcus Stewart sending off, although I can't think who that was.

You need to expand on Kevin Lynch, you've missed the crucial part that he rescinded it. The cu nt.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:28 - Nov 27 with 2149 viewsDyland

It will only enter folklore if Wycombe beat us to second place by a point or whatever :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:32 - Nov 27 with 2135 viewsGeoffSentence

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:26 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Yes, Bob Hamer's name came to my mind last night. That and the Marcus Stewart sending off, although I can't think who that was.

You need to expand on Kevin Lynch, you've missed the crucial part that he rescinded it. The cu nt.

Rescinded it after being mobbed by Nodgers. Who says refs dont give in to pressure

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:35 - Nov 27 with 2118 viewsITFC_Forever

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:26 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Sorry, rushed my post and missed some crucial information out of the Lynch one.... duly edited.

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:35 - Nov 27 with 2117 viewsSteve_M

Oh yes, and Cambridge away in '91. When Forrest had the ball forced out of his arms for their goal.

I should remember who that ref was but the loss of Pride of Anglia means I can't check.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 16:10]

Login to get fewer ads

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:37 - Nov 27 with 2105 viewsGeoffSentence

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:35 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Oh yes, and Cambridge away in '91. When Forrest had the ball forced out of his arms for their goal.

I should remember who that ref was but the loss of Pride of Anglia means I can't check.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 16:10]

Forrest being called over to the ref to be booked, and the ref allowing Man U to take a quick free kick before he could get back for the 8th goal in that game.

Travesty.

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:38 - Nov 27 with 2091 viewsHerbivore

Think that was D'Urso that sent Stewart off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:41 - Nov 27 with 2080 viewsSteve_M

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:38 - Nov 27 by Herbivore

Think that was D'Urso that sent Stewart off.

It can't have been, he sent McGreal off at Chelsea about a week before. For questioning a really soft penalty.

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:43 - Nov 27 with 2071 viewsPhilTWTD

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:41 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

It can't have been, he sent McGreal off at Chelsea about a week before. For questioning a really soft penalty.

For calling him a "big-time Charlie"! Stewart 'You're cheating Harte' referee was Peter Jones.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:44 - Nov 27 with 2055 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:19 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

I was behind that goal that day (as was the ball)as I might have mentioned before.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:48 - Nov 27 with 2031 viewsPhilTWTD

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:44 - Nov 27 by PJH

I was behind that goal that day (as was the ball)as I might have mentioned before.

What was the reaction to the decision? Bewilderment followed by anger?
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:48 - Nov 27 with 2033 viewsITFC_Forever

Thought we were going to get a similar one to Stewart's last night when Garbutt was booked for his tackle on Wheeler who spectacularly leapt out of the way.

And this is why VAR should not be allowed in football. on 15:51 - Nov 27 with 2018 viewshomer_123

As annoying, frustrating and downright wrong these are, the fact we talk about them and for so long, is what makes football what it is.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:53 - Nov 27 with 2010 viewsPJH

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:48 - Nov 27 by PhilTWTD

What was the reaction to the decision? Bewilderment followed by anger?

Yes, that is about it.

Chelsea supporters in parts of the ground went up because as often happens shots look like they have gone in from different angles.

David Best was placing the ball for the goalkick and the referee was back in the centre circle.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:54 - Nov 27 with 1999 viewsITFC_Forever

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:53 - Nov 27 by PJH

Yes, that is about it.

Chelsea supporters in parts of the ground went up because as often happens shots look like they have gone in from different angles.

David Best was placing the ball for the goalkick and the referee was back in the centre circle.

You would hope that in this day and age, the scoring team would allow the opposition to walk one in unopposed to right the wrong.

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:57 - Nov 27 with 1988 viewsIpswichKnight

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:37 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

Forrest being called over to the ref to be booked, and the ref allowing Man U to take a quick free kick before he could get back for the 8th goal in that game.

Travesty.

I nearly got chucked out that day the stewards were convinced I was the one who chucked batteries at the ref after, only after showing them my walkman ( yes kids it was the days before iphones and they needed 2 AA batteries ) did they believe me.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:58 - Nov 27 with 1980 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:44 - Nov 27 by PJH

As was I.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:01 - Nov 27 with 1972 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 15:58 - Nov 27 by blueislander

As was I.

Among all the thoroughly deserved criticism of the ref last night, it is worth mentioning that he should have sent off Chambers. I assume that the assessor will have noted that too.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:05 - Nov 27 with 1944 viewsDyland

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:01 - Nov 27 by blueislander

Among all the thoroughly deserved criticism of the ref last night, it is worth mentioning that he should have sent off Chambers. I assume that the assessor will have noted that too.

Hasn't that rule changed? If the foul results in a penalty, no red card needed.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:06 - Nov 27 with 1919 viewsGeoffSentence

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:05 - Nov 27 by Dyland

Hasn't that rule changed? If the foul results in a penalty, no red card needed.

I think you can still get red carded if no attempt was made to play the ball. Hence why Chambers was sent off against Leeds last season.

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:09 - Nov 27 with 1902 viewsblueislander

The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:06 - Nov 27 by GeoffSentence

I think you can still get red carded if no attempt was made to play the ball. Hence why Chambers was sent off against Leeds last season.

There was no attempt to play the ball. In ordinary open play it would have been a yellow.
The disallowed goal last night seems set to join other great ITFC injustices.... on 16:12 - Nov 27 with 1890 viewsBlueRaider

Keren Barrett - Cambridge away, 1992, allowed their goal when their player basically barged into Craig Forrest

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024