Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's a good job that government policy hasn't crippled overseas recruitment... 09:41 - Nov 25 with 753 viewsBlueBadger

..otherwise this policy would look like utter pie-in-the-sky posturing about trying to solve a problem they've mostly created.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/half-of-50000-nurses-promised-by-tori
[Post edited 25 Nov 2019 9:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's a good job that government policy hasn't crippled overseas recruitment... on 09:57 - Nov 25 with 719 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd have thought that rather than focussing on top line numbers, the more important thing would be to sort out training, recruitment and retention. But what do I know?

I did see somewhere that the 50,000 was rubbish anyway as about 20k of those are not 'new' but rather an attempt to prevent existing nurses from leaving. No idea if that's true, and that's the problem with just looking at the numbers as it's easy to get into point scoring.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's a good job that government policy hasn't crippled overseas recruitment... on 10:02 - Nov 25 with 706 viewsStokieBlue

It's not 50,000 new nurses and Labour have said 28,000 new nurses costs ~1bn so I assume it's actually 28,000 new nurses and 22,000 nurses retained or rehired but without any extra money.

Something isn't right somewhere and it's good it's being exposed. Both parties should have unrealistic policies challenged and exposed and that information related to the public so people can make an informed choice.

It won't be though, many will have seen the 50,000 figure during the announcement and not think about it again until they put the X in the box.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

It's a good job that government policy hasn't crippled overseas recruitment... on 10:31 - Nov 25 with 690 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a good job that government policy hasn't crippled overseas recruitment... on 10:02 - Nov 25 by StokieBlue

It's not 50,000 new nurses and Labour have said 28,000 new nurses costs ~1bn so I assume it's actually 28,000 new nurses and 22,000 nurses retained or rehired but without any extra money.

Something isn't right somewhere and it's good it's being exposed. Both parties should have unrealistic policies challenged and exposed and that information related to the public so people can make an informed choice.

It won't be though, many will have seen the 50,000 figure during the announcement and not think about it again until they put the X in the box.

SB

I hadn't been paying attention, but it seems 19,000 of these 'new' nurses are already nurses in the NHS. They're simply going to try and reduce the leave rate. Disingenuous to say the least.

It comes to something when Piers Morgan is on the case. This defence of the lie by Nicky Morgan is painful to watch.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024