Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct 14:15 - Nov 24 with 1266 viewsfactual_blue

Bit puzzled when I was trying to book my train tickets to the match yesterday. My debit card (less than a month old after I lost one) was being declined by the train website.

On the way to Stowmarket station I saw I'd had a call from the bank.

Rang them from the station. 'Somebody's found your lost debit card Mr Factual, and handed it in.'

I pointed out that I'd got my debit card.

'Hold the line, Mr Factual, I'll transfer you to Lost Cards'.

After a few minutes of listening to the inevitable Vivaldi, I spoke to somebody else. It seems somebody had found the card I'd lost a month ago, contacted First Direct who, without checking what the number on the card was, had cancelled my current card. She admitted they shouldn't have done that, but she couldn't 'uncancel' it and I'd have to wait three days or so for another new card. I grumped at this, and she said she'd send me £30, which covered my match ticket, train ticket, car parking and half time cuppa.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 15:45 - Nov 24 with 1146 viewsjaykay

do you lose your card often and a little later your wife contacts first direct to say they have found someones card

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 16:30 - Nov 24 with 1093 viewsBent_double

They are a very generous bank, I had a loan with them a few years ago, which I had no problems with, I was happily paying it back every month. They then sent me a letter apologising that the wording on the terms and conditions wasn't correct (according to the financial ombudsman or someone), so they said they were refunding the interest I had paid out on the loan. A few days later £700 appeared in my current account, happy days!

(I'm sure it wasn't just me, must have cost them a small fortune).

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 16:48 - Nov 24 with 1065 viewsfooters

Ever thought about after-dinner speaking, facters?

Wkj would be more than happy to shell out for your services after her next Al Fresco Society luncheon, I'm sure.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 17:07 - Nov 24 with 1019 viewsPinewoodblue

Surely you will use the money to go to another game?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 17:17 - Nov 24 with 1000 viewsWeWereZombies

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 16:30 - Nov 24 by Bent_double

They are a very generous bank, I had a loan with them a few years ago, which I had no problems with, I was happily paying it back every month. They then sent me a letter apologising that the wording on the terms and conditions wasn't correct (according to the financial ombudsman or someone), so they said they were refunding the interest I had paid out on the loan. A few days later £700 appeared in my current account, happy days!

(I'm sure it wasn't just me, must have cost them a small fortune).

On the other hand they have cut the interest paid on Regular Saver account from 5% to 2.75%, you could take it that that is where they have managed to find the money.

But they are a paragon amongst banks when it comes to getting help on sorting things out.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 17:43 - Nov 24 with 950 viewsBLUEBEAT

match ticket, train ticket, car parking and half time cuppa costs less than £30?!?!

Wowzers.

Poll: W or W

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 19:00 - Nov 24 with 878 viewsfactual_blue

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 16:48 - Nov 24 by footers

Ever thought about after-dinner speaking, facters?

Wkj would be more than happy to shell out for your services after her next Al Fresco Society luncheon, I'm sure.

That would be after-lunch speaking.

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 19:02 - Nov 24 with 876 viewsfactual_blue

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 17:43 - Nov 24 by BLUEBEAT

match ticket, train ticket, car parking and half time cuppa costs less than £30?!?!

Wowzers.

Well, all but about £1.50 then

Login to get fewer ads

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 19:28 - Nov 24 with 832 viewsfooters

Free afternoon out at the footy yesterday, thanks to First Direct on 19:00 - Nov 24 by factual_blue

That would be after-lunch speaking.

We have standard media-industry luncheons.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024