Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal 21:17 - Nov 25 with 4275 viewsBloomBlue

She held her own reasonably well, but did start to get a bit flustered. Neil probably put Scottish independence on hold for another 50 years with the facts he put to her. The Neil debates with the other party leaders will be fun.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 21:24]
The Marr / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 21:22 - Nov 25 with 4248 viewslowhouseblue

not andrew neil?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Marr / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 21:23 - Nov 25 with 4245 viewsBloomBlue

The Marr / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 21:22 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

not andrew neil?

Oh yeah sorry.
The Marr / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 21:23 - Nov 25 with 4247 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nothing to see here, just responding to s numpty
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 0:46]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Marr / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 21:25 - Nov 25 with 4229 viewsBloomBlue

The Marr / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 21:22 - Nov 25 by lowhouseblue

not andrew neil?

Updated thanks
The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 22:14 - Nov 25 with 4140 viewsWeWereZombies

I've just watched the highlight on the BBC web page but it looked awkward, perhaps more for Neil than for Sturgeon. She held back from accusing him of misquoting the SNP manifesto but if it turns out that he did get it wrong then, on top of the doctoring of Johnson's poor reception in Sheffield, it looks like it is already a bad week for the Beeb.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 22:47 - Nov 25 with 4091 viewsDarth_Koont

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 22:14 - Nov 25 by WeWereZombies

I've just watched the highlight on the BBC web page but it looked awkward, perhaps more for Neil than for Sturgeon. She held back from accusing him of misquoting the SNP manifesto but if it turns out that he did get it wrong then, on top of the doctoring of Johnson's poor reception in Sheffield, it looks like it is already a bad week for the Beeb.

Indeed.

And I didn’t hear a question that Sturgeon hasn’t answered before. Just that Neil has a hot and heavy style like he’s coming up with something she can’t possibly answer. I think he confuses badgering incredulity with incisive questioning.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:06 - Nov 26 with 3915 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:51 - Nov 26 with 3854 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:06 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

Shame we didn't get to see her response

Login to get fewer ads

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:57 - Nov 26 with 3835 viewsHARRY10

"The best 43 seconds of TV I have ever seen"

really.... honestly ?
The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:59 - Nov 26 with 3832 viewsNo9

Why is some one well to the right of politics with right wing tax avoiding emplyers allowed to take part in political debate?

Hardly surprsing he gave Ms Sturgeon a rough ride is it?
The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 3817 viewsflimflam

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:59 - Nov 26 by No9

Why is some one well to the right of politics with right wing tax avoiding emplyers allowed to take part in political debate?

Andrew Neil right wing???

Ok then.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:20 - Nov 26 with 3799 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:12 - Nov 26 by flimflam

Ok then.

Really?

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:24 - Nov 26 with 3792 viewsDanTheMan

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:12 - Nov 26 by flimflam

Ok then.

Do some reading on his career history and his time at University.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 3762 viewsGeoffSentence

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:20 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

Really?

It's all a matter of perspective. If you are out there with Farage and Robinson, most other people look like lefties.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:51 - Nov 26 with 3724 viewsWeWereZombies

That will be a walk in the park compared to what she has in store:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/scot-squad-chief-cameron-miekelson-to-grill

For what it is worth I do not think Andrew Neil comes across that well in the clip you posted (and that is after making an allowance for the speeding up of his voice that makes him sound like he is on nitrous oxide).
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 10:14]

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:52 - Nov 26 with 3724 viewsmrshallisfit

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 09:24 - Nov 26 by DanTheMan

Do some reading on his career history and his time at University.

Reading and flimflam. I don't think so.
The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 10:33 - Nov 26 with 3667 viewsbluebud

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:59 - Nov 26 by No9

...he gave her a rough ride as she and her Government are incompetent - he did it with gusto because the SNP stand up every week in parliament calling everyone else incompetent and shameful.
The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 12:26 - Nov 26 with 3521 viewsFPL_Tractor

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 08:57 - Nov 26 by HARRY10

"The best 43 seconds of TV I have ever seen"

really.... honestly ?

Someone obviously has never seen Gary Lineker's 1990s football based series "All in the Game".

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 14:08 - Nov 26 with 3430 viewsWeWereZombies

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 10:33 - Nov 26 by bluebud

...he gave her a rough ride as she and her Government are incompetent - he did it with gusto because the SNP stand up every week in parliament calling everyone else incompetent and shameful.

If you accept that the SNP are incompetent (I do not think they are but their spiders web of family and friends that get things done is not exactly twenty first century) then I think you have to accept that most of the other parties, Conservative and Labour especially, are worse:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50552295

I have suffered a bit myself from long waiting times but I also think that in the six years I have been resident in Scotland the service I have got from the NHS had been much better than when I lived in England.

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 18:03 - Nov 26 with 3370 viewsreadtheleaguetable

He doesn’t know the difference between an interview and a rant, does he ? And he is obnoxiously belligerent and self satisfied.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 19:31 - Nov 26 with 3311 viewsPinewoodblue

He is doing a better job on Corbyn. Jeremy was asked what percentage of income tax was paid by the 5% his best attempt at an answer was "quite a lot"

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 23:43 - Nov 26 with 3194 viewsbluebud

The Neil / Sturgeon debate was brutal on 14:08 - Nov 26 by WeWereZombies

If you accept that the SNP are incompetent (I do not think they are but their spiders web of family and friends that get things done is not exactly twenty first century) then I think you have to accept that most of the other parties, Conservative and Labour especially, are worse:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50552295

I have suffered a bit myself from long waiting times but I also think that in the six years I have been resident in Scotland the service I have got from the NHS had been much better than when I lived in England.

I don't have to accept that. There's no reason to....I was commenting on the SNP, I know it's election time and everyone is trying to make everything party political but this has nothing to do with it.

I am Scottish, I have lived in East Anglia since I was 21. I'm happy you've gotten good treatment mate and I hope you're well. When you say the service was better, what do you mean? The bedside bonhomie? Quality of treatment? Waiting time?

I think it also makes a difference where you live....Stirling and Perth I'd imagine are under less strain than Glasgow for example. It also matters when you got your treatment in England I guess.

The SNP government is very well funded on health for a population of 5 million and Glasgow And Edinburgh are only 50 miles apart.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024