Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... 21:51 - Nov 20 with 1705 viewsTheBoyBlue

...Nelson Mandela being released from prison, Barack Obama becoming president, Leicester City winning the Premier League.

But who would ever have thought I'd live to see another Ipswich Town win in the FA Cup?

Historic times.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 22:20 - Nov 20 with 1579 viewsWD19

The Berlin Wall has been down way longer than it was ever up.

Which will make you feel old.
I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 22:34 - Nov 20 with 1540 viewsallezlesbleus

I woke up in Cape Town, on my first ever morning outside Europe. Walked down the road and saw the newspaper headlines from South Africa's equivalent of The Sunday Sport (or so I thought)......Berlin Wall falls - took me a while to realise it was true.

A few months later, I was still in Cape Town and watched as Nelson Mandela was released.

Let's hope it's not another decade before the next Town FA Cup win.
I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 23:22 - Nov 20 with 1464 viewsfactual_blue

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 22:20 - Nov 20 by WD19

And construction of the wall started as Town's First Division title-winning season began.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 00:03 - Nov 21 with 1419 viewsMVBlue

I returned from Paris in late summer and the day after next all TV channels covered the fact Diana had died there that evening before.
I sat at work watching the twin towers fall on the BBC website while MSN messenger chatting with a friend over the event.
I sat monitoring cyber security logs while WannaCry tore through the NHS and other companies.
But Ipswich winning in the F.A. cup for the first time since the Apple iPad arrived, an Icelandic volcano grounded flights and the Lost TV series concluded, feels most significant.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 0:17]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 08:34 - Nov 21 with 1272 viewsGeoffSentence

I grew up with Ipswich and Coventry permanently in the top flight.

That makes me feel old too.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 08:36 - Nov 21 with 1268 viewsuefacup81

I've lived in Berlin in recent years and, having only been born in 1988, if time travel was ever a thing I think one of the first trips I'd make would be back to divided Berlin in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 09:48 - Nov 21 with 1208 viewsWickets

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 22:34 - Nov 20 by allezlesbleus

I woke up in Cape Town, on my first ever morning outside Europe. Walked down the road and saw the newspaper headlines from South Africa's equivalent of The Sunday Sport (or so I thought)......Berlin Wall falls - took me a while to realise it was true.

A few months later, I was still in Cape Town and watched as Nelson Mandela was released.

Let's hope it's not another decade before the next Town FA Cup win.

I have heard that Ipswich FA Cup wins are like London buses !
I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 12:49 - Nov 21 with 1159 viewsElephantintheRoom

I remember watching football when Ipswich Town and Coventry City were two of the top five teams for longevity in the top division

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 12:51 - Nov 21 with 1150 viewsBarneycurley

Lord Beaverbrook, your boys took one hell of a beating

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 19:30 - Nov 21 with 1059 viewsBerlinBlue

I remember watching the TV as the Berlin Wall fell... on 08:36 - Nov 21 by uefacup81

I've lived in Berlin in recent years and, having only been born in 1988, if time travel was ever a thing I think one of the first trips I'd make would be back to divided Berlin in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

I'll join you!

Would also like to visit Ipswich 100/200 etc years ago. Would be fascinating and weird too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024