Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now 21:18 - Nov 21 with 1090 viewsRyorry

https://www.channel5.com/show/how-to-stop-your-nuisance-calls/

Is on C44 (freeview) right now. Saw the second half of this on C5, just incredible. Smishing, spoofing of real numbers incl people's banks, friends even during live text convos - undercover reporter with investigator who sent message from lifelong Arsenal supporter's number saying he'd "converted" to ManU! And they also filmed cybercrime reporter for Daily Telegraph being taken in via spoofing of Amazon number he'd received texts from before.

Then there are the anti-scammer vigilantes, an iron breed ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 21:24 - Nov 21 with 1066 viewsfactual_blue

This is the best way to deal with a nuisance call.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:18 - Nov 21 with 952 viewsRyorry

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 21:24 - Nov 21 by factual_blue

This is the best way to deal with a nuisance call.

"My name is DI Ry, are you aware you're calling the scene of a murder investigation?"
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 22:19]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:25 - Nov 21 with 924 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had a new one for me recently on landline.....automated message, amazon prime due to renew for £39, press 1 to speak to an operator.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:30 - Nov 21 with 896 viewsjaykay

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:25 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

Had a new one for me recently on landline.....automated message, amazon prime due to renew for £39, press 1 to speak to an operator.....

i'm still waiting for you to call

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:35 - Nov 21 with 887 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:30 - Nov 21 by jaykay

i'm still waiting for you to call

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 23:14 - Nov 21 with 859 viewsMeadowlark

If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 22:25 - Nov 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't understand how phone companies (BT?) can allow criminals to operate using their allocated numbers, and how premium rate phone lines are even a thing?
If you thought you were too aware/sophisticated to be scammed, watch C5+1 now on 06:32 - Nov 22 with 717 viewsTractorWood

It's 2019. I see landline calls and text messages as very dubious methods of cold calling. The world is run on WhatsApp where it is far harder to come across genuine and it is advanced blocking options.

Truecaller is also good on your mobile. It will block or flag incoming calls as spam so you don't even have to think about answering it.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024