Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was shocking. 22:45 - Nov 26 with 6136 viewsMrTown

No composure, no creativity, no invention. Nobody wants the ball, nobody shows for the ball, nobody makes clever runs off the ball. Really really bad football side.

Long ball route 1 hoof sh*te once again.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 23:43]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We are a shocking football side. on 22:50 - Nov 26 with 4900 viewsbackwaywhen

Lamber is the problem , we have the players , but his constant tinkering and calling off matches has put us backwards , plus the fact that he is tactically inept !
Harsh but true I’m afraid.
We are a shocking football side. on 22:52 - Nov 26 with 4882 viewsjudespiveyg

Disagree, we were unlucky not to win, played some nice stuff without creating too many clear chances. Teams set up ridiculously defensively against us so not always easy to break down. You are right that not everyone runs off the ball well enough, particularly Skuse.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

We are a shocking football side. on 22:53 - Nov 26 with 4861 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 22:50 - Nov 26 by backwaywhen

Lamber is the problem , we have the players , but his constant tinkering and calling off matches has put us backwards , plus the fact that he is tactically inept !
Harsh but true I’m afraid.

He has been here over 12 months now. Has he built a style of play? On tonight’s evidence he may have but it’s just a poor mans Mick McCarthy.

We are a shocking football side. on 22:55 - Nov 26 with 4841 viewsbackwaywhen

We are a shocking football side. on 22:52 - Nov 26 by judespiveyg

Disagree, we were unlucky not to win, played some nice stuff without creating too many clear chances. Teams set up ridiculously defensively against us so not always easy to break down. You are right that not everyone runs off the ball well enough, particularly Skuse.

Read above again ... tactically inept , or he would find a solution , but he can’t !
We are a shocking football side. on 22:56 - Nov 26 with 4833 viewsMrTown

I don’t think we played some nice stuff. In patches in the first half, but not in the second at all.

I do agree teams set up so defensively against us at home, but is the answer to that playing 5 at the back?

We are well aware teams set up that way against now, it is the managers job to prepare and coach how to break that down. Hoofballs is exactly what teams will want us to do, bread and butter.

Lack of clever movement especially in the final third has been a problem for many years now.

We are a shocking football side. on 22:58 - Nov 26 with 4814 viewsunstableblue

What utter rubbish...

That was a tough game against a difficult opposition, who made it very hard to play.

We still managed 65% possession. And whilst I agree we struggled at times we had passages of play that had real merit, and there was movement. Blackpool game some of our play was excellent.

And do you know what I left entertained by the amount of incident and endeavour.

Too many posters tonight not looking at the bigger picture. This league is hard; and we're still in touch with top spot.

"No composure, no creativity, no invention." that was what we endured for a number of seasons of late.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

We are a shocking football side. on 22:58 - Nov 26 with 4808 viewsjudespiveyg

We are a shocking football side. on 22:55 - Nov 26 by backwaywhen

Read above again ... tactically inept , or he would find a solution , but he can’t !

Yeah alright let's sack the manager while we're second, I fail to see how he's a problem. Horrible, ugly teams like Wycombe aren't easy for anyone to break down. Lots of crying and bed wetting on here tonight.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

We are a shocking football side. on 23:05 - Nov 26 with 4761 viewsMrTown

We are a shocking football side. on 22:58 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

What utter rubbish...

That was a tough game against a difficult opposition, who made it very hard to play.

We still managed 65% possession. And whilst I agree we struggled at times we had passages of play that had real merit, and there was movement. Blackpool game some of our play was excellent.

And do you know what I left entertained by the amount of incident and endeavour.

Too many posters tonight not looking at the bigger picture. This league is hard; and we're still in touch with top spot.

"No composure, no creativity, no invention." that was what we endured for a number of seasons of late.

Calm down sweetheart...

Let’s look at the bigger picture, the bigger picture is we aren’t that good at all, we are fortunate that most other teams are even worse.

Would be pointless moving up to the Championship though.

Login to get fewer ads

We are a shocking football side. on 23:08 - Nov 26 with 4745 viewsSomethingBlue

No, that's too strong. Not great tonight and we need to find a way to be more fluent and incisive against opponents like that, but nor was it bad — and if we had sneaked it through a goal that should have stood we'd all be saying we'd toughed it out and found a way to win. Very frustrating as I've posted below but I think we'll be OK.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

We are a shocking football side. on 23:16 - Nov 26 with 4708 viewsunstableblue

We are a shocking football side. on 23:05 - Nov 26 by MrTown

Calm down sweetheart...

Let’s look at the bigger picture, the bigger picture is we aren’t that good at all, we are fortunate that most other teams are even worse.

We were the better side tonight; had 65% possession. Played well in parts. Fought hard against a tough team. Norwood should have scored. We should have had a penalty for blatant hand ball after a nice move. Had a good goal disallowed.

We were the better side Saturday as well.

We've had injuries to Norwood, now also to probably our two best player in Downes and KVY.

Huws - despite struggling with the midfield battle tonight - is fit, and Donacien is filling in well.

If we go up the club will be in a better state than for some years.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

We are a shocking football side. on 23:17 - Nov 26 with 4696 views26_Paz

We’re second in the league. Get a grip man.

