Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrated but satisfied 11:12 - Nov 24 with 1839 viewsGarv

A good performance but not winning was frustrating, partly because that was a clear bit of cheating and never a penalty, and because we might have had a perfectly good goal chalked off.

Lambert’s right, we had control of most of the game. I feel that was more of a ‘90 minute performance’ in that we didn’t have any particularly poor periods, but equally we weren’t brilliant for the whole game.

Honourable mentions for Chambers and Donacien. They were both excellent yesterday. You can say he shouldn’t have gone to ground but if the player gets a shot off instead of taking an extra touch and Chambers doesn’t make a challenge he gets slaughtered. And obviously, it wasn’t a foul. Otherwise he won pretty much everything and made several crucial interceptions. JD was noteworthy because fans don’t have much faith in him, and I think he proved a few people wrong. Displays like that will start to convince people he can be a good deputy to KVY.

I thought Jackson was poor. How long does he get excused for having a poor first touch just because Norwood isn’t beside him to mop up? I don’t think he was good enough yesterday. Not much he tried came off and simple give and goes often lost up possession.

Excellent penalty from Garbutt.

Wingers were underwhelming again. I almost felt sorry Edwards because a couple of times second half he beat a man only to run into another man and eventually lose the ball. Both he and Rowe need to learn the value of delivering an early ball. Can’t ignore the goal to be fair to GE and Rowe adored a similar goal at Rochdale, but they have to provide more. AG also did nothing coming on, but I’m not sure that was all his fault as it took about 10 minutes to be given the ball.

One thing that frustrates me so much about our side, now and over the last years, is that we don’t run into space when it’s in front of us. We are petrified of running forward with the ball. Bishop is the only one that really does it, Lankester perhaps too. We need to start recognising when there is space to use when we receive the ball off the defence. So often yesterday all it needed was the player to turn and run into the space, but we take the safe option 9 times out of 10 and it goes backwards or sideways again. I’m sorry, but Skuse is a huge offender.

Oh well. If we win Tuesday I’ll be satisfied with 4 points from the two games.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Frustrated but satisfied on 11:20 - Nov 24 with 1806 viewscarlisleaway

Two things which frustrate me as an Ipswich fan, why do we have Everyman back for a corner....when the corner is cleared it comes straight back as we have no one up front.

Also WHY the lack of shots on goal, Skuse was in a great position yesterday but decided to pass the ball wide. I don’t care if the ball ends up in Row Z just have a go, look at the winning Peterborough goal yesterday.......would we have had a dig that far out, I don’t think so.
Frustrated but satisfied on 11:29 - Nov 24 with 1783 viewsDyland

Frustrated but satisfied on 11:20 - Nov 24 by carlisleaway

Two things which frustrate me as an Ipswich fan, why do we have Everyman back for a corner....when the corner is cleared it comes straight back as we have no one up front.

Also WHY the lack of shots on goal, Skuse was in a great position yesterday but decided to pass the ball wide. I don’t care if the ball ends up in Row Z just have a go, look at the winning Peterborough goal yesterday.......would we have had a dig that far out, I don’t think so.

Yep, not having Jackson on half way when defending corners is all very hmpf. A previous manager would have been heavily criticised for such, but I'm not saying who ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:03 - Nov 24 with 1731 viewsstrikalite

Your last point is an important one, shots from the edge of the box or outside is something throughout the side we seriously lack, Peterborough were awful yesterday yet once again come up with a wonder strike from outside the box, they did this against Lincoln where I was there, Lincoln were comfortable, then came another quality shot from 20 yards..

I really think if anything costs us it will be this, I go through our entire squad and for all the neat feet we have we lack players that can shoot when in a position too, instinctive...Row Z so be it, Christ I've seen Maddison hit Row Z a few times in a game, but he'll score 15 goals this season from the edge of the box....who will do that for us? Rowe can shoot I'll say that but after that I'm struggling with our midfield/10 role..
Frustrated but satisfied on 12:08 - Nov 24 with 1721 viewsBent_double

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:03 - Nov 24 by strikalite

Your last point is an important one, shots from the edge of the box or outside is something throughout the side we seriously lack, Peterborough were awful yesterday yet once again come up with a wonder strike from outside the box, they did this against Lincoln where I was there, Lincoln were comfortable, then came another quality shot from 20 yards..

