Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Massive couple of weeks 03:48 - Nov 22 with 1735 viewsallezlesbleus

5 matches against the top 5 teams.

I've not been a big fan of Lambert's selection / resting of players, especially over the last 3 weeks, but, if we are top at the end of this spell then I think we would all have to agree that he made the right choices.

COYBB
Massive couple of weeks on 03:55 - Nov 22 with 1707 viewsIllinoisblue

although only 3 of those games really matter

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Massive couple of weeks on 03:58 - Nov 22 with 1707 viewsallezlesbleus

Massive couple of weeks on 03:55 - Nov 22 by Illinoisblue

although only 3 of those games really matter

I realise that, although I would love to have a bit of a cup run for a change. Plus it sounded better to say 5 consecutive matches against teams in the top 5!
Massive couple of weeks on 06:44 - Nov 22 with 1608 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

We’ve taken 1 point from 6 against the current top 6. 3 big games coming up.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Massive couple of weeks on 07:54 - Nov 22 with 1439 viewsChateauWines

I totally agree. My main fear is we will go I to the Blackpool game rusty and not perform or pick up silly injuries. Tomorrow biggest game if the season so far. I for one cannot wait.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Massive couple of weeks on 08:12 - Nov 22 with 1378 viewssolemio

Massive couple of weeks on 07:54 - Nov 22 by ChateauWines

I totally agree. My main fear is we will go I to the Blackpool game rusty and not perform or pick up silly injuries. Tomorrow biggest game if the season so far. I for one cannot wait.

Just for you I've arranged for the match to be brought forward to this afternoon.
Massive couple of weeks on 08:18 - Nov 22 with 1358 viewsitfcjoe

It's the end of the season when we will find out if he was right or not, but get point that these 3 games are massive.

I'd like to win the cup games with the reserves too, because they give extra games to the squad players which is always a positive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Massive couple of weeks on 08:27 - Nov 22 with 1329 viewsKieran_Knows

Massive couple of weeks on 08:18 - Nov 22 by itfcjoe

It's the end of the season when we will find out if he was right or not, but get point that these 3 games are massive.

I'd like to win the cup games with the reserves too, because they give extra games to the squad players which is always a positive

Was listening to Aaron Wilbraham on the Undr the Cosh podcast yesterday and he said that Lambert always used to say at Norwich that the players out of the starting 11/match day 18 are more important than those in the 11/18, in terms of keeping them happy and being ready to play when called upon. Pretty standard procedure I imagine for most managers, but he's certainly adopting that approach here as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Massive couple of weeks on 10:40 - Nov 22 with 1173 viewsmonty_radio

Massive couple of weeks on 08:27 - Nov 22 by Kieran_Knows

Was listening to Aaron Wilbraham on the Undr the Cosh podcast yesterday and he said that Lambert always used to say at Norwich that the players out of the starting 11/match day 18 are more important than those in the 11/18, in terms of keeping them happy and being ready to play when called upon. Pretty standard procedure I imagine for most managers, but he's certainly adopting that approach here as well.

Although when he had that Norwich season only 16 players made more than 5 appearances
So P.L.'s own history suggests something different.

If he picked up this big rotation thing from rubbing shoulders with the big boys, again, his own experience surely suggested that the boys he had needed to be bigger for it to work well. At a club of our size our three stars and other triumphs bring to mind specific teams, not squads. On the other hand, in spite of the verbal camouflage, the fact that tomorrow's team has been protected over this period perhaps indicates that he doesn't really buy into rotation as much as he says.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Massive couple of weeks on 08:42 - Dec 11 with 779 viewsallezlesbleus

Well, those 6 matches against teams in the top 5 didn't go too well...…...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024