Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 14:20 - Nov 21 with 5563 viewsJakeITFC

Changed both of those games v Lincoln once moved into a deeper central midfield position.

I really think we will improve as a team if we can get him in that role permanently (rather than out wide or in a ten). I get the arguments around physicality and coasting through games, but I really think (as the second half last night shows) that we have plenty of players in this squad who can allow us to just play on the front foot and give him the time and space to make him really effective.
Dozzell on 14:35 - Nov 21 with 4449 viewsGarv

I'm quietly confident he will eventually come good, very good.

I see no benefit to us selling him for a few million quid in January/summer, just because he hasn't fulfilled potential yet.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dozzell on 14:40 - Nov 21 with 4415 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dozzell on 14:35 - Nov 21 by Garv

I see no benefit to us selling him for a few million quid in January/summer, just because he hasn't fulfilled potential yet.

I wouldn’t have thought he was worth ‘a few million quid’ right now, but still completely agree

This is undoubtedly an optimistic outlook, but if (and its a big IF) Dozzell can establish a role this season, help us gain promotion, and then play regularly and impress next year, then based on current transfer fees his value would be significant - and quite possibly north of 10 figures

For the record I’m by no means convinced that will happen, but I think he’s worth persisting with as the potential rewards both on the pitch, and ultimately off it, could be huge

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dozzell on 14:42 - Nov 21 with 4412 viewsHullblue

I think you might be right, but what shape would you do it in?

Downes and Skuse have been two of our best players so far this season, so it's difficult to drop either. And I don't think the balance is right if you play all three at once.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Dozzell on 14:42 - Nov 21 with 4411 viewsGarv

Dozzell on 14:40 - Nov 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I wouldn’t have thought he was worth ‘a few million quid’ right now, but still completely agree

This is undoubtedly an optimistic outlook, but if (and its a big IF) Dozzell can establish a role this season, help us gain promotion, and then play regularly and impress next year, then based on current transfer fees his value would be significant - and quite possibly north of 10 figures

For the record I’m by no means convinced that will happen, but I think he’s worth persisting with as the potential rewards both on the pitch, and ultimately off it, could be huge

Agree with all that. You're right, it's debatable.

But isn't it common knowledge - may have been EADT lot - that Norwich were willing to offer £3/5m for him? Can't remember exactly what they said it was.

Having said that, after a stop start season so far, that value has probably dropped since the summer.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 14:43]

Dozzell on 14:44 - Nov 21 with 4399 viewschicoazul

lol at a third division team selling their fifth choice CM for "a few million quid"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell on 14:44 - Nov 21 with 4397 viewsKieran_Knows

Just as a side note, his contract is up next summer (although no doubt we'll take the years option in it), do we run the risk of him going in to his final year without a new deal and then possibly leaving for free ... especially if he does kick on?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Dozzell on 14:44 - Nov 21 with 4390 viewsitfcjoe

10 figures? Isn’t that £1bn - seems unlikely.....

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell on 14:56 - Nov 21 with 4325 viewsIllinoisblue

he'll be playing for a midtable prem side within a couple years. He has more talent than Maitland-Niles, for example, who seems to be almst a regular at Arsenal.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell on 14:56 - Nov 21 with 4309 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dozzell on 14:42 - Nov 21 by Garv

Agree with all that. You're right, it's debatable.

But isn't it common knowledge - may have been EADT lot - that Norwich were willing to offer £3/5m for him? Can't remember exactly what they said it was.

Having said that, after a stop start season so far, that value has probably dropped since the summer.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 14:43]

I expect it will have done, and in any event I expect any deal would be heavily incentive laden which would be a huge risk given the struggle he would have establishing himself at a PL side

I could be way wide of the mark mind you. I’ve long stopped being surprised by transfer fees, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty that are way out from what I’d have expected!

Dozzell on 14:57 - Nov 21 with 4295 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dozzell on 14:44 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Not when you add the pence... 😳

(Was woken up at 5 and it’s been a long day!)

Dozzell on 15:12 - Nov 21 with 4212 viewsJakeITFC

Dozzell on 14:42 - Nov 21 by Hullblue

I think you might be right, but what shape would you do it in?

Downes and Skuse have been two of our best players so far this season, so it's difficult to drop either. And I don't think the balance is right if you play all three at once.

