Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker 08:15 - Nov 27 with 844 viewsitfcjoe

Rock and roll football......

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 08:18 - Nov 27 with 830 viewsKieran_Knows

These are the days,

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:05 - Nov 27 with 756 viewsGuthrum

We did have attacking players on the pitch - Huws, Nolan, the wing-backs, two up top. Supposedly our most exciting (fit) offensive selections. The trouble was that they were unable to impose themselves upon the game - or when they did, were thwarted by poor finishing (or the Ref).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:07 - Nov 27 with 748 viewsBluefish

Red lines joe

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:15 - Nov 27 with 733 viewsJakeITFC

I think it actually worked - Wycombe’s game was entirely about those second balls from Akinfenwa so it made sense to swarm that area. The keepers kicking was absolutely brilliant in its accuracy and so it was a constant need.

For all the negativity around last night, we basically nullified the leagues form team and should have won. Frustrating but not disastrous.
3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:18 - Nov 27 with 717 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Surely that Midfield would have suited Judge or Dozzell. Huws and Nolan are far too similar.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:19 - Nov 27 with 715 viewsHerbivore

Three at the back doesn't work for us and last night highlighted why. Wilson was so often our free man and several times he put the ball out of play. He's not good enough on the ball and he's not a natural left sider, that goes for both him and Nsiala who are our two options as left sided CBs. We also had three men marking Akinfenwa which was completely unnecessary. Such a frustrating night, despite the corrupt ref we ought to have been too good for them. They were a pub side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:24 - Nov 27 with 697 viewsBluefish

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:18 - Nov 27 by TRUE_BLUE123

Surely that Midfield would have suited Judge or Dozzell. Huws and Nolan are far too similar.

Pre match I said if 5 at the back I would drop Skuse in for wilson and either play dozzel or drop Nolan back and play judge. The team seem far to negative against a team that would turn up to contain us

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:24 - Nov 27 with 700 viewsHullblue

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:15 - Nov 27 by JakeITFC

I think it actually worked - Wycombe’s game was entirely about those second balls from Akinfenwa so it made sense to swarm that area. The keepers kicking was absolutely brilliant in its accuracy and so it was a constant need.

For all the negativity around last night, we basically nullified the leagues form team and should have won. Frustrating but not disastrous.

Agree with this. Going the other way, Wycombe also had to adapt after about 15 minutes to stop Garbutt wreaking havoc down the left, which pushed them back further.

My only issue tactically was Lambert bringing both Edwards and Rowe on - can understand him changing the shape but neither of them are in good form. We had one chance to break and Edwards put it in the stand, rather than playing an easy pass inside. I know he scored on Saturday, but he also put 3 crosses behind the goal.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:55 - Nov 27 with 660 viewsdavblue

3 centre backs, Skuse sitting in front - marking 1 striker on 09:15 - Nov 27 by JakeITFC

I thought we kept Bayo very quiet and played him well, stopped crosses coming in.

Midfield is an issue at the moment, we don't look clever enough to break teams down or have the wide players who can get crosses in.

The service to the strikers was awful last night and has for most of the season, we still look like we have to work so hard to get a goal and the pumping it long to the strikers doesn't work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024