Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? 10:46 - Nov 22 with 1782 viewsHullblue

For reasons completely unrelated to ITFC, of course.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 10:49 - Nov 22 with 1776 viewswkj

Make one using a raspberry pi.

https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-vpn-server/

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 10:51 - Nov 22 with 1759 viewsitfcjoe

I use SetupVPN which is free and works

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 10:52 - Nov 22 with 1760 viewsDanTheMan

In a purely hypothetical situation where you're using it for say... some sort of football club streaming service, you'll find most VPN providers would be blocked by said streaming service.

However, depending on how good your technical skills are with computers, you can host them yourself (like wkj has said).

EDIT: Although Joe seems to have found one that works so what do I know.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 10:52]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 10:58 - Nov 22 with 1720 viewstrncbluearmy

Nord vpn
Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 11:00 - Nov 22 with 1717 viewsSWGF

On laptop, I use SetupVPN as a Chrome extension. On tablet, I use Thunder VPN.

For reasons completely unrelated to ITFC, of course.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 11:40 - Nov 22 with 1643 viewsHullblue

Thanks everyone - I’ll try all these options in reverse order of complexity, because I’m crap at tech. Let’s all hope for a successful outcome on the extremely important work project I’m using this for tomorrow afternoon.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 11:49 - Nov 22 with 1627 viewswkj

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 11:40 - Nov 22 by Hullblue

Thanks everyone - I’ll try all these options in reverse order of complexity, because I’m crap at tech. Let’s all hope for a successful outcome on the extremely important work project I’m using this for tomorrow afternoon.

Rapberry Pi is actually quite a good place to learn about tech and great if you have kids into electronics and computing as a modern day airfix dad (or mum) and kids activity. It might not be your choice for the Vpn fix, but definitely a fun and relatively affordable hobby to mess about with. Essentially it is like lego in how modular it can be.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 12:45 - Nov 22 with 1594 viewsHogger

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 11:49 - Nov 22 by wkj

Rapberry Pi is actually quite a good place to learn about tech and great if you have kids into electronics and computing as a modern day airfix dad (or mum) and kids activity. It might not be your choice for the Vpn fix, but definitely a fun and relatively affordable hobby to mess about with. Essentially it is like lego in how modular it can be.

When at home in Holland I don't need one to follow anything as I have paid my annual subs but when in UK I find that Setup vpn serves a purpose
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 12:49 - Nov 22 with 1595 viewsJohnny_Boy

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 10:58 - Nov 22 by trncbluearmy

Nord vpn

A nod towards NORD VPN from me also.

Available for iOS, Android & Windows.

I held-out & managed to blag a year for $35. Didn’t fancy subscribing for 2 or 3yrs either.
They usually do deals fairly often. They must have a newsletter to subscribe to - that’s how I got my $35 deal. They used to allow you to pay with PayPal, but that got ditched after PayPal provided info to Canadian Netflix in an effort to stop VPN ‘piracy’. Nord VPN dropped PayPal like a stone.

Unfortunately, Netflix updates it’s banned IP Adresses fairly regularly so it’s a lot of searching involved when using Nord.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 12:54]
Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 15:51 - Nov 22 with 1486 viewsjeera

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 11:49 - Nov 22 by wkj

What if you struggle with lego?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 17:24 - Nov 22 with 1440 viewsjeera

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 10:52 - Nov 22 by DanTheMan

In a purely hypothetical situation where you're using it for say... some sort of football club streaming service, you'll find most VPN providers would be blocked by said streaming service.

However, depending on how good your technical skills are with computers, you can host them yourself (like wkj has said).

EDIT: Although Joe seems to have found one that works so what do I know.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 10:52]

For people like me who, as you already know, aren't so clued up:

Do all VPNs not just 'hide' your location, but also by default offer added security; i.e. encryption for purchasing/banking online?

And is this a concern (on the Raspberry site) "For starters, make sure you actually do need a VPN before you start setting this up, as it can act as a gateway into your home network."

A gateway into your home network?

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 19:06 - Nov 22 with 1404 viewsjeera

Anyone happy to recommend a VPN? on 17:24 - Nov 22 by jeera

For people like me who, as you already know, aren't so clued up:

Do all VPNs not just 'hide' your location, but also by default offer added security; i.e. encryption for purchasing/banking online?

And is this a concern (on the Raspberry site) "For starters, make sure you actually do need a VPN before you start setting this up, as it can act as a gateway into your home network."

A gateway into your home network?

Yes/no?

Anyone?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024