The Paz Man

We are a shocking football side. on 00:06 - Nov 27 with 4593 viewsblueconscience

You get what you pay for!!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

We are a shocking football side. on 00:10 - Nov 27 with 4578 viewspointofblue

We are a shocking football side. on 23:16 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

We were the better side tonight; had 65% possession. Played well in parts. Fought hard against a tough team. Norwood should have scored. We should have had a penalty for blatant hand ball after a nice move. Had a good goal disallowed.

We were the better side Saturday as well.

We've had injuries to Norwood, now also to probably our two best player in Downes and KVY.

Huws - despite struggling with the midfield battle tonight - is fit, and Donacien is filling in well.

If we go up the club will be in a better state than for some years.

Downes had a virus so should hopefully not be laid off for too long.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We are a shocking football side. on 06:15 - Nov 27 with 4397 viewsMancBlue86

You’re a sad f**k who know s**t all about football. Fan? Laughable mate

Poll: Who should be in goal tommorow?

We are a shocking football side. on 06:22 - Nov 27 with 4384 viewsDeano69

Behave yourself.

In the few moments the ball was in play between dozens of free kicks and time wasting, we passed and played pretty decently. No, the finished article we are not, but we are more than capable at this level.

Both Wycombe and The Ref done a number on us, naivety against an anti-footballing side, yes I would agree to that.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

We are a shocking football side. on 06:23 - Nov 27 with 4381 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We are a shocking football side. on 06:15 - Nov 27 by MancBlue86

You’re a sad f**k who know s**t all about football. Fan? Laughable mate

Someone’s hit the shandies early today

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We are a shocking football side. on 06:25 - Nov 27 with 4376 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

That said OP is ridiculous

Yes last night was disappointing and recent results and performances are a concern, but we’re still second in the table with games in hand that can take us top. We’re obviously not ‘shocking’, get a grip

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We are a shocking football side. on 06:57 - Nov 27 with 4257 viewsBlueAllOver

We are a shocking football side. on 22:58 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

What utter rubbish...

You are so blinkered it's unreal, the style of football under PL is no better than under MM and at a worse level. Yet you dug yourself into such a hole you will never admit that.

How anyone can say we didn't play long ball for the most part of that match, they can't be watching the game. Not that I am saying that there is anything particularly wrong with a long ball game at times but to rewrite history to have a pop at our most successful manager of recent times and make out PL is a savior, laughable.
We are a shocking football side. on 07:03 - Nov 27 with 4235 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Calm down sweetheart...

"Calm down sweetheart.." He said, instantly revealing he's not worth spending time arguing with.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

We are a shocking football side. on 07:05 - Nov 27 with 4221 viewspeterleeblue

Calm down sweetheart...

League 1 isn't very good. Its not pretty.
Little bits of individual quality generally turn games but waht goes on in between is largely a slog
Its a division of scrapping and by and large sh!t housery.
You just need to get out of it.
We are a shocking football side. on 07:30 - Nov 27 with 4078 viewsunstableblue

We are a shocking football side. on 06:57 - Nov 27 by BlueAllOver

You are so blinkered it's unreal, the style of football under PL is no better than under MM and at a worse level. Yet you dug yourself into such a hole you will never admit that.

How anyone can say we didn't play long ball for the most part of that match, they can't be watching the game. Not that I am saying that there is anything particularly wrong with a long ball game at times but to rewrite history to have a pop at our most successful manager of recent times and make out PL is a savior, laughable.

First few seasons under Mick were good with Murphy and Premiership loans like Fraser. Last couple we were outplayed at home regularly, low possession and shot stats - FACT. Attendances dropped to low numbers - FACT. The atmosphere was toxic - FACT. No rewriting of history there.

I’m not saying everything is rosy at present under PL. And agree we went long too many times. But we are passing better, we look to get the ball forward as a rule. We are getting 65% possession stats,
Multiple shots. Atmosphere and entertainment levels at home and away are greatly improved. FACT.

We’ve yet to annihilate a team, and I still think Lambert gets selections wrong, for example Edwards and timings of subs - Edwards last night.

But we’re second in the league and still a chance to be top; the league is tough as shown last night in a horror game that remained exciting. We could have fallen apart in the league after last season. We have exciting youth that are getting games.

But certainly not re-writing history and not blinkered. Be a bit more positive.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 7:38]

We are a shocking football side. on 07:44 - Nov 27 with 4010 viewsChondzoresk

Zero shots on target all match, official stats. Not good enough, but 65% possession. Norwood needlessly got himself booked, contributed very little. Fantastic save from Holy. Overall, they were there to be beaten. Chance not taken. We are still second, but need to improve.
We are a shocking football side. on 07:50 - Nov 27 with 3989 viewsbraveblue

We won’t break teams down with three central defenders and Skuse just sitting in front. Massively defensive.
We are a shocking football side. on 07:52 - Nov 27 with 3967 viewsSuperblue95

We are a shocking football side. on 06:23 - Nov 27 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Someone’s hit the shandies early today

He’s got a point though and it made me chuckle too which isn’t easy to do this side of 9:00

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We are a shocking football side. on 07:56 - Nov 27 with 3950 viewsblueoxford

We are a shocking football side. on 07:50 - Nov 27 by braveblue

We won’t break teams down with three central defenders and Skuse just sitting in front. Massively defensive.

I think that there are some massive overreactions on here.

We do play some good stuff, but they camped 10 men behind the ball, which was hard to break down.

The one thing that I thought was poor last night was the quality of our crosses, especially Garbutt’s freekicks into the box.

It gave Norwood et al nothing to flick/head/glance etc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024