Ideally the Skuse role

Dozzell for the reasons mentioned above
Downes for energy and tackling
Huws/Nolan/Bishop for the ball carrying and drive
Dozzell on 15:13 - Nov 21 with 4196 viewsDyland

Dozzell on 15:12 - Nov 21 by JakeITFC

Ideally the Skuse role

I agree, and as a Skuse fan to boot.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Dozzell on 15:14 - Nov 21 with 4192 viewsBiGDonnie

I said this on here a while ago and was jumped on - Skuse is in the position we need to see Dozzer in, thus hampering his development. IMO, of course.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Dozzell on 15:16 - Nov 21 with 4173 viewsTractorCam

Dozzell on 15:14 - Nov 21 by BiGDonnie

I said this on here a while ago and was jumped on - Skuse is in the position we need to see Dozzer in, thus hampering his development. IMO, of course.

But Skuse has been one of our best players.

It's funny how Dozzell has been lynched and now he's put in 2 respectable performances suddenly he should be starting over one of our better players.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dozzell on 15:18 - Nov 21 with 4162 viewsHullblue

Dozzell on 15:12 - Nov 21 by JakeITFC

Ideally the Skuse role

Agree that would be the best fit for him, but Skuse makes so many important tackles and interceptions. Maybe that wouldn’t be quite so necessary if we could keep hold of the ball a bit better though.

Dozzell, Downes and Bishop would be a dream.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Dozzell on 15:27 - Nov 21 with 4079 viewsGarv

Dozzell on 14:56 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

he'll be playing for a midtable prem side within a couple years. He has more talent than Maitland-Niles, for example, who seems to be almst a regular at Arsenal.

I can see that happening. Not Arsenal mind, but someone.

Dozzell on 15:28 - Nov 21 with 4073 viewsGarv

Dozzell on 15:16 - Nov 21 by TractorCam

But Skuse has been one of our best players.

It's funny how Dozzell has been lynched and now he's put in 2 respectable performances suddenly he should be starting over one of our better players.

Not sure he said he should be starting, just that Skuse playing is hampering his development, which is a reasonable point.

Dozzell on 15:30 - Nov 21 with 4051 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dozzell on 14:44 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Does depend on where you put the decimal point.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dozzell on 15:31 - Nov 21 with 4039 viewsGarv

Dozzell on 14:56 - Nov 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I expect it will have done, and in any event I expect any deal would be heavily incentive laden which would be a huge risk given the struggle he would have establishing himself at a PL side

I could be way wide of the mark mind you. I’ve long stopped being surprised by transfer fees, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty that are way out from what I’d have expected!

There is an argument that he would suit a Premier League side better. And he'd have presumably a big upgrade on coaching and be able to play his natural game more than he can at the moment.

Dozzell on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 4025 viewsitfcjoe

Get him in the team, it’s time.

Dozzell on 15:36 - Nov 21 with 3947 viewsBLUEBEAT

Dozzell on 14:44 - Nov 21 by chicoazul

lol at a third division team selling their fifth choice CM for "a few million quid"

That does seem crazy when put like that.

But we will be a second division club in a few months time...

Poll: W or W

Dozzell on 15:45 - Nov 21 with 3886 viewsTractorCam

Dozzell on 15:32 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Get him in the team, it’s time.

Who you dropping and why?

Skuse and Downes lead the way as our best players so far, so unless we're playing 3 midfielders in that role I don't see how he's valued of a start. Hopefully some more impressive performances off the bench and cup games and he'll be ready should there be a suspension/injury.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Dozzell on 15:53 - Nov 21 with 3826 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell on 15:45 - Nov 21 by TractorCam

Who you dropping and why?

Skuse and Downes lead the way as our best players so far, so unless we're playing 3 midfielders in that role I don't see how he's valued of a start. Hopefully some more impressive performances off the bench and cup games and he'll be ready should there be a suspension/injury.

Skuse, think not having Downes alongside him showed him up recently. D&D is the future

Dozzell on 15:53 - Nov 21 with 3815 viewsBiGDonnie

Dozzell on 15:28 - Nov 21 by Garv

Not sure he said he should be starting, just that Skuse playing is hampering his development, which is a reasonable point.

Yep, what he said.

Still, let's do the old TWTD and not read something properly in the hope of scoring some internet points. Sigh.

COYBs

Dozzell on 15:57 - Nov 21 with 3782 viewsBiGDonnie

Dozzell on 15:53 - Nov 21 by itfcjoe

Skuse, think not having Downes alongside him showed him up recently. D&D is the future

This

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024