I really think if anything costs us it will be this, I go through our entire squad and for all the neat feet we have we lack players that can shoot when in a position too, instinctive...Row Z so be it, Christ I've seen Maddison hit Row Z a few times in a game, but he'll score 15 goals this season from the edge of the box....who will do that for us? Rowe can shoot I'll say that but after that I'm struggling with our midfield/10 role..

I was just thinking that myself, when was the last time we scored from a speculative 20+ yard shot? Probably Sears last season, can't remember who it was against.

Annoying that Posh scored like that yesterday, but I guess if you don't try, you won't know.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:17 - Nov 24 with 1696 viewsThe_Realist_09

Been underwhelmed by Nolan every time I have seen him this season, I thought it might have suited him having Skuse and Downes behind him on Sat but he didn't do enough for me.
Frustrated but satisfied on 12:30 - Nov 24 with 1665 viewstextbackup

Frustrated but satisfied on 11:29 - Nov 24 by Dyland

Yep, not having Jackson on half way when defending corners is all very hmpf. A previous manager would have been heavily criticised for such, but I'm not saying who ;)

frustrates the fck out of me and I hated MM for it! Jackson cleared the ball from a corner yesterday, up to..... where he should have been.
such a simple thing that I cant get head around a management team not seeing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:48 - Nov 24 with 1650 viewspointofblue

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:30 - Nov 24 by textbackup

frustrates the fck out of me and I hated MM for it! Jackson cleared the ball from a corner yesterday, up to..... where he should have been.
such a simple thing that I cant get head around a management team not seeing

Especially as Blackpool left three men back, which meant three less men to mark. Arguably we could have pushed Rowe, Edwards and Jackson all forward.

As it was they found it far too easy to win headers from corners; excluding the goal and penalty I think all their shots on goal occurred from set pieces. The defending was shocking but maybe it was because we overloaded the box to such an extent we didn’t know who to cover or what to do.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:53 - Nov 24 with 1639 viewstextbackup

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:48 - Nov 24 by pointofblue

Especially as Blackpool left three men back, which meant three less men to mark. Arguably we could have pushed Rowe, Edwards and Jackson all forward.

As it was they found it far too easy to win headers from corners; excluding the goal and penalty I think all their shots on goal occurred from set pieces. The defending was shocking but maybe it was because we overloaded the box to such an extent we didn’t know who to cover or what to do.

their giant number 5 was marked by Edwards, then when he went off it was Judge.

i just don't understand that.

as my mate said, he won so many set piece headers why didn't chambers, for example, make a decision to change that about?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Frustrated but satisfied on 14:40 - Nov 24 with 1562 viewsGarv

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:17 - Nov 24 by The_Realist_09

Been underwhelmed by Nolan every time I have seen him this season, I thought it might have suited him having Skuse and Downes behind him on Sat but he didn't do enough for me.

He was all right yesterday I thought but nothing special. He’s very neat and tidy but not overly useful for breaking or springing at attack quickly.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Frustrated but satisfied on 15:24 - Nov 24 with 1482 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Frustrated but satisfied on 12:08 - Nov 24 by Bent_double

I was just thinking that myself, when was the last time we scored from a speculative 20+ yard shot? Probably Sears last season, can't remember who it was against.

Annoying that Posh scored like that yesterday, but I guess if you don't try, you won't know.

It's also about picking and choosing when that is the right option. I was more frustrated we haven't done that in matches where we clearly aren't breaking down the opposition. Then it is a better option. However, when we are creating threats and it is better to keep possession we are right to be more limited in doing so, especially if it is not a strength of most of our players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Frustrated but satisfied on 09:39 - Nov 25 with 1215 viewsSamWhiteUK

We haven't had a player happy to hit it from outside the box regularly for YEARS. I always think we just never have enough shots.
Frustrated but satisfied on 10:05 - Nov 25 with 1201 viewsflimflam

Frustrated but satisfied on 14:40 - Nov 24 by Garv

He was all right yesterday I thought but nothing special. He’s very neat and tidy but not overly useful for breaking or springing at attack quickly.

Nolan was very good second half and also tracked back several times to dispossess Blackpool. Always neat and tidy on the ball and keeps the ball moving always following his pass looking to get it back again,

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024